• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What methods do you use to practice your overall game?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I watch all the Ganon matches that I can on youtube and study the various employements of attacks. After doing so, I write down any new opportunities to attack that I observe. Occasionally, I will play the vids back in VLC media player in slow motion.

I, of course, read the guides repeatedly, and progressively build my own self guide (That I can perhaps publicize when I am worthy enough :D ).

I practice my techniques against lvl 1 comps when I am trying to practice speeding up my combos. To increase my reaction time and awareness, I fight a team battle against three lvl 1's. I find fighting lvl 9's to be useless for practice, because they have very unusual/non-human habits (perfect powershielding and grabbing). If I do fight a lvl 9, I do it in lightning melee to help my reaction time also.

I practice my wavedashes and individual stage techniques in training mode and try to devise special stage specific ways to use attacks.

I practice my wall-techs in the target test by jumping repeatedly into the spikes.

I play against noobs, sadly, at the college twice a week to practice my mindgames.

If anybody has any suggestions of better ways to train a Ganon, please post.

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
I watched an instructional video, then practiced all the neat tricks with a lvl 1 comp, then I practiced combining the neat tricks with the basics to make a combo into a KO. I then played with my team and practiced with real life players to practice mind games with Ganondorf and once I mastered my mind games, I went back to practicing the basics again with the neat tricks combining with the mindgames to make a pretty good Ganondorf. Today, I am now practicing the dtilt to the neutral A combo.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
please dont, i saw some noob vid where someone "taught" a downtilt NA combo.

its easyly DIable, it wont work if they know what they are doing.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I never use Nair, dont know why... just dont like it i guess.

Little Greg

Smash Apprentice
Well, you jiznust need ta practice cuz its a doggy dog world. (Which I aint been do'n...) Preferably against a human, but you can still practice tizzle skills against CPUs wit da big Bo$$ Dogg. Also, if you is hav'n a really hard tizzle against one certain brotha T-H-to-tha-izzen try n find a human who plays that characta, n pizzle thiznat person often . Ya f*ck with us, we gots to f*ck you up.

RPK

Smash Lord
I suggest try playing as though hes captain falcon and combo :3 but dont quote me on that...thats just my style. Sounds what your doing is good. but practice Shffling more if needed cause a shffling ganon is a fast ganon though I know that you probably already know that. You could also mess around with the different aerials, like for example full jump dair, jump into another dair or some crap like that. I dunno just throwing out suggestions

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I put on my nike's and do the "magus" all over Pokemon Stadium.

start on left side, run to platform, jump thru it, waveland forwards off it, waveland forwards onto the ground, run to next platform, jump thru it, waveland forwards off of it. rinse and repeat. eat raisin bran.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
I put on my nike's and do the "magus" all over Pokemon Stadium.

start on left side, run to platform, jump thru it, waveland forwards off it, waveland forwards onto the ground, run to next platform, jump thru it, waveland forwards off of it. rinse and repeat. eat raisin bran.
i do similar but on battle feild. practice going on getting from one edge to the other while traversing all 3 platforums without walking or running.. start off running mind u but waveland to eveyrthing. not possible with eveyrone due to differences in wavelanding lengths but wavedash to cover ne lost ground :p

Top Bottom