• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what matchups will require me to turn to zelda for the kill?

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
umm... basically everyone for your first question, and best way to transform into zelda is usually a fsmash or dsmash the opponent at around 90-100% and it will give you enough time to transform and maybe even start a dins fire before they are on stage

airius

Smash Cadet
i wouldn't say everyone. For me it mostly depends on the person i'm playing against. If i find that i'm racking up more than 150 dmg than i'll probably switch. The only chars i can think of atm who i usually have to switch every time for is snake, D3, and meta.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
If your opponent is at 120 + percent, and you have time to switch, do so. After that, U-smash with Zelda for an off the topper. Transform back, and your moves are no longer stale.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Q1: Everyone who's not fast fallers and Snake if he's giving you a hard time

Q2: Well usually a good down smash or fsmash will give you enough time if there in the 90s.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so is it a recommended strat to change to zelda when you're having trouble KO-ing? I guess its common sense but...I never really considered it.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just try to Usmash my opponent. I've been using Sheik so much, I've forgotten about Zelda's existence.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4569890#post4569890

Down in the Zelda forums i've started a thread about which matchups should be done with Sheik, Zelda, or Sheik with Zelda for the kill. (assuming balanced skill with Sheik and Zelda)
It's a community effort to get consensus opinions on every character, I'd love to get your help. (your means all of you)
Please ignore the posts where i have to explain to a stubborn guy that Sheik ought to transform to Zelda for kills. ( he still doesn't understand what y'all have known for quite a long time).

JRAFF

Smash Cadet
Meh, I dunno... transforming between Sheik and Zelda is definitely a legit strategy, but personally I'd never wanna do it.

They're both my most-used characters, but always separately. I'm determined to find ways of beating every opponent using both of them separately. I don't think Sheik/Zelda players should feel like they absolutely HAVE to transform... though they shouldn't ignore the idea, either. Depends on personal preferences I guess...

Shanky

Smash Cadet
I definitely have been using Zelda more often now. At least 60% of my kills with Sheik are actually with Zelda, if that makes sense.

To be honest I'm still pretty terrible with Zelda, but there's something really satisfying about using a D-smash with Sheik at around 100%, transforming into Zelda, quickly killing them with any of her smashes, aerials, or Din's Fire (seriously, her KO ability is almost ridiculous), and then changing right back! It's kind of a slap in the face.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
if transformations weren't meant to be used they wouldn't be in the game, so being able to take advantage of this is like being able to play two characters with completely different play styles in the same match, it makes it difficult for opponents to adjust if they aren't use to it

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Meh, I dunno... transforming between Sheik and Zelda is definitely a legit strategy, but personally I'd never wanna do it.

They're both my most-used characters, but always separately. I'm determined to find ways of beating every opponent using both of them separately. I don't think Sheik/Zelda players should feel like they absolutely HAVE to transform... though they shouldn't ignore the idea, either. Depends on personal preferences I guess...
I wholeheartedly agree with this viewpoint, and I'm sick of people who won't grant respect to the option they don't personally take.

Top Bottom