• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes the difference between being good at video games and being bad at them

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I wonder why I don't see this talked about anyware I mean like why am I so crapy at games(well I'm bad at everything)and everyone I know good at them
Why do we have different skill levels in video games
My guess is how are brain is the normal smart people will be the best and the non-normal stupid will be bad although that's not right because their is really smart people who suck at games
I would like to know your theories/answers

finalark

SNORLAX
Really it depends on the genre. But things that are generally important include: reaction time, critical thinking skills and experience.

Last edited:

NotaSkeleton

Smash Cadet
I think it's just an understanding of the game's mechanics, controls and being able to work them to get the results you desire. This takes practice. Sometimes days, sometimes weeks, months or even years. It all depends on the depth of the games mechanics and the skill ceiling(and I suppose skill floor), but also how quick you are to learn things and, if not, your patience.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
Things that help the most in improving at any game are the three P'S (Patience, Perseverance, and Prudence) always look for what you can do better, never give up, and pay attention to what players who are more proficient than you at a given game do. Remain Humble and Calm under pressure and have fun doing it! If you don't lack those key virtues there is no limit to your potential.

Last edited:
Top Bottom