• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Level" is Shulk in Smash? (WARNING, POSSIBLE XENOBLADE SPOILERS)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Disclaimer: This topic is not meant to be taken seriously at all. It is purely fun, off topic speculation for the lols.

Also, being a topic talking partially about Xenoblade Chronicles itself, there WILL be Spoilers for the game in this topic.
So you musn't be careless!

So I had a fun little internal debate with myself about what level Shulk would be in Smash 4. As in, the actual stats and levels from Xenoblade Chronicles itself. Not to be taken seriously of course, but hey, might be fun to speculate!

Obviously, Shulk is only using the Monado 1 in Smash... Despite being able to kick Metal Face's ass with something as small as a well timed vision =P... so I don't think Shulk is anywhere past Prison Island in regards to his Smash appearance. He has all 5 Monado arts though, meaning he must at least be past Makena Forest (Supported by the fact that he has Riki in his party). At the same time though, the Monado Arts in Smash work nothing like they do in the actual game... Considering Shulk's Clothing as well, he's in his Colony 9 attire, so the equipment he has on must be normal clothing equipment... Sans Swimsuit Shulk of course. He also isn't wearing any headgear, on that note. Any Gems you feel might make sense for him to have equipped to tackle the Smash Fighters?

Lemme see some discussion folks! Let the completely arbitrary speculation commence!

Last edited:
This is a nice topic to discuss and all that.

But no offense, I think this should be in the social thread :p

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Discussion?
If I had to guess, he's level 99, has beaten the game, and has the Monado III.
"bu-but the Monado III is pure blue!" I hear you say. How is it not the Monado I? He can harm Metal Face and his own ditto.
One thing that's never touched on by Shulk is how the Monado changes forms to suit it's master's wishes. That's how it can be big enough to slice up Mechonis one moment, and small enough to be wielded by a Homs the next. Obviously, the Monado III is the only Monado that actually belongs to Shulk, so he can change it's form. To that of the Monado I. Because he knows he's going into Smash. And doesn't want his story ruined for everyone else.

Which is why he's going to kill the idiot who made the Mechon Fiora trophy.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
This is a nice topic to discuss and all that.

But no offense, I think this should be in the social thread :p
Boo.
Discussion?
If I had to guess, he's level 99, has beaten the game, and has the Monado III.
"bu-but the Monado III is pure blue!" I hear you say. How is it not the Monado I? He can harm Metal Face and his own ditto.
One thing that's never touched on by Shulk is how the Monado changes forms to suit it's master's wishes. That's how it can be big enough to slice up Mechonis one moment, and small enough to be wielded by a Homs the next. Obviously, the Monado III is the only Monado that actually belongs to Shulk, so he can change it's form. To that of the Monado I. Because he knows he's going into Smash. And doesn't want his story ruined for everyone else.

Which is why he's going to kill the idiot who made the Mechon Fiora trophy.
Wow, totally turned my opinion around! In fact, it has to be the Monado III because he can kill Paulutena, a god - an ability he only gains with the Monado III. When Shulk gained the ability to hurt people with the Monado II the symbol in the Monado said "people" in Chinese. Similarly, in the cutscene where he kills Zanza a symbol appears that says "god." That's why Zanza sounds so afraid when he sees it and says "Tha.. that symbol?!"

Furthermore, you could argue that Monado Jump and Monado Smash were not learned in Xenoblade and therefore must be learned following the events of Xenoblade.

Although, now that I think of it... Shulk lost his power at the end of Xenoblade when he wished for a world with no gods. This is a little problematic. We don't even see the Monado, although it could just be stored away somewhere because there's no longer any need for it.

Maybe the Monado III still does exist at the end of Xenoblade, but it's not greatly more powerful than other weapons. Therefore Shulk is not a god by having it. He can still be powerful.

In conclusion, I have to say Shulk is at least level 80, since that's the level he needs to hurt Zanza. I don't think this is what the Developers of Smash 4 were going for, but what do they know?

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Maybe the Monado III still does exist at the end of Xenoblade, but it's not greatly more powerful than other weapons. Therefore Shulk is not a god by having it. He can still be powerful.
Maybe every Smash game Shulk will ever be in happens before the end of Xenoblade, but after the last scene, before giving it up? It's not as if Master Hand wouldn't be a more powerful god than him in any case. Similarly to Palutena, and arguably Rosalina too.

Or, New Game +. He has it from the beginning in that case. Even when it makes no sense. Especially when it makes no sense.

Last edited:

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Well, Smash's world has gods and goddesses, so it's separate from the world of Xenoblade. Shulk's wish therefore didn't effect The World of Amiibos or whatever it is now and granted his abilities back upon being brought there.

Top Bottom