• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What level do you fight CPUs?

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
We've all had that time when there's no friends available and so we have to fight the computer, but what level do you fight, and why?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Levels 1-5 depending on character, but for practice I live really close to a lot of other good smashers so I always practice with them when possible.

For fun right now I'm playing all the level 9 just to reverse engineer how their AI "flow chart" and reaction time is coded. Trying to see if I can JV5 each one just using ATs and actually only killing off the top or side blast lines each stock.

Scurry059

Smash Cadet
Usually I play with level 9 CPU's. I try to work around them to see what is better when it comes to offense and defense

Practicing against CPUs is boring. I play other fighting games online to practice prediction instead

DerpyCookies

Smash Rookie
I play at level 3 for about 5 matches, then move up to level 4, play for 5 matches, etc until I get up to 9, and then I just play on that.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
There have been times where I would play a level 9, but instead of attacking, try to avoid/evade without being hit. Decent way to practice techskill and a little bit of zoning. Options are limited when you're by yourself.

red hot roy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5473-0450-7276
when i first started, i went with level 3 or 4, than moved on, now i play level 9 all the time. the first time i played level 9's i was almost getting 4 stocked, but switching the levels around to my comfort helped, now i can play 9 no problem, but the regular melee bots arent that great so i switched to 20XX recently

Top Bottom