• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What kind of Mario player are you?

???????

Smash Journeyman
What kind of Mario player are you?

Straight-out Brawler:

Focuses on all out attacking. Often uses smashes and short hopped aerials to lead into combos. Uses advanced techniques to maximize range. Edgeguards using combos and aerials. A very straightforward style that most people use.

Approach artist:

Focuses on controlling approach and leading into attacks with projectiles. Camps when necessary and focuses on controlling an opponent's movement and position. Often uses projectiles and the cape to divert and disrupt opponents’ moves. Edgeguards using mainly projectiles and the cape. A popular and effective style but sometimes looked down upon and regarded as spam at times.

Tactician:

Allows opponents to attack to get a feel for their movements while contemplating an appropriate counterattack. Often will use mindgames while looking for openings. Overall, focuses on exploiting the weaknesses of their opponents. A very advanced style that requires a lot of patience and experience, as well as being a master at evasion. Few people play this style but it is very effective.

*These are three main styles of play; of course you can combine these styles*

Many people use both the first and second styles but the most important to combine is the third which requires a bit of knowledge of all characters and expert evasion skills. Overall, mastering these styles and taking advantage of Mario's balance as a character can be put together for a very powerful effect and make you a better player in general.

*I'll try to put together a guide sometime but I'm still experimenting*

*If you have any ideas feel free to post them*

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
approach artist against people who have small defensive properties using fireball spamming and spacing techs like the wall of pain, straight out brawler for the most part. I'm extremely combo happy, and I tend to combo with bair to degenerate its attack power so I can combo with it more later, and I like forcing people into chain grabs with fireballs. When I get my internet started up for my Wii, I'll post my wii code so that you people can see how combo happy I can be..

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I´ll have to wait till Brawl´s european release to find out, but propably I´ll be Tactician at first, after staring the attacking Straight-out Brawler and in edgeguard Approach artist since that´s pretty much I played my chars in Melee.

(I just realized that it was totallly unnecessary for me to answer this and apologise)

OMAR the O

Smash Cadet
My style is all about connecting with his up B as much as possible so I can scream out, "GIMME ALL YOUR COINS!"

silentboxer

Smash Rookie
Straight-out Brawler
Just like the way i'd play with Dr. Mario (Moment of silence to remenise the good times)

MrMoney

Smash Apprentice
i use bowser but i am more defensive. i wait for a mistake the opponent makes then go all out and make him wish he never did that.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
TACTITIAN
i need to watch for perfect spacing on stages even as neutral as final destination and will absolutely lose a stock or two in order to analyze what my opponent will do when given a certain situation... if i lose a game, it ensures that i will never lose to that person again... unless, of course, he's better at it than i.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I would say that I am a mix of all 3. It depends on how my opponent is and then I adapt.

Top Bottom