• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What kind of fun events can draw people to tournaments?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I live in an area with a developing tournament scene. We recently held a large local with over 60 players. I'm looking to gauge the interest for players of all kind to come. The cool thing is I live in the same area where there is a developing con community, and they will be holding a convention in Aiken next year. :)

That said, they're big into cosplay, and the next event for the tournament is in October. I am welcoming them to participate and help promote the scene, and I was also thinking a cosplay contest would be a fun thing to do.

I'm very new to this, as I've come up with different little ideas for tournaments, and I'd like to garner a wide appeal. What other ways are there to bring players to tournaments?

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1.have side events for games not played smash flash crusade brawl 64 etc.
2.a event were you play as the character you are cosplaying so if you are link you have to be link
Well those are my ideas

Top Bottom