• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your smash tag? And what is the meaning/origin behind it?

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
My smash tag is "Dracula". "Drac" in game for Melee or Sm4sh. I got the name from my friends a few years back. At the time I was growing my hair out and was training it back, exposing my widows peak. From then on it stuck.

D

Deleted member

Welcome to Smashboards! I have no Smash tag but I suppose my username works for that. I've been using it since 2010. Long story.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Welcome to the Boards!

As a side note, SM4SH has a 10 character limit for tags, so "Dracula" should fit, unless you're using "Drac" on purpose and wantbto keep it that way.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
My tag is just my nickname, not really that interesting. Looks cool as a tag in Melee though.

Welcome to Smashboards! Nice seeing someone make a more interesting thread for their welcome post.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I FORGOT TO TALK ABOUT MY TAG :facepalm:

Anyway, my tag, "iM 5T00PiD" (5TPD in Melee and 5TPiD in Brawl), is something I randomly came up with when thinking about my skill levels a few years ago :grin:

Last edited:

Kompozure

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kompozure
Welcome to Smashboards..!

My tag is actually my stage name.. It's been so for as long as I have been making music, so that kind of transfers over to gaming.

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns
(てもとみ) is my tag, It's basically 'TEcH' spelled in Japanese hiragana.

Also welcome to Smashboards!

Last edited:

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the greetings! As for the topic, I've always been curious to know how some smashers got their names.

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
Hey, Welcome to the boards!
finally I see someone asking that. I gotta admit that I'm curious too.

As for myself, I always liked Kirby, and tried to search a tag that was related. I just recently settled with HyperNova, because of Kirby Triple Deluxe. Also, I'm really into space-related stuff, and it was also the name of the death of a star, a stronger version of the supernova.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
Welcome to Smashboards!
My Smash Tag?
Well, at home, when I first got Brawl, I used my first name. It's five letters; it fits.
But that got boring.
Skip to about 6 months later when I got Fire Emblem Awakening and it ate my entire life. When I was about to start my second playthrough, I needed to name my MU/Tactician/Robin (whatever you want to call him/her) something unique. I decided to go with something that reflected my strong inferiority complex: Mr. Fail.
Skip to about three weeks ago when I went to a friend's house to play Melee (I don't have it myself). By this time, I tried and failed to get people to call me Mr. Fail. But I still like the nickname, so when we got to the name entry, I decided to go with what my gut told me to do in that hectic-party atmosphere: F@!L. (Because of the :troll:epic GameCube graphics:troll: , one guy kept calling me "Foil".)
So that's my tag in Melee/Brawl.
In SSB4, it's Mr. Fail.

Last edited:
Top Bottom