• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your signature move/style with Falco?

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
The weakest hit of up air, close to the ground so I can L-Cancel it, it's pretty pointless though but I like to do it if I see an opportunity

Travis 'Tails'

Smash Rookie
you guys want some finesse w your sets?
>perfect waveland to shine
>do shine platform warps off the platform to cancel the airdodges landing lag
>dair>waveshine turnaround>bair
>up air to shine at high %
>ledge drop> wall jump> shorten phantasm back to ledge is mindgame central
just make sure after you walljump you are well above the ledge, dont phantasm directly into the ledge, you want to shorten phantasm then FALL onto the ledge
>reverse shl into dash attack cancelled grab*
*while moving midair towards your opponent, laser in the opposite direction of him, keeping your momentum towards him,when you land go for DAC grab, looks jenky but the rande on that grab is 1 hunna
>doraki instant walljump > jump > bair on stage
>reverse walljump aerials
nd thats all im willing to share rn
pm me for more

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
you guys want some finesse w your sets?
>perfect waveland to shine
>do shine platform warps off the platform to cancel the airdodges landing lag
>dair>waveshine turnaround>bair
>up air to shine at high %
>ledge drop> wall jump> shorten phantasm back to ledge is mindgame central
just make sure after you walljump you are well above the ledge, dont phantasm directly into the ledge, you want to shorten phantasm then FALL onto the ledge
>reverse shl into dash attack cancelled grab*
*while moving midair towards your opponent, laser in the opposite direction of him, keeping your momentum towards him,when you land go for DAC grab, looks jenky but the rande on that grab is 1 hunna
>doraki instant walljump > jump > bair on stage
>reverse walljump aerials
nd thats all im willing to share rn
pm me for more
I actually do dair>waveshine turnaround> bair but only in one direction (i can only do it in that direction consistently). I don't know why I waveshine turnaround everything I do in that direction but I do, so that's the reason why I do that :I. doraki instant walljump bair sounds cool but it's prob actually practical with Mario. reverse walljump i haven't actually tried doing before but it sounds practical.

oh god I can't imagine what could possibly be more fine then this... perhaps this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYgp2OxPVyA

Last edited:

NitroSSBM

The coolest Falco of all time
I'm sorta known for 'sakurai-angling' people to their deaths. Really fun to do to noobs :)

Blue Ranger

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure how that even works. Shine starts like every single combo known to Falco's. Does your region suck that badly?
Lasers are a good combo starter. Also, wavedash backwards out of shield into fsmash works in some situations. If you only rely on shine to play Falco, you're not a good Falco.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
The thing with lasers, though, is that they only have like 6 frames of hitstun, so if you hit with like the lowest lasers possible, your only legitimate are shine, jab, or grab. Any higher hitboxes allow characters like Marth to easily dash out of the way. I never said I relied upon shine to start every combos, but honestly lasers are highly over-rated. Not saying they're useless, but they shouldn't be entirely lied upon. And anyway, it's like dtilt with Marth. It's not an approach, but it can start an approach.

Last edited:

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
Dair all day. Dunking someone you don't like is one of the most satisfying things in the world. Hate the lag on dair in sm4sh...and his useless shine.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
if you have 10 posts on SB and you claim to be the best in your region and claim you don't shine

then your "region" is your middle school

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
or maybe Idaho. Even I'd be top 3 in Idaho. to my knowledge their best player is J$?

Last edited:

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
VS Fox I feel that Shine jump shine jump bair or nair or dair is orgasmic xD

TeeJay308

Smash Cadet
Somebody called me a BAir ***** and that I should play Jigglypuff instead of Falco, lol.

I also use UAir for combo's a lot, but I kinda think it sucks against people who DI properly :/.

But my signature move would be the Side B stock-cancel. I cancel my own stock by Side-B'ing of the stage

TeeJay308

Smash Cadet
it's a lame joke. I was at some dude's house and they were discussing how everything is considered an advanced technique and needs to have a name. So I decided to develop my own "advanced technique", namely the stock cancel, which involves randomly Side B'ing off the stage.

Now that I think about it, I go for another setup that's kinda scrubby as well, but it works against a lot of people regardless. I basically do a BAir on someones shield, retreat out of their grabrange and immediately FSmash their shieldgrab attempt. It really does work surprisingly well, lol.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
it's a lame joke. I was at some dude's house and they were discussing how everything is considered an advanced technique and needs to have a name. So I decided to develop my own "advanced technique", namely the stock cancel, which involves randomly Side B'ing off the stage.

Now that I think about it, I go for another setup that's kinda scrubby as well, but it works against a lot of people regardless. I basically do a BAir on someones shield, retreat out of their grabrange and immediately FSmash their shieldgrab attempt. It really does work surprisingly well, lol.
Actually, Mango gets similar setups a lot. He'll space a seemingly unsafe move on people's shield, WD out of the way in the nick of time, and fsmash or usmash their lag. Tafo's mentioned it before.

rustymon

Smash Rookie
I like to use soft nairs and bairs to push them offstage and hopefully follow that up with a spike or edgeguard. It also looks really cool if you can pull off the dair.

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I think mine would be standing outside their grab range and f-tilting their shield or shield poking with dtilt. Its good for when someone angles their shield up to make you miss an L-cancel, but they leave their feet exposed.

Quarry

Smash Rookie
I have a signature move when playing Falco known as "getting 4 stocked" and I'm fairly well known for this skill.
I've been known for this technique for years myself, I can do it even without warming up at this point!

AaronS

Smash Rookie
Shielddrop shine-bair or dropping down and coming back with a nair as an edgeguarding tool

Michelangelo

Smash Cadet
Triple uptilt are pretty dope and da circusballz pressure. Also when they're on a platform and they come down with an aerial it's so easy to catch them with uptilt. For edguarding ledge cancelled bair into grab ledge.

Last edited:

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Shffl bair my way into defensive characters and shffl dair to double shine

BLOCKHEAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
nosepass
3DS FC
2079-7025-3330
fire birding from mid stage to ledge when my opponent is off stage, so unnecessary but feels so godlike lmao

Top Bottom