• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your least favorite character and map to play as

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I cannot play as Wii Fit Trainer. There are so many characters I'm kinda eh about but I just seriously cannot enjoy myself playing as WFT unless I'm literally not even trying to play. Charizard is also really boring for me. Everyone else is okay.

Stage-wise I stand by 75m being the biggest literal piece of **** ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really don't like playing as Lylat Cruise cause I have trouble steering my ship. (jk)

Character I least like playing as....hrm..

I'd have to say Olimar. Really tough character for me to play due to his style.

Least favorite stage is most definitely Pac-Land. What an awful stage in appearance and design.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Depends on the stage.

Any stage with large gaps in between like Reset Bomb Forest, while I'm playing as Little Mac.

Any stage that scrolls like Pac Land, while I'm playing as a slow character like Robin.

Overall
Least favourite character to play as: Zelda
Least favourite stage to play in: Balloon Fight, Flat Zone 2, and Pac Land (I do like the music tho).

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
I played falco in melee and brawl. And whatever that is, DAT ain't falco.

Also 75m why?

Khao

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong.

If he shows up in random and I'm playing on my own, I'll always reset the match. Eugh. Hate his moveset.

Ness used to be pretty high in my "characters I don't like" list in both Melee and Brawl, but he feels pretty good in this game for some reason.

Stage? Pac-Land. If I could un-unlock Pac-Land, I would. Seriously, it's the worst stage in Smash history by far. At least 75m is "stable".

Niala

Smash Ace
Lucario. How do people even play him, I just don't understand how his attacks are effective...

Great Cave Offensive, Palutena's Temple, and 75m are all garbage, though.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Not fond of Ness at all. I've never been able to use him effectively enough to be more than a punching bag. (Always fun fighting against good players using him though.)

And Pac-land can die in a fire. Its use of colors and layout make it near impossible to know what is safe and what isn't, be it in the background or having weird geometry.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Olimar because i just can't play well with him no matter how hard i try.

75M because for just being impossible to actually fight in, atleast Pac Land has good music.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
The least amount of fun I've had in this game has been while I was playing as Greninja. I understand nothing about this character other than grab-->uthrow-->uair. I despise his aerials and most of his ground game other than usmash and dtilt. His specials are pretty meh as well.

I don't usually play on the non-legal stages but if I had to pick one, it'd probably be Skyworld. I say this because I used to play Ike a ton in brawl and my friends would always pick this stage because Ike just can't recover on it at all because Aether destroys the ledges that I'm trying to save myself with.

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
I can't play as Villager or Olimar. They're a little difficult for me to use, and I don't have much fun when playing as them. As for stages, 75M because WT LITERAL F, and Great Cave Offensive because it's too big for me to focus in.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Sanic because he's just annoying and Pac Land because it looks like someone gave a 5 year old access to MS Paint and asked them to make a stage.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
sonic i never bother to learn spin mechanics but i like him

never tried ddd he fat dificult

mii gunner is wonky but funny

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Stage: 75M (aka Donkey Kong Arcade)
Character: Olimar. (not hating the character, i just can't play him at all)

Alpha Kong

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaKong
The only character I truly don't like in this game is Lucina. She is just a straight up lesser version of Marth, and honestly should have just been a re-skin of Marth. At least Dr. Mario and Dark Pit FEEL different then the people they are cloning. Shiek was almost going to be my choice since I hate feeling overpowered when playing a character, but at least she is a interesting character.

Also for stages, probably Great Cave because while some maps are arguably more obnoxious, it just hurts to watch your character when the camera is super far out due to 8 players. So I guess I hate Palutena's Temple too.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I really don't like playing as Lylat Cruise cause I have trouble steering my ship. (jk).
Ah-ha, you beat me to it cx

But yeah... I literally cannot play 75m. The awful layout and mix of obstacles make it impossible to have a good game on. It's literally a game of king of the hill, fighting over platforms, and if you try to use the only large platform in the stage you get bombarded with DK and the springs... Hell, even the other parts of the stage are annoying because of the flames and the falling springs.

Character-wise? Probably Meta, Ness and Olimar.

:4metaknight: because his range makes him a pain to use well. That and most of his moves are pretty laggy. It's a shame because I like his actual character. but I just can't use him, not too well anyway.

:4ness: mostly because of his recovery. To me (personally, don't jump down my throat), it's comparable to Little Mac's. If you mess up his UpB, the angle you hit from or missing Ness, you will die. I know his double jump is good compared to all of Little Mac's recovery option combined, but if you get gimped, it's all down to his UpB, which I dislike greatly. The rest of his moveset is ok, but... I just don't get why he's got so much hype behind him. His design... It's pretty bland. He's a kid with derpy eyes and a baseball bat that can use PSI. The rest of the cast are just more interesting to me. Is it just hype from the games he's in? I don't understand. Not saying it's bad to like him, I mean I like Sonic, but I just don't get Ness. He's something I can't wrap my head around.

:4olimar:/:4alph: Is kinda similar to Ness design-wise, except to a greater extent. Their physical appearance is just... Hideous. I don't like it. Yes, I main a anthropomorphic blue hedgehog who can talk and has to go fast... But that's more of a nostalgic thing for me. I like the style of his games. As for gameplay... I hate the micromanagement system linked to the Pikmin. Paired with the very campy style, it just doesn't fit my style. I want to run up to you and hit you in the face with my fist, not throw some multicoloured plants at you from a distance. I prefer a more rush-down style of play. Olimar doesn't fit this. But despite that, there are characters who aren't a rushdown kind of character, but I can use them just fine. But Olimar eludes me.

OH... :4luigi:. I like him, I want to like using him... But he's SO weird, I've tried a few times but I can't use him. XD

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
I can't play as Robin. Such a slow and bleh character. Not sure if I have a least favorite stage since I play mostly omega stages.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Palutena. Palutena's Temple.

I can't play her or her stage seriously, I just really don't like her.

Bash bash.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
@ skylandersspyro skylandersspyro you should make a rule that people can't bash other characters to prevent you thread from being locked that how a other thread got lock because of flaming.

Anyway I don't like playing as the Duck hut Dog, I just can't get his moveset down, and I hate 75m

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Personally, I have nothing against King Dedede. But for some reason, I have trouble playing as him.
And I don't like Pac-Land. I don't think that needs any explanation.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
I never liked Ness as a character. He just looks obnoxious and I hate his voice.I also think Mr. Game and Watch is the lamest character in the game and it doesn't help that he can be really good when used right, so it's even more annoying to fight him. I don't really have a least favorite stage since I mostly play 1 on 1 For Glory.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Either DHD or Villager. I can't use their movesets very well and do I really need to explain why I don't like the damn mutt? Villager I don't like because of the dumb memes.

Pac-Land (MS Paint: the stage), Pyrosphere (Ridley is an awful hazard) and 75M (Let's fight the stage instead) can all go to feet first into hell.

Last edited:

Pym

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pymdrake
75M for sure. impossible to play there with all the ladders, I hate hate hate getting stuck on them

also I suck at DHD, go figure

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
It's a toss up between Olimar and G&W. I find both utterly boring to use.
Stage? I'm going with the crowd and saying 75m. It's just bad, and it never should've made a return in Smash 4.

Last edited:

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
Wario, so many SD's.

Gamer, so many accidental deaths.

Like wario? Too bad, waluigi time.

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
Worst character is Ganondorf, because hate him for not having a moveset that comes from his own series.

Least favorite stage is 75m, it's beyond me why of all the Brawl stages they brought back that they choose THAT one.

Last edited:

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
I tried :4olimar: once and had no idea how to make him work,still a blast chucking pikmin at people.

75m is the stage I have absolutely no idea on why they would bring it back.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I take back what I said about Charizard. I had a lolzy match today.

I still don't like WFT though.

BlueShadow.EXE

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueShadow.EXE
3DS FC
2036-9070-3056
This might sound dumb to a lot of you but for whatever reason, I absolutely cannot use Mac! And by all means I should love him, I love quick characters, Lucina, Yoshi, Falcon etc: and I think his KO Meter is an awesome idea. It's probably because I primarily use air focused characters though. And for least favourite stage, definitely that STUPID Pac-maze! It might just be me (it probably is) but I hate the power pellets idea! Sorry for rambling a bit there, but I wanna see if anyone else is like this with some of the characters.

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I despise playing as Olimar cuz he feels weird in his movement and attacks.
I also heavily dislike G&W. He's light but doesn't make up ffor it with his moveset..
Also, Diddy Kong. :troll:

Worst stage is easier... 75M, Palutena's temple, great cave offensive, and MSPaint Land are the worst...

Muro

Smash Lord
edit: nvm thought it was favorite, instead of least favorite lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom