• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favourite weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I love the Samurai blade so much, when in use.

Design though, Palutena's blade looks incredible.

Agreed, killing someone with a dash-melee attack with the Brawler is probably one of the most satisfying things I've done in a game. That and the Upperdash Arm.
It's so hard to land that melee dash attack with Upperdash arm for me :(

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I love the Samurai blade so much, when in use.

Design though, Palutena's blade looks incredible.

It's so hard to land that melee dash attack with Upperdash arm for me :(
Yeah, Wi-Fi lag hurts MDA weapons quite a bit. You can do Melee Dash Attacks manually, though, (abbreviated as MMDA) it it helps a ton. Just run one way, and slam the Circle Pad the other way and attack. It has uses outside of simply meleeing people too. You get SSB style super armor when MDAing, you can use it to skip past jump pads, and you can use it for speed-boosts in certain situations, like when you're paralized or to conserve stamina when running. Just a note though, it runs on a charge, so you can't spam it. It's a different meter then from a charge shot though, and doing a normal MDA doesn't use it up.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
The Viridi Palm and Viper Blade are the most fun to use, but my best weapon is the Brawler Claws. I have some that can wreck massively in multiplayer.

However, my favorite weapon is one that's not great but I love the concept of it- the Centurion Orbitars. Come on, Centurions flying around Pit shooting arrows instead of having him do any work- what's not to love?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The Viridi Palm and Viper Blade are the most fun to use, but my best weapon is the Brawler Claws. I have some that can wreck massively in multiplayer.

However, my favorite weapon is one that's not great but I love the concept of it- the Centurion Orbitars. Come on, Centurions flying around Pit shooting arrows instead of having him do any work- what's not to love?
Centurions are known for one thing: Power. A properly made pair of Orbitars can OHKO if both shots hit at least 30m away, if I remember correctly. And the BDCS does insane damage, but it's not practical for longer distances. Still, incredibly useful if you land a solid hit on the Angel.

Centurions aren't the best weapon, but still fairly usable I'd say.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Centurions are known for one thing: Power. A properly made pair of Orbitars can OHKO if both shots hit at least 30m away, if I remember correctly. And the BDCS does insane damage, but it's not practical for longer distances. Still, incredibly useful if you land a solid hit on the Angel.

Centurions aren't the best weapon, but still fairly usable I'd say.
Ooh, I'll have to try this out. I had an old pair that had Poison +4 so that was fun, but I like your idea better.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
I am a fan of the bows, which makes sense since my favorite weapons are the Angel Bow and the Silver Bow.

The homing on the Angel Bow is ridiculous with a Homing +3, and with the slip shot power, hardly anyone can see it coming or react.

The Silver Bow works well with its slow shots and adequate homing, applying pressure and canceling shots (especially with its large dash charged shots). Not only that, it does more damage close range, and that works rather well with the way the shots move.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I am a fan of the bows, which makes sense since my favorite weapons are the Angel Bow and the Silver Bow.

The homing on the Angel Bow is ridiculous with a Homing +3, and with the slip shot power, hardly anyone can see it coming or react.

The Silver Bow works well with its slow shots and adequate homing, applying pressure and canceling shots (especially with its large dash charged shots). Not only that, it does more damage close range, and that works rather well with the way the shots move.
Ever try a good Aurum Bow? High homing, fast charge, excellent cont. fire, and great charge shots that can OHKO at the end of it's range with the right mods. You can even aim a good ways away from your opponent to have it home in and travel farther, dealing more damage in the process.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Whilst playing the game on level 9.0 intensity, I found two REALLY good weapons. Level 9.0 may be brutal, but boy can you find some good stuff! I must say, I used to be absolutely terrified of level 9.0 difficulty, but now that I've gotten used to it and polished mine skills, I can't go under anymore. Anyhow, these are the two weapons I found:

Scorpio Staff

Ranged: 6 full stars
Melee: No stars whatsoever.

Overall Defense +3
Shaking +3
Walking Speed +1
Side-dash ch. shot +1
Side-dash cont. fire +2
In-peril attack boost +1

Compact Arm

Overall defense +2
Knockback defense +3
Shaking +2
Speed +2
Evasion +3
In-peril attack boost -2

I am REALLY liking the Scorpio Staff. Though it is not as powerful or long-ranged as mine Dark Pit Staff, it does have its benefits. I think I'll add it to mine main arsenal, along with the Compact Arm, which I have found useful for close-range encounters. Ironically, Scorpio happens to be mine Zodiac sign.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Whilst playing the game on level 9.0 intensity, I found two REALLY good weapons. Level 9.0 may be brutal, but boy can you find some good stuff! I must say, I used to be absolutely terrified of level 9.0 difficulty, but not that I've gotten used to it and polished mine skills, I can't go under anymore. Anyhow, these are the two weapons I found:

Scorpio Staff

Overall Defense +3
Shaking +3
Walking Speed +1
Side-dash ch. shot +1
Side-dash cont. fire +2
In-peril attack boost +1

Compact Arm

Overall defense +2
Knockback defense +3
Shaking +2
Speed +2
Evasion +3
In-peril attack boost -2

I am REALLY liking the Scorpio Staff. Though it is not as powerful or long-ranged as mine Dark Pit Staff, it does have its benefits. I think I'll add it to mine main arsenal, along with the Compact Arm, which I have found useful for close-range encounters. Ironically, Scorpio happens to be mine Zodiac sign.
Hm, I can't remember if a proper Scorpio or DP Staff is better, but I'm leaning to Scorpio because of the speed. Either way, DCS+4 is a must.

Altais

Smash Champion
Off-topic: Well, I just got chowed down on by a Tempura Wizard for the very first time. I have been turned into a tempura before, but since I am always sniping from afar, the wizard never had the chance to catch me. But this time, I let the glutton get too close, and since your running speed is considerably reduced when Tempurised, it was like trying to run from a car. Woe is me!

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Off-topic: Well, I just got chowed down on by a Tempura Wizard for the very first time. I have been turned into a tempura before, but since I am always sniping from afar, the wizard never had the chance to catch me. But this time, I let the glutton get too close, and since your running speed is considerably reduced when Tempurised, it was like trying to run from a car. Woe is me!

Mh Eggplantwizard or Tempurawirzard should be an assist trophy. ^^

Altais

Smash Champion
I just got mine hands on the Orb Staff and Aurum Bow for the very first time and absolutely love them! If I have the time, I might try to make some of them in Weapon Fuse.

Also, I found ANOTHER six-star Compact Arm, which I like even more than the last. These are its stats:

Overall Defence +4
Poison +1
Evasion +2
Dash Ch. Shot +2
In-peril autododge +2
Heart Bonus -1 (Drat!)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
First Blade - Simple and nostalgic

Ball Cannon - YARRRRGH!

Raptor Claws - Super-quick and deadly

Flintlock Staff - It's literally a gun

Phosphora Bow - Electric properties and it looks great!

Upperdash Arm - My new favourite weapon in Smash 4!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
By category:

Blades:
Favorite: Optical Blade. It's quick, moderately powerful, has good dash shots and it just looks awesome.
Secondary: Samurai Blade. It's a katana, what else needs saying?
Third: Crusader Blade. A tad slow, but can really put the hurt on someone.

Staves:
Favorite: Laser Staff. It's a laser rifle, and laser rifles are awesome.
Secondary: Scorpio Staff. A little on the short-range side, but has good stats all around.

Claws:
Favorite: Beam Claws. See Optical Blade.
Secondary: Wolf Claws. Get in close and light people on FIRE!
Third: Cancer Claws. A bit short-ranged, but hits quite hard.

Bows:
Favorite: Crystal Bow. Short-ranged, but its charge shots crash through EVERYTHING. Hits hard up close, too.
Secondary: Sagittarius Bow. Good all around, and its shots pierce.
Third: Phosphora Bow. A little weak, but that charge shot rarely misses.

Palms:
Favorite: Ninja Palm. Fast shots, and lethal up close.
Secondary: Burning Palm. See Wolf Claws.

Cannons:
Favorite: Rail Cannon. A cannon that can snipe? YES.
Secondary: Ball Cannon. Drop a heavy iron cannonball on someone's head. Effective trap weapon.

Clubs. Not really a type I use often, but...
Favorite: Babel Club. Sandstorms. Enough said.
Secondary: Skyscraper Club. Launch buildings? That works.

Orbitars:
Favorite: Boom Orbitars. Hard to use, but that moment when you hit something...
Secondary: Guardian Orbitars. Gigantic shields. That is all.
Third: Gemini Orbitars. Its charge shots are surprisingly effective. Scratch that. I completely forgot about the Aurum Orbitars and their insta-hit lasers.

Arms:
Favorite: Taurus Arm. You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Last edited:

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
Here are my favorite weapons that I primarily use:

Those Hedgehog Claws are my main weapon in solo mode, you'll notice that I chose negative defense modifiers for my weapons, it makes fusing a tad more manageable. Since full health boosts provide a bonus to movement speed, it's amazing when coupled with the additional +4 speed modifier. I almost never need to dodge when using them. I use energy charge with it, so not getting hit is my biggest priority, especially with that negative defense. Not getting hit is the biggest defense of all. I also use them when 1v1'ing someone. I equip myself with lightweight, auto-reticle, and energy charge. I carry a reflect barrier to set up with it. It's like having a mosquito horde on your opponent...with just...one mosquito...heh..your opponent won't be able to run away, since he'll just be locked on evading due to the continuous fire. You'll be walking so fast that it's near impossible for your opponent to get a clear shot. It's amazing in air battles as well, really makes 9.0 intensity seem like a joke. The heart bonus doesn't hurt either, gotta keep those offerings coming.

I think the Silver Bow explains itself, as well as the other two weapons. All in all, I despise being touched at the slightest and do a good job at preventing just that.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Question:

Which modifications do you want in your weapons?

I think to dodge 2+ would be nice. ^^
Or stronger melee attack 2+

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Here are my favorite weapons that I primarily use:

Those Hedgehog Claws are my main weapon in solo mode, you'll notice that I chose negative defense modifiers for my weapons, it makes fusing a tad more manageable. Since full health boosts provide a bonus to movement speed, it's amazing when coupled with the additional +4 speed modifier. I almost never need to dodge when using them. I use energy charge with it, so not getting hit is my biggest priority, especially with that negative defense. Not getting hit is the biggest defense of all. I also use them when 1v1'ing someone. I equip myself with lightweight, auto-reticle, and energy charge. I carry a reflect barrier to set up with it. It's like having a mosquito horde on your opponent...with just...one mosquito...heh..your opponent won't be able to run away, since he'll just be locked on evading due to the continuous fire. You'll be walking so fast that it's near impossible for your opponent to get a clear shot. It's amazing in air battles as well, really makes 9.0 intensity seem like a joke. The heart bonus doesn't hurt either, gotta keep those offerings coming.

I think the Silver Bow explains itself, as well as the other two weapons. All in all, I despise being touched at the slightest and do a good job at preventing just that.
That's some nice stuff there. Those Hedgehogs... You're bolder then me, that's for sure. Only thing I could really complain about is the SR+3 on the DP staff, since the SR+3 stretches out the damage, so to speak.

Oh, and you can get clearer screenshots by posting to Miiverse and saving them to your computer, if you're interested.

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
That's some nice stuff there. Those Hedgehogs... You're bolder then me, that's for sure. Only thing I could really complain about is the SR+3 on the DP staff, since the SR+3 stretches out the damage, so to speak.

Oh, and you can get clearer screenshots by posting to Miiverse and saving them to your computer, if you're interested.
Thank you very much for the Miiverse tip, it definitely makes it easier. Also, you're right about the damage output on the DP Staff. It's basically mandatory for me to be far away to make it effective, forcing me to be adopted by a playstyle rather than me adopting a playstyle. I have a whole collection of weapons, they all have negative defense as well. You get used to it after a while. The only upside I can think of is that due to my high mortality rate, I require powers with low numbers of uses, coupled with my high value, I will obligatorily get them back. This is a double edged sword, as I'm vulnerable to being a point bank for my opponent. I love the competitive side of this game. :)

Question:

Which modifications do you want in your weapons?

I think to dodge 2+ would be nice. ^^
Or stronger melee attack 2+
I rarely go at it up close, so more evasion for me!

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Thank you very much for the Miiverse tip, it definitely makes it easier. Also, you're right about the damage output on the DP Staff. It's basically mandatory for me to be far away to make it effective, forcing me to be adopted by a playstyle rather than me adopting a playstyle. I have a whole collection of weapons, they all have negative defense as well. You get used to it after a while. The only upside I can think of is that due to my high mortality rate, I require powers with low numbers of uses, coupled with my high value, I will obligatorily get them back. This is a double edged sword, as I'm vulnerable to being a point bank for my opponent. I love the competitive side of this game. :)
Speaking of Miiverse again, KIU clans are still a thing. People meet up through MV and Chatzy for wars, but it's usually just fighting for the fun of it. You don't even need to be an actual clan member to play most of the time. Your weapons would hold up pretty well against what's going around nowadays, too.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Personally, Bow's are my favorite thing to use in general. I also like to use orbitars in the single player cause they look cool, and claws because I like to go fast.

This is the bow I default to when I ever do go online though. I like it cause has a decent amount of power and a nice homing arc which lets me fire around obstacles. It's definitely not the best weapon but weapon fusion hates me and won't give me anything better and I don't the patience to try to get my ideal weapon out fusing.

If the lag's really bad though I default to a Phosphora Bow just so I can hit things >.<

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
There's a button on miiverse when you're making a post which lets you add a screenshot of one of your 3DS/Wii U screens. Add a picture through that and then just post to miiverse.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Why didn't I see this thread earlier .___.

I have a Skyscraper Club I REALLY like using. It has some kind of charge shot bonus (I forget which) and can generally 1 or 2 hit KO. It has a really high value though, so I have to take care not to die in LvD, but I feel like the destruction it causes is worth it. Aside from that, I've got a Silver Bow I enjoy using, a decent pair of Cancer Claws, some recently fused Raptor Claws, Gemini Orbitars, and a Viper Blade. Sometimes I use a Sonic Cannon for fun. I should probably get some screenshots of these so you guys can see their details xD;

In terms of what I don't like...definitely staffs. I have trouble aiming them and I'm not a huge fan of their poorer melee qualities. Not a big Cannon or Orbitar user either. My least favorite weapon of all time is probably the Ancient Staff.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Why didn't I see this thread earlier .___.

I have a Skyscraper Club I REALLY like using. It has some kind of charge shot bonus (I forget which) and can generally 1 or 2 hit KO. It has a really high value though, so I have to take care not to die in LvD, but I feel like the destruction it causes is worth it. Aside from that, I've got a Silver Bow I enjoy using, a decent pair of Cancer Claws, some recently fused Raptor Claws, Gemini Orbitars, and a Viper Blade. Sometimes I use a Sonic Cannon for fun. I should probably get some screenshots of these so you guys can see their details xD;

In terms of what I don't like...definitely staffs. I have trouble aiming them and I'm not a huge fan of their poorer melee qualities. Not a big Cannon or Orbitar user either. My least favorite weapon of all time is probably the Ancient Staff.
You might be able to post screenshots in the Japanese community. You see, there was this AR card camera glitch... Actually, I think you can guess what happened.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Ok, booted up my game to get the exact stats on these babies. There's a ton, so spoiler tag.

Gemini Orbitars
6 Ranged
3.5 Melee
308 Value (yikes)
Overall defense +2
Burning +3
Shot homing +1

Raptor Claws (definitely not the best, but hopefully at least ok)
4.5 Ranged
4 Melee
301 Value (another yikes)
Overall defense +1
Speed +4
Melee dash attack +4 (which was my primary reason for fusing these)

Cancer Claws
3 Ranged
6 Melee
296 Value
Speed +2
Stamina +2
Standing cont. fire +3
In-peril attack boost +3 (this is ridiculous with trade-off)

Viper Blade
3.5 Ranged
4 Melee
305 Value (I have too many high value weapons, oops)
Overall defense +1
Evasion +1
Melee combo +4
Melee dash attack +3
Knockback recovery +1
Heart bonus +1

Ogre Club
1 Ranged
5 Melee
300 Value
Health +5
Shaking +4
Stamina +3
Melee dash attack +3

Silver Bow
4.5 Ranged
1 Melee
289 Value
Paralysis +1 (wish I could get rid of this)
Standing ch. shot +4
Side-dash ch. shot +1
Power attack +1 (another one I'd get rid of...)
Knockback recovert +1

Sonic Cannon (fun when paired with Black Hole)
4.5 Ranged
2 Melee
298 Value
Overall defense +3
Paralysis+2
Shot range +1
Shot homing +2
Running speed +4
Dash cont. fire -2

Beam Claws
5.5 Ranged
0 Melee
257 Value
Shot range +3 (The sniping you can do with this thing...)
Walking speed +1
Melee dash attack +1
In-peril attack boost +1

And my pride and joy:
Skyscraper Club
6 Ranged
0 Melee
257 Value (huh, actually much lower than I thought)
Poison +1
Runing speed +1
Forward dash ch. shot +3 (this one's the killer)
In-peril attack boost +1

I've also got a nice +8 overall defense Palutena Blade I use for solo.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ok, booted up my game to get the exact stats on these babies. There's a ton, so spoiler tag.

Gemini Orbitars
6 Ranged
3.5 Melee
308 Value (yikes)
Overall defense +2
Burning +3
Shot homing +1

Raptor Claws (definitely not the best, but hopefully at least ok)
4.5 Ranged
4 Melee
301 Value (another yikes)
Overall defense +1
Speed +4
Melee dash attack +4 (which was my primary reason for fusing these)

Cancer Claws
3 Ranged
6 Melee
296 Value
Speed +2
Stamina +2
Standing cont. fire +3
In-peril attack boost +3 (this is ridiculous with trade-off)

Viper Blade
3.5 Ranged
4 Melee
305 Value (I have too many high value weapons, oops)
Overall defense +1
Evasion +1
Melee combo +4
Melee dash attack +3
Knockback recovery +1
Heart bonus +1

Ogre Club
1 Ranged
5 Melee
300 Value
Health +5
Shaking +4
Stamina +3
Melee dash attack +3

Silver Bow
4.5 Ranged
1 Melee
289 Value
Paralysis +1 (wish I could get rid of this)
Standing ch. shot +4
Side-dash ch. shot +1
Power attack +1 (another one I'd get rid of...)
Knockback recovert +1

Sonic Cannon (fun when paired with Black Hole)
4.5 Ranged
2 Melee
298 Value
Overall defense +3
Paralysis+2
Shot range +1
Shot homing +2
Running speed +4
Dash cont. fire -2

Beam Claws
5.5 Ranged
0 Melee
257 Value
Shot range +3 (The sniping you can do with this thing...)
Walking speed +1
Melee dash attack +1
In-peril attack boost +1

And my pride and joy:
Skyscraper Club
6 Ranged
0 Melee
257 Value (huh, actually much lower than I thought)
Poison +1
Runing speed +1
Forward dash ch. shot +3 (this one's the killer)
In-peril attack boost +1

I've also got a nice +8 overall defense Palutena Blade I use for solo.
How much of this did you fuse?

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
How much of this did you fuse?
I know for sure that I fused the Raptor Claws and Skyscraper Club. I'm fairly sure that I fused the Gemini Orbitars, Ogre Club, and Beam Claws. Cancer Claws I think I fused from gems I got. The others I'm not sure of. I might have gotten the Viper Blade and Silver Bow from other sources, probably from the shop since I didn't convert many gems at all. It's been too long for me to remember all this exactly .3.;

Oh, and the Palutena Blade was from a gem.

All this is making me want to play againnnn.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I know for sure that I fused the Raptor Claws and Skyscraper Club. I'm fairly sure that I fused the Gemini Orbitars, Ogre Club, and Beam Claws. Cancer Claws I think I fused from gems I got. The others I'm not sure of. I might have gotten the Viper Blade and Silver Bow from other sources, probably from the shop since I didn't convert many gems at all. It's been too long for me to remember all this exactly .3.;

Oh, and the Palutena Blade was from a gem.

All this is making me want to play againnnn.
Yeah, KIU kinda has that effect on people. I want to play, but I know I'll get stuck in some fusion project that'll take me a month. Blarg, must resist.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I really enjoyed the Cursed Palm. I accidently fused it and was the reason I sold the game. I regret selling it I really wanna play it again now.

Beethro

Smash Cadet
NNID
dernCereal
3DS FC
2621-3736-4780
of the weapons i have, my capricorn club is definitely my best, i won the pax prime kiu tournament with it! 19/6 in a free for all (not enough people slowed up to have a light vs dark loool) i got my highest free for all score ever of 5001 points :D
im pretty fond of my doom cannon haha
brawlers claws are always a fun time of course
as for weapons that im trying to forge an ideal version of include viridi palm, bullet blade (those 2 are top priority), aurum blade, predator cannon, and sagittarius bow.
and then some would-be-nice-to-haves, phosphora bow, upperdash arm, taurus arm, and cancer claws
pit/pittoo are my mains specifically to represent how much i love this game lol

you guys should teach me how to turn my 2.5ranged shot range +3 shot homing +3 standing cont fire +4 great reaper palm into a 6 ranged viridi palm with all that and walking speed + 4 :') ive been stuck for months lol and idk where to go from here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom