• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favourite weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Greetings,

The title says all; what is your favourite weapon in Kid Icarus: Uprising?

As for me, mine two favourite weapons are the Hawkeye Bow and the Needle Palm.

Originally, mine main weapon was the Optical Blade. As I progressed through the game, I eventually obtained and adopted the Meteor Bow, which I used for pretty much the rest of the game. When I first saw the Hawkeye Bow, I instinctively knew it was going to be mine favourite. Immediately after completing the story mode, I saw a powered-up version of the Hawkeye Bow in the Arms Altar shop and purchased it without a second thought. I have been using the Hawkeye Bow ever since, both in one-player and online multiplayer.

One day, I decided to adopt a secondary weapon, and started experimenting with all the weapons. I was not too crazy about clubs, claws, arms, or cannons, as they are either slow, heavy, or require you to get up close and personal. I tried Orbitars, but did not really like any of them, as they generally had slow shots. I tried staffs, but they just were not for me. I considered making the Optical Blade mine secondary weapon, but wanted something with more homing ability. So that left Palms. After experimenting with those, I quickly gained an affinity for the Needle Palm; it was fast, precise, powerful, and had a fairly long range. After hours of fusing weapons, I eventually created a Needle Palm with plenty of attributes that suited mine play style.

But anyhow, that is mine story. What weapons do you lot fancy?

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Hey: My top ten weapons are:

Palutena Bow
Guardian Orbitars
Upperdash arm

The reason is, you can use these weapons in Kid Icarus Uprising AND Super Smash Bros 4 and I like the designs and the attacks / projectiles. ^^

And the next are:

Babel club
First blade
Compact arm
Divine Bow
Virgo Hand
Aurum Orbitars
Laserstaff

Oh and I hope in SSB4, Pit will be able to put up the shields of the guardian orbitars like his mirrorshield. ^^

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My top Weapons are (in no order):

End-All Arm
Crusader Blade
Samurai Blade
Aurum Blade
Guardian Orbitars
Laser Staff
Needle Palm

I love the End-All Arm (A a few other arms that didn't make it on here) Because of the Speed of the weapon. Hit hard, hit close, hit fast.

The Blades are just great all-rounders, just like they mean to be.

The Guardian Orbitars' shield is a fav, It's also useful for racking up damage over a large area.

The Palm is for homing damage, and the staff for sniping with a HUGE charge. Auto Target + Quick Charge = Kills.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Palutena Balade
Pandora Claws
Twinbellows Cannon

I used the Pandora Claws for ages until I developed a good Palutena Blade.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Maybe not the best place to make a first post on a Smash forum, but I wanted to chime in, and we all gotta start somewhere.

My favorite weapons (one from each class):

Blade:
Crusader Blade

Staff:
Rose Staff

Claws:
Beam Claws

Bow:
Phosphora Bow

Palm:
Viridi Palm

Club:
Magnus Club

Cannon:
Dynamo Cannon

Orbitars:
Jetstream Orbitars

Arm:
Upperdash Arm

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Heres my favorite weapons..

Blade:
Samurai Blade

Staff:
Laser Staff

Claws:
Brawler Claws

Bow:
Sagittarius Bow

Palm:
Needle Palm

Club:
Black Club

Cannon:
Ball Cannon

Orbitars:
Centurion Orbitars (Overdamnedpowed)

Arm:
Upperdash Arm

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Claws: Hedgehog Claws
Blade: Crusader Blade
Staff: LASER STAFF. SO MUCH SNIPAGE.
Palm: Ninja Palm
Bow: Angel Bow
Orbitars: Jetstream Orbitars
Cannon: Fireworks Cannon
Arm: I don't really like the Arms, but I'd have to say Electroshock Arm.
Club: EARTHMAUL CLUB. SON OF A GUMCHEWING FUNK MONSTER THE EARTHMAUL CLUB.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can't go wrong with an Angel Bow with Petrification!

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
So the general consensus is that the Laser Staff is the best staff.
Which I'd say is correct.
Enemies don't react to its repeated fire? Check.
Longest range of all the staffs and second longest of any weapon in the game? Check.
Wicked cool design? Check.
And it combines so well with all the other powers.
You can shoot it from behind the Reflect Barrier for protected sniping.
You can Play Dead or use Transparency to snipe while invisible.
You can use Slip Shot to snipe through walls.
Or Invisible Shots to make your shots invisible.
And if you combine Invisible Shots with Transparency, it just wreck. You are invisible. Your shots, are potent. And also invisible.
It's just. That. Good.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
We should battle/ fight in Kid Icarus Uprising xDD ^^

Do you agree? ^^

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We should battle/ fight in Kid Icarus Uprising xDD ^^

Do you agree? ^^
I would love that. I'd love to show off my skills (or perhaps lack thereof) with the Phosphora Bow.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Well If you two want to give me your friend codes, I'll gladly take you on.
My Laser Staff and Earthmaul Club will blast forth!

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Okay I open a new thread. Everybody will see that and maybe we will have some challengers. ^^

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Oh .. =/ I think it was deleted by a presenter =/

I'm sorry.

Nintendo 3DS code 5026 – 4651 – 4206

Super Smash Bros Brawl Code: 2794-6736-2248

I hope I can connect my Nintendo 3DS to the internet, if we fight... my internet router does have some mistakes with W-LAN. But the LAN connection works ( that means my Nintendo Wii can connect to Nintendo Wifi Connection )

I hope this problem will be solved. =/

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
My absolute favorite are the Viridi claws.

My favorite weapon time is the claws for their added speed effect.

Viridi claws are both powerful AND can paralyze foes.

Laslty they are based off my favorite goddess Viridi. <3

However, there are some other weapons I do love like the Aurum series and the cancer claw.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Raptor Claws FTW!

Speaking of which, I haven't play KI:U in a long time, is the online still thriving?

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
With pleasure. Do you have Skype? Because I'm often online in Skype. ^^

Commander

Smash Ace
Blades: Samurai Blade-Strong Melee and good projectiles. It is really fun getting into melee fights with claw users, they always mash through their five hit combo while I only clash twice then skid behind them and kill them with one three hit combo. I always place first when I use it.

Clubs: Magnus Blade- It is like the Samurai Blade for me but I prefer the Samurai Blade for its speed.

Canons: Twin Bellows Canon- Unlike other canons, the twinbellows canon only shoots explosives for charge shots and its explosions are immediate and large with fire damage and effects. When uncharged, it has the fastest fire rate of any weapon in the game and it continue to have fire effects. To top it all off it also has great melee power that also has fire.

Staffs: I don't actually like staffs and never use them but the one time I was force to use the ancient staff, I was an angle in light vs dark, I had a blast. Unlike other staffs the ancient staff cannot snipe people. Instead its charge shot just releases a gigantic orb a few feet from you that just does massive damage. The way I used it was by getting the enemy's attention, easy as an angle, and getting them to chase me into a tight corridor and then trick them into running right into the charge shot.

Claws: Pandora Claws. They have good power and their backwards charge shot works like the Ancient Staff so I like it.

Bows: Phosphora Bow. I had one with a lot of stat effects and good damage so it was fun to use.

I never used palms, arms, or orbitars. None of them were any fun.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
After nearly a year of not playing the game, I recently got back into Kid Icarus: Uprising. I must say, now that I know mine way around the game, and now that I have actually taken the time to explore the various power-up abilities, it has been much easier for me to develop mine own unique playstyle.

As of now, mine two favourite weapons are the Hawkeye Bow and the Dark Pit Staff. Even though the Dark Pit Staff doesn't go as far as the Laser Staff, I like it better because (1) It has a shorter charging time and (2) Its shots are more powerful the further away you are from your target. Though, once in a while I will use either mine Needle Palm or Aurum Blade, both of which were specially forged via Weapon Fuse. I just prefer to snipe from afar rather than getting up close and personal.

This is mine current arsenal:

[collapse="Hawkeye Bow"]Ranged: 5.5 stars
Melee: 1.5 stars

Overall defense +3
Poison +2
Shot Range +3
Walking Speed +1
Melee Combo +1[/collapse]

[collapse="Dark Pit Staff"]Ranged: 5.5 stars
Melee: 0 stars

Shot homing +1
Walking Speed +1
Evasion +1
Backward-dash ch. shot +4
Dash cont. fire +1[/collapse]

[collapse="Needle Palm"]Ranged: 4.5 stars
Melee: 4.5 stars

Melee defence +1
Paralysis +1
Stamina +3
Forward-dash cont. fire +1
Full-health boost +2[/collapse]

[collapse="Aurum Blade"]Ranged: 5 stars
Melee: 4.5 stars

Burning +2
Running Speed +4
Standing cont. fire +1
Heart bonus +1
Shot defence -2[/collapse]

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Might as well post a few of mine. Let's see if I remembered right...

Artillery Claws
4R
OD+5
SCF+4
HB+3

My best solo weapon, and it's not too horrible in multiplayer either. No negative mod because I was trying to get SH-3 on it. Which is impossible. Wish I knew that about a week earlier...

Brawler Claws/Samurai Blade(glitched)
.5R
6M
RS+4
MC+4
MDA+4
SH-3

A great weapon, but that stinking half star was alot of trouble to deal with when fusing. Brawlers barely OHKO'd but can't be catched, while Samurai could cut through players with either SA or OD/HP+2. Why the half star you ask? I've gotten well over 3000 weapons but still no MC+4 on a weapon with no Melee.

Guardian Orbitars
6R
FRZ+4
SR+3

Simple, and obviously incomplete, but highly effective. GOs' BDCF reaches incredibly far with SR+3, and that combined with the fact that you can freeze players using TO, it's basically the ultimate TO/MC noob killer. Bonus points if they're the ones who glitch SR+3 onto it.

Then there's my Lancer Staff, my pride and joy. OHKO's at 300m or closer. OHKO's AA users if I'm close enough. HP+3 prevents most OHKO's from happening. This thing throws a monkey-wrench in so many plans, it's not funny. Eyetracks? Spam FDCS. Melee? Spam FDCS. Snipers? Snipe back. Angel? 2HKO him and watch him go crying to mummy. Basically the only thing it couldn't handle well are those SCF Compact Arms spamming BB, but that's what good teammates are for.

Oh yeah, I can glitch this onto pretty much anything and it'll still work. Skyscraper, Guardians, Laser, really anything with good DCS. And I glitch it onto a Magnus for the lulz every once in a while.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Dark Pit Staff and Hedgehog Claws for me <: Bows are really fun to use too

I just recently got the game, haven't even finished the story yet haha :upsidedown:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Angel Bow, Compact Arm, Centurion Orbitars, Viridi Palm, Dark Pit Staff and Capricorn Club are my favorite weapons in KI:U.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Might as well post a few of mine. Let's see if I remembered right...

Artillery Claws
4R
OD+5
SCF+4
HB+3

My best solo weapon, and it's not too horrible in multiplayer either. No negative mod because I was trying to get SH-3 on it. Which is impossible. Wish I knew that about a week earlier...

Brawler Claws/Samurai Blade(glitched)
.5R
6M
RS+4
MC+4
MDA+4
SH-3

A great weapon, but that stinking half star was alot of trouble to deal with when fusing. Brawlers barely OHKO'd but can't be catched, while Samurai could cut through players with either SA or OD/HP+2. Why the half star you ask? I've gotten well over 3000 weapons but still no MC+4 on a weapon with no Melee.

Guardian Orbitars
6R
FRZ+4
SR+3

Simple, and obviously incomplete, but highly effective. GOs' BDCF reaches incredibly far with SR+3, and that combined with the fact that you can freeze players using TO, it's basically the ultimate TO/MC noob killer. Bonus points if they're the ones who glitch SR+3 onto it.

Then there's my Lancer Staff, my pride and joy. OHKO's at 300m or closer. OHKO's AA users if I'm close enough. HP+3 prevents most OHKO's from happening. This thing throws a monkey-wrench in so many plans, it's not funny. Eyetracks? Spam FDCS. Melee? Spam FDCS. Snipers? Snipe back. Angel? 2HKO him and watch him go crying to mummy. Basically the only thing it couldn't handle well are those SCF Compact Arms spamming BB, but that's what good teammates are for.

Oh yeah, I can glitch this onto pretty much anything and it'll still work. Skyscraper, Guardians, Laser, really anything with good DCS. And I glitch it onto a Magnus for the lulz every once in a while.
Decided to dig out KIU again, and I got most of this right. ...Except for the 300m bit. I ment to say it does 300 at point blank and OHKOs at 90m.
Anyway, I whipped up this:

235 Tuarus Arm
RS +4
MC+3
MDA +4
SH -3

330 damage with a melee combo or dash attack. This thing is perfect for going all Leroy Jenkins with AA and LW. Naturally, I can glitch it to a Samurai Blade, but I want the real deal so I can show it off properly.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Claws = best weapon. You got the incredible Stealth Claws, Beam Claws, Artillery Claws, Raptor Claws.....

And most importantly.....

WOLF CLAWS. You can't deny the awesome.

D

Deleted member

The Laser Staff is freaking amazing.
I love its shooting distance as I could use it to snipe some enemies. The Laser Staff that I use also helped me get through numerous Chapters on Intensity 9.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Probably the Hedgehog and Brawler Claws. The Palutena Bow is also a pretty good weapon.
Eh. The Palutena Bow was pretty much a letdown for me. It tries to be balanced, but anything remotely specialized beats it. And KIU's metagame having always been highly focused on specialization and OHKOs didn't help much either.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Eh. The Palutena Bow was pretty much a letdown for me. It tries to be balanced, but anything remotely specialized beats it. And KIU's metagame having always been highly focused on specialization and OHKOs didn't help much either.
Maybe I just got lucky with mine, I'm don't have much knowledge of the weapon stats in the game (aside from obvious ones), but I've won a couple of Light vs. Dark and Free For All matches with it, and I feel it packs a bit of a punch. I don't use it as much as the Hedgehog or Brawler Claws, I love those weapons.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Maybe I just got lucky with mine, I'm don't have much knowledge of the weapon stats in the game (aside from obvious ones), but I've won a couple of Light vs. Dark and Free For All matches with it, and I feel it packs a bit of a punch. I don't use it as much as the Hedgehog or Brawler Claws, I love those weapons.
Brawlers are great, though. KOs in one combo with the right mods, high Shot Cancelation in the Standing Cont. Fire, and it's the fastest weapon there is. It's basically perfect for dealing with Eyetracks, especially with Shot Cancelation + 1.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Agreed, killing someone with a dash-melee attack with the Brawler is probably one of the most satisfying things I've done in a game. That and the Upperdash Arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom