• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Is Your Favourite Type Of Move

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I sorta like command grabs and mind-game tools.
Yup, I really enjoy playing Dedede alright.

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
Definitely meteor smashes

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
for sure moves like jigglys rest, luigis upb, and hell id throw falcon punch in there too.

pretty much i love moves that can be hard to hit at times but sooooooo damn satisfying once it connects

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
For me it's any item projectiles (bomb, turnips, bonus fruit, etc). having the ability to control with ground with the z drop while covering the jump is powerful

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Multi hits and super armor moves. Makes me wonder as to why I dropped Pit since he has both of them :/

SpaghettiWeegee

Smash Apprentice
Command grabs. Robin's Nosferatu, Ganondorf's flame choke, Bowser's DAIBINGU PURESU-- all about those moves. I wish Smash had more dedicated grapplers. It would help offset the shield-heavy meta.

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
I like windbox moves such as Mr. Game & Watch's dtilt and up air. They're so fun to screw around with your opponent and ruin their recovery xD

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Attacks that have lingering hitboxes (like Link's uair and Jigs' nair), you can be so inventive with them.

FloriCA

Smash Rookie
:4villager:'s Dash Attack always puts a smile on my face.
:4lucas:'s Back Air is one of the most satisfying meteors I know.
:4kirby:'s Little Dance when holding :GCU: and moving :GCUL::GCUR:.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
:4villager:'s Dash Attack always puts a smile on my face.
:4kirby:'s Little Dance when holding :GCU: and moving :GCUL::GCUR:.
Agreed. ^^
I once danced with three other Kirby's in for fun. Good times.

Kirby's jab and dash attack are pretty fun too, people don't expect them to be so powerful/long lasting

Peach's aerials are fun to land, particulary fair and bair. Peach Bomber too.

And of course bowling ball and tree mindgames with Villager.

Let's see.. waiting a split second on Link's fsmash and tricking someone into a shield drop is fun haha.

Oh, and Pikachu's aerials are great. I'm pretty good with them, and they take a lot of people by surprise.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Multi hit moves are so satisfying to use. Also, meteor smashes. And command grabs (shame there are no proper grapplers in Smash).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Projectile moves. What can I say, I like zoners, and you can't really have a zoner without a good projectile.
Other than that, I really can't say I like any specific move types (Up-B, F-tilt, etc.) because obviously, characters have different moves. However, I do tend to like Down Specials, since they're usually the most unique special in a character's moveset.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Shield breaking moves are my favorite by far. It's so satisfying to see your opponent helpless, which allows you to fully charge your strongest move for the kill.

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
I rlly like it when: I roll behind someone and successfully down smash, when I meteor smash them when they are an inch away from the ledge, and landing that white pikmin on someone

Raijinken

Smash Master
Moves that should never hit. Including full-charge Shield Breaker/Eruption/Flare Blade, Falcon/Warlock Punch, PK Flash/Freeze, and Rest. Also most spikes.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Moves that are freakishly powerful for no reason, i.e. Doc's smash attacks, Falco's back air, Roy's everything, Luma's down air. Moves that leave you wide open but are absurdly powerful, i.e. Fire Jump Punch, Rest, Doc Punch.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Meteor smashes with Rosalina's being the most satisfying one ever since it's pretty hard to do.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Meteor smashes with Rosalina's being the most satisfying one ever since it's pretty hard to do.
I spiked someone with Rosalina's forward air. I felt like God. (Then again, Rosalina pretty much is God.)

Khao

Smash Lord
Marth's Dancing Blade is pretty much my favorite move not just in Smash, but in fighting game history. Even before I actually mained or even used him frequently, I always loved the way Dancing Blade worked. Just genius.

I even made an entire game of my own based on that thing when I was a kid. Never finished it, though, but still. If a single move inspired me to make a game, you'll probably know instantly that I like it.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Command grabs. Bowser's amazing body slam, Ganon's sick looking flame choke, and Mewtwo's useful confusion are some of my favorite moves in the game.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Shield Breakers, when they actually break a shield. It's the most satisfying thing to do in the game for me.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Forward tilts, preferably ones with multi hits like Mac's/MK's/Snake's/ Link's Fsmash

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Meteor Smashes. I do not use any characters without one. It is also one of the few reasons why I enjoy Smash.

Last edited:

RorioPizazzle

Smash Rookie
Not gonna lie I like Nairs that either move in a circle around the fighter or hit both sides. For some reason they're unexpected, and in some cases combo well with a short-hop advance

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Meteor Smashes because they feel so sweet when you land them!

Top Bottom