• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favourite Combo/Tactic with Doc?

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
Just bored and I find the Doc threads to be lacking....soo.. pretty self explanatory, read the title.

Honestly I don't even remember most of my combos it's usually all improvisation... obviously, but some that i tend to use alot/find effective are; Chaingrabs! this goes without saying... since my cg game isn't 100% up to par sometimes I'll follow-up with a SHFFLd U/B/N-air to another grab/dmash/usmash. the hardest part for me with Doc is learning to not ALWAYS be focusing on myself, I tend to be in awe of the constant sound effects and waveyness of Doc and end up WLing into a fair/nair trying to be all fancyfooted and just get smacked by Peach.

I like doing small things that mindgame the opponent such as WDing away from their attack to a Fmash. Or making a B-air wall to mess with peoples heads and end up doing a fair or a full hopped nair.

On another note, i think Doc has the best sound effects of a character, obviously he doesnt have the CF taunt but he makes alot of noise, mostly WaHa! and Yahoo!

odinNJ

Smash Lord
favorite tactic, wavedash off of ledge to kobe/sui.
favorite combo, kobe kobe kobe.
i like the kobe

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
favorite tactic, wavedash off of ledge to kobe/sui.
favorite combo, kobe kobe kobe.
i like the kobe
Random/Effective use of Kobe is bomb, I like to FH Kobe FF sometimes as a Wall of death method xD, I find I liked it alot more when I first started Doc, now I just try and use it randomly/as a finisher move or obviously if I have a guaranteed Kobe (like uthrow on floaties at 70+%)

odinNJ

Smash Lord
i love using the kobe at stupid times, i usually ledgehop reverse kobe people who are already dead if im ahead as the ultimate manly kill

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
i love using the kobe at stupid times, i usually ledgehop reverse kobe people who are already dead if im ahead as the ultimate manly kill
Indeed, when recovering rarely I'll do it but I love the raising backwards Kobe

VGmasta

Smash Lord
My favorite tactic is wavedash (out of shield)/wavelands.
My second favorite is using the cape (not just for edgegaurding)

I don't have a favorite combo. But I do like:
up-air -> d-smash/f-smash
b-air -> b-air edgegaurds
upsmash -> f-air

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
upsmash fair is pretty awesome.

my all-time favorite combo, which only works on fast fallers who arent ready for it, is
dash attach-> usmash-> fsmash

doc has awesome smash attacks <3

oats_

Smash Apprentice
My favorite aspect of doc is his cape game, and not even reflecting... I think its a super under utilized tool.

The reason I love doc so much is his amazing gimping ability, and you can do much with the cape to help out your edge guards. One of my favorite techniques is to jump off the ledge, and cape turnaround to put me into an edge guard situation where I can space my bairs.

Another thing is cape turnaround wave lands. Those never get old :)

Top Bottom