• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Is Your Favorite Moments On For Glory?

InfiniteThoronz

Smash Cadet
Mine is when you and the other person celebrate over a kill. Lets say I get a cool kill. I taunt and he taunts back, we share a mutual respect for that kill.

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Mine is when me and my opponent both keep coming back for rematches. It shows that both players are having a great time and a lot of fun, maybe even learn something new as well!

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
If the other player has earned my respect, then yes, I will do a friendly taunt (which is easy with Mario, his side taunt is him complimenting his opponent by taking his hat off) if they get a nice kill.
Then they either keep my respect if they do nothing or taunt back or lose it if they attack me.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Mine is when you and the other person celebrate over a kill. Lets say I get a cool kill. I taunt and he taunts back, we share a mutual respect for that kill.
I always taunt after someone takes a stock from me by preforming an amazing combo, read, etc.

I always enjoy those moments when you start a match with the taunts of friendship\the friendship crouch. Those matches typically lead to long stretches of matches one and another with the same person, which is rare because people typically leave after 1 match!

InfiniteThoronz

Smash Cadet
I always taunt after someone takes a stock from me by preforming an amazing combo, read, etc.

I always enjoy those moments when you start a match with the taunts of friendship\the friendship crouch. Those matches typically lead to long stretches of matches one and another with the same person, which is rare because people typically leave after 1 match!
I remember playing like 30 matches with a guy. All we did was play Ganon ditto and ganoncide each other.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
My favorite and overall best moments within For Glory is when I find extremely respectful opponents who I can enjoy going against.

We all know For Glory is often a roller coaster ride of emotions and salt, but it's always amazing to find those opponents who you can legitimately have a great time playing against. It's a bonus if they also happen to be one of the most respectful people you have ever met.

One of my most recent examples being in 2V2 For Glory when a friend and I were playing one day. These two guys came in and always started off with a Taunt Greeting no matter what. These guys were also pretty good as well but we always happened to pull through in the end. Eventually they began to use Pink and Green Alts of various characters and even set their tags as "Cosmo" & "Wanda" at one point.

Once that started, a few matches later my friend and I decided to make our tags "Anti-Fairies" and used Black Alts.

It was obvious they were having fun, so why not?

Eventually during our matches my friend had to use the restroom, but I refused to leave because these guys were very enjoyable opponents. I didn't really know what to do other than change his tag to "BRB" and hope for the best. Most people would of taken advantage of this and wouldn't care, but these guys actually waited. They didn't try to KO either of us as I was trying to control both so we wouldn't idle out and be forced to leave. They legitly waited around the whole match for my friend to come back. I was just... Shocked.

In the end we probably ended up playing +3 hours against these guys before they finally left. I even made sure to immediately send them a friend request right after that so I wouldn't forget. I'll never forget that day in For Glory. Those two deserve a lot of praise and respect.

That would probably be the absolute best moment I've ever had in For Glory yet, and probably the most fun I've had in it so far too.

Last edited:

InfiniteThoronz

Smash Cadet
My favorite and overall best moments within For Glory is when I find extremely respectful opponents who I can enjoy going against.

We all know For Glory is often a roller coaster ride of emotions and salt, but it's always amazing to find those opponents who you can legitimately have a great time playing against. It's a bonus if they also happen to be one of the most respectful people you have ever met.

One of my most recent examples being in 2V2 For Glory when a friend and I were playing one day. These two guys came in and always started off with a Taunt Greeting no matter what. These guys were also pretty good as well but we always happened to pull through in the end. Eventually they began to use Pink and Green Alts of various characters and even set their tags as "Cosmo" & "Wanda" at one point.

Once that started, a few matches later my friend and I decided to make our tags "Anti-Fairies" and used Black Alts.

Eventually during our matches my friend had to use the restroom, but I refused to leave because these guys were very enjoyable opponents. I didn't really know what to do other than change his tag to "BRB" and hope for the best. Most people would of taken advantage of this and wouldn't care, but these guys actually waited. They didn't try to KO either of us as I was trying to control both so we wouldn't idle out and be forced to leave. They legitly waited around the whole match for my friend to come back. I was just... Shocked.

In the end we probably ended up playing +3 hours against these guys before they finally left. I even made sure to immediately send them a friend request right after that so I wouldn't forget. I'll never forget that day in For Glory. Those two deserve a lot of praise and respect.

That would probably be the absolute best moment I've ever had in For Glory yet, and probably the most fun I've had in it so far too.
That was a great read XD.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519

That would earn my respect....immediately. Great read tho thanks for sharing.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Turning the game off and knowing that I will never run into these people again.
Savage.

---

My favorite thing is when im trying out a new character and win or something and they leave a 'mean' tag. Then i switch to Zelda or Sheik and **** on them 5 times as hard then leave. lol Sporting a tag of my own " :D "

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
When I get Screen KO'd on my last stock, but my adversary loses their last stock first.
This has happened twice already.

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
When I find a lil mac to beat up and maybe sandbag if I feel bad for them.

Passcety

Smash Rookie
whenever someone taunts at the beginning you're like "this is gonna be fun" everyone starts doing beginning taunts and being all nice and talking with the tags
on 1v1 there was a villager who i KO'd with starting hula hoops right on his balloon trips and then from there on out we'd play off the edge really fun, if someone was about to fall KO we'd hit them and keep going until someone got killed sideways or slammed off the angled part of the stage and died too fast to hit again
there was also on teams a pacman who'd always try to trampoline his teammate up if they weren't gonna make it, thought that was cute

Gerbs

Smash Rookie
When they get wrecked as their duo-Wario troll team and switch to something that's really lowest common denominator like Falcon, Ness, Villager, etc. adopt a super kitey/projectile based/defensive strategy and still manage to lose.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Anytime I beat cocky, arrogant players at their own game will always be the best moments for me.

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
tfw you're not good at the game but still land the offstage dair spike in lag

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Running into respectful players who are good but also know how to have a good time. Usually the type of people who friendly taunt at the start of a match or when either of us pull off a suicidal spike on each other and we both taunt after re- spawning.

It just reminds me that at the end of the day we play games for fun and it's not always about winning.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So remember when I said that beating cocky, arrogant people (the ones that taunt and teabag like idiots) is the best For Glory moments I've had?
Well, this was one of them.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
So remember when I said that beating cocky, arrogant people (the ones that taunt and teabag like idiots) is the best For Glory moments I've had?

Knowing some Ganondorfs, they typically enjoy doing that as bait so they can attempt to Ganoncide you. Not all Ganondorfs do it, but I have seen quite a few do the whole Tea-bag and Taunt right at the edge just for that sole purpose thinking we'll be stupid enough.

But he brought that upon himself when he taunted prematurely, and that was certainly satisfying to watch for sure.

It's almost as if he forgot about that Finishing Touch move, huh?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Knowing some Ganondorfs, they typically enjoy doing that as bait so they can attempt to Ganoncide you. Not all Ganondorfs do it, but I have seen quite a few do the whole Tea-bag and Taunt right at the edge just for that sole purpose thinking we'll be stupid enough.

But he brought that upon himself when he taunted prematurely, and that was certainly satisfying to watch for sure.

It's almost as if he forgot about that Finishing Touch move, huh?
It was satisfying indeed.

I was wondering about that myself.

DigiboyGaming

Smash Cadet
As a Bowser Main, I love taking down high-tier/OP characters. Then, when they think "Wait did Bowser get a new buff I better switch to him because obviously he's super-good". And then I completely wreck them because this is the first time they've played as a character who actually has end lag on moves.

Last edited:

LuigiSpeed7

Smash Rookie
I didn't get any on for glory.. but i triple footstooled into a spike on my friend as he was trying to recover.

It was great.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
Honestly, anytime I can get a sick KO set up, especially if it's one that I actually plan out and it actually works.

Like one match I back throw a Bowser while playing Ness, he survives the back throw but I manage to get the D-air spike on him. It was awesome.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Spiking easily with characters like Ike that I didnt expect to kick butt with..

Vexxan

Smash Rookie
NNID
VexxanVahydro
3DS FC
0130-2994-6492

Wow... That Dorf was really going for it wasn't they but nice finishing touch... That was a really nice touch! xD

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Friendship crouch?
Are you sure? xD

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
For me, it's most likely scoring a win against that type of player who is able to combo you into oblivion but starts to falter when you make a comeback.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be perfectly honest with you; you shouldnt have won that game. That ganon nailed you with uptilt, so of course he's going to rub it in your face. That move is incredibly telegraphed, and you jumped right into it.

You also threw out a lot of f-smashes for no reason (unsafe), never charged your limit (why do clouds do this), and just kind of stood around waiting for I dunno what when you won the neutral game and had him on the ledge (a max limit blade beam would've been fantastic there). Meanwhile, he was doing pivot grabs and making good reads.

For reasons unknown to me, he taunted as you fell onto him with the f-touch. I can only guess that he simply forgot about it. Had that not happened, I dont think you'd have won that match. He may simply have gotten overconfident because you werent presenting enough of a challenge.

I'm not saying this to put you down; I'm saying it because you need to be able to look at these matches and see why what happened, happened and put them in perspective.

"Ah, I see. He taunted and teabagged because I did a stupid."

Last edited:
Top Bottom