• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your button layout?

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
I'm consistently hanging around people who have played this game longer then I have, and usually regardless of the game they have their own personal button layout, they usually tell me that it's the way they feel they can access their characters tools as efficiently as possible, so i'm curious if anyone here has some type of set-up that they feel is particularly beneficial when playing Sonic on the Wii-u (3ds feels like trash now). I have my setup default except with tap jump off.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Rumble = Off
  • Duh.
Tap-Jump = Off
  • **** Tap-Jump. It only ever messes me up. I know some people like it for certain characters and strings but I'd rather input the jump myself by precisely hitting a button instead of losing my double jump because I was accidentally leaning my stick up... It also ****s up my aerials because sometimes I have the habit of holding up while jumping with Y and using c-stick, so I end up wasting a jump. Tap-Jump also makes things like Spinshot waaaay easier. Same with DACUS (when that existed). I just personally was only ever held back by Tap-Jump and the world opened up to me when it was gone. I only used Tap-Jump in Brawl when I played Ganon for autocanceled SH Dair (so easy to flick up on the stick and down on the c-stick).
Jump with Y, never X.
  • I use X for literally nothing, actually. I've always felt Y was more natural, especially for moving from button to c-stick flick.
Shield with L, never R.
  • Again, just my preference. I never use R, much like X, because I feel like it's just too much responsibility for one side of the controller and for one hand. Split up the chores.
C-Stick set to Tilt, not Smash.
  • I've been experimenting with this, but mostly only on Robin because of how their mechanics work. It's interesting to explore.
But yeah, that's about it. I actually have a lot of friends that do things like set X to grab or the R trigger to something else... Gets a little too crazy for me. I was raised on this game so I'm pretty traditional.

:093:

Top Bottom