• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is this board's opinion of "Goon Farming"?

Pwnguin2015

Smash Rookie
http://youtube.com/watch?v=31CfqAlpAfY

Yes, I know that in tournaments, this serves no purpose as they turn items off and not set them to none. However, I want to know how this board feels about it. Is it coincidence, or an actual technique/glitch. If it isn't just coincidence, this could open up things like button combinations to throw Smash Balls or any other item you want at any time. However, if it is just coincidence, than it serves no purpose what-so-ever.

Just looking for opinions.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Nothing big. Although one thing to remember is to actually turn the items themselves off and not just set the spawn rate to NONE. Because any item that was not turned off can still show up. I actually had a time in a tourney where I got a smash ball against a D3 player because of this. Needless to say we had to restart the match.

Pwnguin2015

Smash Rookie
K. I feel like a n00b. I should have realized it wasn't real but, my optimistic side got ahead of me, hoping that this could lead to some controls over Waddle Doos and Gordos.

And yes, I have known for who knows how long that you can't throw items when all items are turned off but you can throw them when they are on and set to none. I am not THAT much of a D3 n00b. However, I'm starting to question that due to some of the posts I've made...

I guess it was just the way I phrased it that made you think that I thought you could throw items when they are off and that was not the case. Just clearing that little detail up.

Top Bottom