• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the "Proper" Way to Play Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheClamFace

Smash Rookie
NNID
someperson
I've seen a lot people say and try to play Link as a zoner, but tbh I'm not sure if that's right. His fastest ground move is his jab at frame 6/7 and his fastest air move is his nair at frame 7, which when combined with his 7 frame jumpsquat means that's 14 frames to do a nair. So if his zone gets broken he doesn't have any "get off me" options against characters with faster moves and his poor speed can make it hard to retreat. In my opinion he should be played more aggressively to take advantage of his bomb setups and zair as to lower the chance of being cornered. Plus, he has a decent combo game and can be played well at midrange due to his range and projectile game. What do you think? It'd be nice to hear others' opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom