• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the dumbest thing you have tried to do as Falcon?

Kathuzada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kathuzada
I was messing around the other day in training, I was trying to do D Throw > U Air > Single Hit Nair > Re Grab (btw if this is doable can someone let me know, I was like half able to do it, need to test on a real person). I decided I wanted to do D Throw > Raptor Boost spike. I then took my efforts into an actual match and dropped both my stocks that way. Probably the dumbest thing I have tried to do as Falcon.

What is yours?

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Trying to stomp someone offstage and instead stomping the bottom blastzone. D:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Sometimes I dream that I'm ganondorf and go for Down B in the air.
Instead of getting beautiful spikes or actual knockback I get a pathetic attack with 5 years of endlag.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Apparently, Raptor Boost hits are hard to come by offstage.

...Many Captains have fallen that way.

Blaze The Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0044-2966-3509
Using the knee as a getup attack. It actually works out sometimes in friendlies.

Fasterthansoup

Smash Rookie
NNID
fasterthansoup
camp ledge with falcon dive, actually worked once, but u have to land so many techs and read when they shield and when they're going in. Plus u can just get edgeguarded by moves with better hitboxes than dive. the input is also kind of nerve racking cause u have to hold down so u don't grab the edge, so if u miss input u pretty much die.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
Reverse Falcon Punch offstage to edge guard Kirby. I would have died if he didn't airdodge right into it. He got punched from offstage left to offscreen right.

Lag turning your reverse Falcon punches near the ledge into raptor boosts off stage.

Trying to Falcon dive string someone offstage.

Once I for some reason tried to kill someone offstage with aerial Falcon kick. It didn't work...

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Going extremely deep for a sweetspot knee is one of the dumbest things I've ever done as Falcon...it was satisfying, but then I lost my stock soon afterwards.

I also managed to completely miss a DAir spike and fastfall to my doom once.

Last edited:

Spookyroni

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProjectXC
3DS FC
4940-5890-9904
STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP KNEEEEE!!!!!!!!
this only works towards players that dont tech at all or newbies .-. i still do it regardless or try to

CaptainFalcon89

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaptainFalcon89
3DS FC
2981-8075-4802
Missing a running off stage jump to knee and then hitting Side B instead of Up B to my death on my first match on livestream

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Trying a Falcon Punch on Giant Kirby after getting shrunk, not once but twice-still somehow got a KO on him.

Clamhat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clamhat
in general? the stupidest thing I do consistently is see someone charging a smash, think "yeah I can probably outspeed that before it hits me", and run straight into it.

specifically? i was playing a FG falcon ditto once that got very not serious towards the end. Opponent gentleman'd me offstage and went to edgeguard with offstage aerial falcon punch. I attempted to interrupt it with raptor boost and well... let's just say I titled the replay "pickett's charge"

KntKumar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9226-1052
Side b - insta jab it works if the opponent doesn't perfect shield and tries to punish it. I use the custom one with superarmour Its only slightly slower but still works. My local tournament allows customs(the only exception being the almost ungimpable villager up b custom). You can do side b-> side b with the custom one, if they don't perfect shield twice or hold shield you can get a shield break X)

Last edited:

jonnnnnnnn

Smash Rookie
At 200% i was coming back onstage and see zss down B. So i did what any true falcon would do. I whipped out the knee, and it landed. It landed SO FCKING hard that me and zss flew in the same direction at 2 times light speed, with zss blasting first c:

Last edited:

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
I was messing around the other day in training, I was trying to do D Throw > U Air > Single Hit Nair > Re Grab (btw if this is doable can someone let me know, I was like half able to do it, need to test on a real person).
What is yours?
That is a legit combo, my friend did it flawlessly until about 75%.

My dumbest thing I do is when I try to read people on FG. LOL.

really though, I usually run into someone charging a smash attack for a disgustingly long amount of time.

Last edited:

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
Yesterday I tried to Knee a Bayonetta Down Smash to clank and get back on stage.

I also tried playing FG on Wifi. Hardcore, I know.

alh1193

Smash Cadet
NNID
haynes93
Switch FC
SW-1775-7406-8205
Tried to run off stage knee someone. Read the second jump. Jump while I think I'm onstage. Apparently I wasted my second jump. Missed the knee. Then tapped y button until I died. This happened more than I care to admit.

alh1193

Smash Cadet
NNID
haynes93
Switch FC
SW-1775-7406-8205
Just remembered something incredibly stupid I did. Playing a buddy in a mm I gimped his falco with a backwards u-air. So I tried it during falco's side b.... Twice. Needless to say I ended up paying him.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
One time in friendlies I went against a Bayonetta. They forgot to turn off Smash Balls and I give them the Elbow of Combustion taking their first stock. I then get the Smash Ball and hit my opponent with Falcon's final smash. They take a large amount of damage but not enough to get killed. They try to recover and I just give them the Heel of Shame as they get spiked down and ends the match.

I called it the "Casual Combo"

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Used Side-B away from the stage, trying to spike the opponent.
Pretty sure I lost that match.

Budwiser

Smash Cadet
I've "Goldie Locks" combod someone off the stage then Raptor Boosted them. Didn't get the spike, but it killed them with the side blast zone. "Goldie Locks" combo being three B-airs.

Jenknee

Smash Rookie
Tried to punish a Corrin who spammed counter with Falcon Punch. They mixed up the timing, I messed up my timing, and I Falcon Punched a Corrin counter, which feels about the same as breaking your hand on a brick wall.

Top Bottom