• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the dumbest thing you dream of getting away with in a real match?

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
It's a contest between pooping someone off-stage to their deaths as Yoshi or beating someone to death using only Peach's butt attacks.

HallowKaz

Smash Cadet
NNID
HallowKaz
3DS FC
2938-8929-4909
Two spikes in a row!

Two spikes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
When fighting Little Mac: Sit by the edge and shield, then wait for Mac to dash attack, then grab him. Throw him off stage, and gimp him with gryos and lasers. Make sure to taunt each kill. Repeat on his second stock and win the match. And to rub salt in the wound, save the replay! :troll:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
A dumb Arcfire -> DAir kill off-stage to win a second grand finals set in-tournament (coming from losers)

EDIT: Excuse me, Arcfire chain.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I got some pretty stupid wins off of early Glory players. Namely beating Macs with just Dark Pit's arrows and another 0% KO with Guardian Orbitars.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I've won by all kinds of stupid things as Dedede already.
Swallowcide, Inhaling and spitting out off-stage and recovering, dair spike, up special spike, stage spike, Inhale windbox kills, reflecting pocketed Gordos that one-shot Villagers, Jet Hammer while the opponent is hanging on the edge... I've done it all.

Once Lucas goes live, I hope something stupid happens. I don't know what that might be yet.

D

Deleted member 269706

Messing around as Ganondorf on 1v1 FG > gets 3 dairs in a row > finished him with a Bair.
Thought the OP meant what is the dumbest thing we HAVE gotten away with :/ ... current goal: get a rest underneath Final Destination platform!

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I wanna get a wombo combo kill with Rosalina & Luma.

Sadly I am not that good.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Using a Gordo to pressure a recovering opponent into walking right into my Jet Hammer. The next best things I've gotten away with, though, were hitting a Link with Jet Hammer just as he hit me with fsmash, sending us both flying, but sending Link past the blast line first, as well as me going into an edgeguard PK Flash with Super Dedede Jump, but being saved by the super armor and murdering Ness on my way down.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Bair into a ricochet off the stage and down to oblivion.

I ain't asking much.

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
Resting a falcon punch. I’ve tried to do it, and I’ve died trying to do it. But one day I will pull it off and become the supreme jiggly.

FEMARTH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vintage
The Perspective of a Solid :4marth:

2 stocking 0% a solid :4diddy: :D

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I've wanted to jump offstage while an opponent recovers, charge phantom towards the ledge, and release it as they snap and hit them while they have the 1 frame of vulnerability while snapping thereby ending their stock with a stage spike. Sadly, I'm not crazy enough to do something so risky and unnecessary.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
Me: Is it time to use my ultimate weapon?
Me: F yeah!
Me: *footstools*

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
One frame of vulnerability before ledge grabbing.

One frame of hitbox on rest.

Coincidence!?! I! Think! Not!

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Back throw into Link's down air spike. LOL. The player would have to sit still long enough for my down air to hit. :(

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Winning a match with only using Rosalina's Launch Star Custom 3.

lawl

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Shieldbreaking someone and slightly pushing them to where they free-fall off the edge.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
As a bowser player...
-Walking towards the opponent at the start of the match. The opponent SD's out of fear.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
If we're talking things I can't actually do
Wall of Pain with teh Jiggs into a rest
Or maybe (as Kirby vs. Villager)
Pocket Villager's forward smash
Get a shield break at the beginning of the match, charge a hammer flip while pushing Villager towards the edge then hit him right as he's about to regain movement. Use the down air meteor smash, to bring him to the blast zone and just as he's about to recover drop the bowling ball on him.
That would kill him by using his own attack to use his own attack. While humiliating him!
I have had something happen that's worthy of being here though, I was playing a Captain Falcon and I had taken his ability, he tried to reverse falcon punch me so I just ducked under it, immediately after I reverse falcon punched and it actually connected, killing him with his own attack right after he used it.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I will never be able to pull off an offstage Falcon punch. I've tried, and failed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom