• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best way to stop Donkey Kong's cargo throw stage spike?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
My friend enjoys pulling this crap on me whenever I reach 100% and I can't escape fast enough. Any tips DK boards?

Exia 00

Smash Champion
depending on your character you can just projectile spam until he gets in your range.
unfortunatle if you get grabbed all you can do is try to recover.sometimes it works
and i land a footstool atthe smae time but thats if you really lucky.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
In case you somehow don't know the jargon, translation: press L or R just as your are about to hit the underside of the stage. Experiment with the timing, it is not terribly difficult.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Just make sure that once you do tech, to be ready to recover (up b) usually does the trick..

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i just wall jump, or tech ( press L ) just look at it like ur about to land like any other tech. not too hard. online its killer tho =P

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ah, I thought you couldn't wall tech through hitstun, so I never tried it. Just goes to show eh? Thanks guys, I got it now.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
If you are going to tech it, DK is generally below you, depending on who you are playing, go for a footstool.

Top Bottom