• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best way to Down B OOS?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Personally, I jump and shine as soon as I possibly can. Input-wise, :GCLT:or:GCRT:->:GCX:or:GCY:(personally) or:GCU:->:GCD:+:GCB:

Acorn

Smash Cadet
:GCY: -> :GCD: -> :GCB:

Falco is in the air on frame 6 after jumping, so you have that long to get the stick down and hit b.
Practice fox's shdl to get :GCY: -> :GCB:speed up.

djmath

Smash Apprentice
it's the same timing is double shine, only you're stating out in shield instead of in shine.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Be holding slightly down, jump out of shield, press B. Buffering the jump with c-stick up means you are at least jumping for the shine as fast as possible. If your shield disappears, press B. If you want grounded shine OoS, this method could be hard without a good feel of how long the shieldstun is.

OninO

Smash Journeyman
it's the same timing is double shine, only you're stating out in shield instead of in shine.
This is the best quote. Watch Kira/Squids tutorial on multi-shining and practise as they describe, it has the side benefit of improving your shine OoS game as the motion is the same. The tricky part is knowing your shield stuns such that you get it first frame actionable.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
One problem I had with this is that when double/multishining it doesn't matter if u slide ur thumb over the A-button because ur in shine during the input. When shining out of shield, hitting A will cause u to grab. Something to keep in mind, especially if u use X to jump. As mentioned before practicing Fox SHDL is very helpful.

Cthulhu's Underling

Smash Cadet
Personally, when I do it with Fox, I do it by sliding my thumb from Y to B, but with Falco, I use the stick, with my thumb already on B. I've tried doing it with the c-stick with both characters, but I'm really bad at it.

Last edited:

Big D Squirrels

Smash Rookie
Fox I Y to B. With Falco I like to use the cstick so I end up slightly in the air so that I can shine > bair to get them off me and give me time to followup.

Top Bottom