• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best video for using the cape effectively?

Baseballfan1456

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering about this because as a Mario mainer I need to use the cape more...anyway, thanks for your help!

Also, I was wondering, what are some good combos? Obviously I need to learn how to combo effectively as well...

Matt07

Smash Master
Cape is well, the 'bread and butter' for all Mario's. It helps messes up opponents recovery by reversing their momentum. It also reverses they're momentum when they use an aerial attack, it's good to reflect characters who spam a lot, and you can use Cape Gliding to edgeguard, or Cape Ledgeguard as well. Basically the Cape is a very good move, but at most we'll use it to reflect projectiles and edgeguard.

Edit: Check HeroMystic's guide (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196174)
and the other stickies on more useful information on the Cape.

Baseballfan1456

Smash Rookie
Cape is well, the 'bread and butter' for all Mario's. It helps messes up opponents recovery by reversing their momentum. It also reverses they're momentum when they use an aerial attack, it's good to reflect characters who spam a lot, and you can use Cape Gliding to edgeguard, or Cape Ledgeguard as well. Basically the Cape is a very good move, but at most we'll use it to reflect projectiles and edgeguard.

Edit: Check HeroMystic's guide (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196174)
and the other stickies on more useful information on the Cape.
Well I already read the guides and I know what the cape is supposed to do, but it's a whole different thing to watch someone use it effectively than just reading about it...

Top Bottom