• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best spyware and virus remover?

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I agree. Avast does what many PAID antiviruses do. It might not have been good in its earliest days, but it's built a rep for itself, being #2 on lists on mags like PCWorld.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Avast
Spybot: Search & Destroy
Microsoft Security Essentials

These have all worked for me

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Thumbs up to both Avast and Spybot. Those have both worked well for me. Although, I would choose Avast if I had to pick one.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i think i already have malwarebytes but i still have viruses. Will downloading avast and still having malwarebites be bad? (slow each other down or something)

my computer is pretty slow and I know I have virus's on it cuz I've done scans so I gotta remove them + speed up my comp a lot.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Use kapersky rescue disk honestly, if it's that bad, you probably should do a virus scan outside of your OS enviroment.

Gea

Smash Master
M2K, it depends what the trojans/virus' are. Asking for a one click fix when you are already infected is probably not going to happen. The best anti-virus is common sense, but these can be supplemented with good use of MalwareBytes and a virus program. I use Avira. It has a few false positives but I am happy with how it runs and how unobtrusive it is.

However, since you are already infected you need to get things like killbox to force deletions and HijackThis to scan all your processes to see what virus you have so you can typematch then google specific fixes. Ultimately the best solution is fresh disk format. Pretty much anything http://majorgeeks.com/downloads29.html is also good.

Another great resource: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Easiest way is to save all your stuff and reinstall windows.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Malwarebyte's
SUPERANTISPYWARE (Sounds like one of those malware antivirus programs, but it's a legitamite anti-malware)
Microsoft Security Essentials

Top Bottom