• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best music to listen to while in a match

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
I typically play with the music muted but I've found I focus better with music what music is best to listen to while playing smash?

McChicken

Smash Rookie
Something that's not distracting. Zen garden music works wonders 4 me. You might also consider something that gets your blood pumping (hyper hyper).

stopzero

Smash Rookie
I typically play with the music muted but I've found I focus better with music what music is best to listen to while playing smash?
Go with some instrumentals that, works wonders for me. Specifically I love to use some Daft Punk Alive 2007.

D

Deleted member

Well, I tend to play Smash with the music turned off since I like hearing reactions from the off-screen crowd. I'll turn on gospel/inspirational music (mainly Praise 102.5 FM) when I'm practicing with my ladies of faith :4peach::4bayonetta2::rosalina:. Since they have large learning curves and I grew up with gospel/inspirational when I was little (back in the mid-1960s, lol), why not? If i don't feel like turning on the radio then I'll put on one of the following Bayonetta songs:
  • Theme of Bayonetta - Mysterious Destiny
  • Tomorrow Is Mine (Bayonetta 2 Theme)
  • Friendship

By the way, these are the same songs I'll turn on when I'm cooking up recipes in the kitchen. :)

Sayonara :kirby:

Jaruto

Smash Cadet
NNID
JarutoATD
Depending on how i'm trying to play i'll change my music, if i know i'm gonna play a campy character in bracket then i'll turn on some chill low-fi hip-hop or coffee house to make sure i don't get angry, but if i'm trying to play a ditto or trying to pressure someone then i'll turn on post-hardcore or some variation of that with a fast BPM, (Gabber style EDM is great for it), but personally, it's whatever music helps you perform the best, look for something that helps you take a breath and keeps you centered mentally,

_____Andrew_____

Smash Apprentice
It depends. As a Marth player, for example, when fighting fox the FD music is pretty good to be listening to. As fox against Jigglypuff you may want to be hearing Yoshi's Story.

Scot B

Smash Rookie
I usually find any type of semi-fast paced rhythm to work for me, although in game sound helps more i think.

N1teL1te

Smash Rookie
Personally I listen to a lot more Alt Rock that's kinda chill and kinda aggressive, so for example bands like Circa Survive work best for me since they have songs that fit both styles and I can jump in between them if the situation calls for it.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I usually listen to the in-game music or nothing at all. Music never affected me much so... my input is probably not worth much here.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Very preference-based. I like the music that gets played when you battle a boss, so I go with that. They're designed to get your attention and make you aware of the ridiculous enemy you're going to have to beat.

Eekum_bokum

Smash Cadet
I've tried listening to music while playing. Didn't work. Probably because I listen to extreme metal, and it's too aggressive and distracting to do something at the same time as listening to it.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Primus or Gorillaz. They work especially well for Luigi mains. I find that I can coordinate his crazy movement much better with music.

Last edited:
Top Bottom