• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best level cpu to practice against?

MasterMar

Smash Rookie
I know playing against the cpu isn't good and can create some bad habits if done too much. That being said, which level cpu has the most realistic DI the practice combos and followups against?

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
Well the AI was just changed in the patch so, I don't really know

But, in 3.0 their was a rumor going around that 7 was the best for practice

like you already know CPUs really aren't going to help you practice all that much in general
If you don't have people to practice with I recommend looking into netplay

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
CPUs should be fine for people that are trying to get down the basics. Consistently executing SHFFL attacks when you intend to, and especially following up on SHFFL attacks, are great skills to pick up vs the comp. Ditto wavedashing.

Bad habits can be avoided if you keep in mind that you're not playing to win (once your mechanics are decent, you won't be losing), you're playing to practice some moveset you're trying to get into muscle memory, and winning with that moveset.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
usually people just link the "How to Train your Falcon" video because it's pretty relevant in PM too.

Basically 7 for combos, 9 for keepaway/dodging/movement. But if the AIs keep updating to act like specific players it won't matter what level it is anymore.

Reason : 7 will DI differently each time you hit it. 9 will DI up&towards stage always, and you would get used to it. (So says the video, talking about melee.)

But tbh, I don't know if they do that in P:M.

Top Bottom