• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the age demographic for Smash Bros?

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I'm particularly curious about this one, especially with Smash 4 downgraded from T to E. I'm in my early 20's, is that too old for Smash Bros or is it normal?

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Nintendo decides to tone it down from T or E to make the game more cartoonish, so if you like the game, then age doesn't matter at this point.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
According to a poll that PushDustin conducted a while back, there are a lot of hardcore Smash fans in your age group.

I don't know if one can be "too old" for Smash anyway. I'd consider it more of an all ages or most ages type of game than one that only children or teens can or should play. If you like the games, I'd encourage you to keep playing them.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
E for Everyone.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
According to a poll that PushDustin conducted a while back, there are a lot of hardcore Smash fans in your age group.

I don't know if one can be "too old" for Smash anyway. I'd consider it more of an all ages or most ages type of game than one that only children or teens can or should play. If you like the games, I'd encourage you to keep playing them.
I applaud that cool 70-year-old for playing Smash. Wish my grandparents were that cool.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Everyone rating just means that a game is presentable to everyone. It does not necessarilymean that game is targeted to any age group.
However in the case of Smash, I think it's demographic is anyone who is a Nintendo fan, regardless of age.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415

Wow, I feel so old looking at your chart (31) :(

I really didn't think smashers were that young on average

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I feel so old looking at your chart (31) :(

I really didn't think smashers were that young on average
Generally, (especially in competitive settings), being young while playing a video game tends to give people the upper hand because of reaction times. Most eSports players last until they're 35 at the oldest. It's not unsafe, then, to say that in most competitive gaming demographics, the falloff is going to be around 35.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Early 20's is completely normal for Smash tourneys. Nobody's going to look at you weird at that age at all.

Top Bottom