• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Sakurai up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
meowth and little mac back to back?

could it be that, with the demo being examined so thuroughly, Sakurai is more interested in deconfirming things than confirming them?

why is this?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean, it seems like there's a big run of speculation deconfirmation going on lately
It matters your definition of deconfirm...

He is confirming them as items...

Also we already knew Lil' Mac was "deconfirmed"

Shuma

Smash Hero
Perhaps he has started to deconfirm all the "top whanted characters" that whont make it in as PC?

Shuma

Smash Hero
As long as no one in my sig is deconfirmed i'm happy, actually as long as Ridley is not deconfirmed i'm happy.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... I can really see a sukapon AT.... since 2 of my 3 fav.s (toad and Lyn) are both axed, Krystal is my only hope, so come on and please don't AT her sakurai

Shuma

Smash Hero
Doubts with Ness and MIdna... instead of K. Rool and Pac-man? weird....

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing today as the beginning of what everyone's been expecting since the conference last week - the confirmation of material revealed in the demos last week (which has taken surprisingly long, with the Meowth and New Pork City Updates over the more anticipated Gardevoir and Norfair ones). There's no way to predict his update schedule, asides from the obvious of him not doing more than 1 or 2 in any one category.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
unfortunately, confirming what we already know will just prove to bore us as we will learn nothing new from dojo for weeks

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well i personaly would love to have K.rool as playable, and Ness... not really, since that would deconfirm Claus, and Claus is like Nintendo's mini Darth Vader.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well i personaly would love to have K.rool as playable, and Ness... not really, since that would deconfirm Claus, and Claus is like Nintendo's mini Darth Vader.
Yeah I'm 50/50 with Ness right now, if a cool Mother 3 character made it (Kumatora or Claus) I wouldn't mind his deconfirmation, but if we are only gonna have Lucas then they should add Ness.

Chepe

Smash Lord
yeah... I can really see a sukapon AT.... since 2 of my 3 fav.s (toad and Lyn) are both axed, Krystal is my only hope, so come on and please don't AT her sakurai
Ah, dont you worry, Krystal is in and we just dont know it yet. Im that confident on it. Somehow I find myself wanting that Sukapon in since it looks like it would play very differently than other characters...

Notice how Sakurai now seems to want to add in characters that add variety and flavor to the game? Zero Suit Samus mechanic, Wario's crude humor, Pokemon Trainer 3 in 1, Snake's non physical smashes, Sonic's all-speed, and such? Its not all just pick popular character and whip up a moveset - Assist Trophies and the Pokeball selections as far are proof of that.

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
Notice how Sakurai seems to want to add in characters that add variety and flavor to the game? Zero Suit Samus mechanic, Wario's crude humor, Pokemon Trainer 3 in 1, Snake's non physical smashes, Sonic's all speed, and such? Its not all just pick popular character and give them a moveset - Assist Trophies are proof of that.
And then there's Ike, Pit, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, and Lucas, all playable characters who were oft-predicted and seem to work just as any character has and one would think they should(Sure, Pit/Meta Knight fly).

J-Rum

Smash Rookie
I wish he'd announce another HUGE announcement, like with Snake.

I'd like to be shocked again, not bored, like with Meowth, and whoever Little Mac is.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ridley would play diferent... right? RIGHT!?
Im sure he could. A lighter yet taller character with heavyweight tendencies, such as being slower perhaps, or having laggy yet powerful moves, and all that jazz. I can see it working that way. It all depends on what Sakurai thinks...

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
Im sure he could. A lighter yet taller character with heavyweight tendencies, such as being slower perhaps, or having laggy yet powerful moves, and all that jazz. I can see it working that way. It all depends on what Sakurai thinks...
Sounds like Mewtwo... AKA a recipe for suck. Hopefully Ridley will be fast and not floaty.

Blackadder

Smash Master
meowth and little mac back to back?

could it be that, with the demo being examined so thuroughly, Sakurai is more interested in deconfirming things than confirming them?

why is this?
The game's release date is now set at Feb. 10, 2008.
Sakurai has to stretch the updates an extra two months somehow, right?

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
I think Ridley would be light, very light. Since you'd need a light body to be able to fly, Ridley wouldn't be really heavy. My bet on his weight is 2/5. He'd be swift, light and powerful, which is a recipe for God tier!

Also as long as Simon is in as a PC and not an AT, I'm happy! If he doesn't make it in at all, then I'm ok with it but if some other stupid 3rd party char took his place I'll fly to Japan with Captain Falcon and tell him to FALCON PUUNCH Sakurai until he replaces the other 3rd party with Simon and also adds Mega Man.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I wish he'd announce another HUGE announcement, like with Snake.

I'd like to be shocked again, not bored, like with Meowth, and whoever Little Mac is.
Didn't you read the Sonic update or something? It will probably take some time before he makes another huge update. And I was shocked with the news of Meowth, I really hoped he would be a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom