• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Roys Final Smash?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Did you have to bump it just to ask that? Like really dude....

Fortress

Smash Master
Can it just be Hector beating the ever-loving Hell out of everything for six minutes, with Roy and company arriving just as Hector is flung off of the stage..? Please, Strongbad, please..?

...Hector just wants some love...

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I remember someone saying its like Marth's except he does a major combo before finishing you off.

Celestis

Smash Ace
The lack of any voice clips in Roy's attack makes his feel incomplete. It looks epic, but unpolished. I'm sure thing will change in future versions.
I also think that Mewtwo's might sounds slightly better if they used the laugh from his victory screen and not his taunt laugh.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
The lack of any voice clips in Roy's attack makes his feel incomplete. It looks epic, but unpolished. I'm sure thing will change in future versions.
I also think that Mewtwo's might sounds slightly better if they used the laugh from his victory screen and not his taunt laugh.

I think the main reason it seems unpolished is not because of roy himself, but rather his opponent.

compare to link's to see what I mean

With Link's final smash, you can see how the enemy reacts to this, and you can almost feel what (s)he is feeling, slice by slice.

With Roy's however, the enemy's static pose make it seem less like Roy is hurting an enemy and more like he is hurting some soulless frozen doll.

I guess you could also say that the glitches this fin smash is having doesn't help it either.

Overall though, they did do a great job with Roy himself, and I am glad they were able to at least give him a final smash (unlike the PT Pokemon)

Fortress

Smash Master
Or it looks like he's beating up a sprite out of Fire Emblem. I like the robotic feel of his Final Smash and side-taunt. Feels just like the gameboy games.

Top Bottom