• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is our level/rank in item control?

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
It was always said that if you played Diddy, you would generally be really great at item control. In the beginning, I thought that bombs were the crappiest item in the game because they exploded in your face sometimes, and also had a slower projectile speed than others.
Now I'm way too used to the fact that they can explode, and therefore, are easily disposable (You almost never have more than two out at a time since they explode; so you just pull them out whenever you can) so I guess TL and Link are ruled out.

It seems that Peach is in the same situation. Her turnips disappear when they touch the ground... but they don't explode.... x.x

So anyway, which characters, who can produce items, would be considered the "best" at item control? Which are the worst?

Pretty much, whose playstyles have the best item control?

Sometimes having a projectile that can blow up in our face is really useful. Sometimes when I know I'm in a bad position, I blow a bomb up on myself just so I can get knockback that'll send me to a better position. I'll gladly take 3% if it means I'll be in a better position.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Toon Link has a very high number of projectiles like Snake but he can control his items very well.

Snake and Diddy are very good at item control, Diddy being the best because he can set up infinites and it takes a heap of patience to make it out alive from Snake's camping.

Falco's laser is great too, due to the laser lock ability.

Those are the best 2 damage wise, however Snake's grenades followed by Toon Link's bombs would be the best.

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
#1: Probably Diddy, his bananas are great for basically everything. Spacing, shield pressure, killing (setups) and setting up strings. His awesome GlideToss makes it all the more better.
#2: Snake is second, considering his bombs are timed he can easily setup his grenades wherever he wants to.
#3: Toon Link is a close second, but considering his bombs explode on impact at times they get in the way.
#4: Zero Suit Samus's armor pieces are one of the best items in the game. Definitely fits her in the top 5. She'd be higher if it wasn't possible for people to use her armor pieces against her. She also has a ridiculous GlideToss horizontal boost. And she's limited to the 3.
#5: Peach belongs here because her turnips are meh.
No one else really produces items in the sense that both players can use them. Unless you ment projectiles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom