• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is one low tier character...

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf scares me alot. I get so nervous when fighting him. Even though Mewtwo obviously wins the match up, its still nerve racking because all it takes is a few hits before ganon kills me early. You have to play very patient and carefully when fighting Ganon.

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
The unofficially official low tiers: (see here https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSB4_tier_lists_(NTSC))
Pac-Man: Great projectile game and stage control, with a decent air game but bad ground game outside of projectiles and has a horrible grab, despite average utility in his throws.
Falco: He's similar to Fox yet much slower. and more powerful His blaster has lost his utility and dair is a much slower attack than it was in Brawl. Can combo decently and is a bit more powerful than Fox.
Bowser Jr.: Above average in most aspects but has a few short comings. He has a very gimpable recovery, no utility in his grabs or throws, and a damaging yet slow projectile.
Dr. Mario: A slow yet powerful character who is somwehat underrated but has a terrible recovery and poor ground speed, yet, like Ganondorf, has a decent combo game despite his speed. Lacks a meteor smash.
Kirby: Below average attack power, speed, and is susceptible to edgegaurding. However, Kirby does well against several high and top tiers to make up for this and has a great edgegaurding and combo game.
Wii Fit Trainer: A bit faster than some characters, Wii Fit has terrible hitbox placement on her aerials and a very poor combo game and laggy grounded attacks. She is very agile though.
Dedede: Gordo is a decent egdegaurding tool and he has multiple jumps and great attack power. However, his combo game and grabs are only average and he is one of the slowest and easy to combo characters in the game and is susceptible to edgegaurding despite his great recovery.
Ganondorf: Has a decent combo game. However, he is susceptible to similar shortcomings as Dedede and, although he is ranked in the bottom 3, many players consider him to be higher due to his punish game being so good.
Zelda: Has an average combo and grab game but suffers from slower attacks. Not much to say here.
Jigglypuff: The lightest character in the game, Jiggs is a sitting duck on the ground and her combo game is only effective on edgegaurdable or weak characters. Has 2 useless special attacks.
Note: Mii Brawler and Swordfighter are also considered to be low tiers without customs as well.

As a Luigi main, Ganon gives me the most trouble of these characters as he can knock me off stage and it can be especially frustrating to recover with Ganons metor smash attacks.

D

Deleted member

I really hate fighting against Bowser Jr. Idk, just something about him is just difficult to me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Icehawk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1951-2334-0328
Ganon, Little Mac, and Samus always give me trouble.. Anybody that could help me learn against these characters?

If so, my friend code is 1951-2324-0328 (3ds edition)

Last edited:

EMT~

Smash Cadet
I've always had trouble playing against Little Macs for some reason. Probably because I usually play really aggresively.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I can never really figure out how to fight Wario..

Top Bottom