• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is Little Macs Future Right Now?

Birdygamer

Smash Cadet
Little Mac still gets a lot of flack from players and pros alike. However, I would like to point out that Little Mac has his fair share of good players that have gotten results with him: Akaraien, BlasterZ, Devvystar, gaia, Gain, Kale, Kwaz, Lazyboredom, Masayan, Mr. Newport, Reverse Sol and Tarakatori. All of these guys got some pretty good results despite Little Mac's status as a low tier character. So what is his future right now? Does he have promise or his future dim?

Uffe

Smash Hero
If he was more like Incineroar, then maybe. His aerials obviously aren't good, he can be camped easily, especially if there are platforms around. Most people don't want to approach Little Mac for how hard he hits, too. His recovery is alright, but still easy to gimp. I thought Little Mac's addition to Sm4sh was really cool, and early on most people thought he was really good. But his limited options is what's keeping him low tier. No matter how many buffs they give Little Mac, I don't believe he'll ever be good, because making a character hit harder doesn't make a character better.

Again, if he was more like Incineroar, where he's got good aerial attacks, combos, even if not much, and a recovery that sends him further upward, then maybe Little Mac could be better. Perhaps not by much, but still better. That's the route Sakurai should take Little Mac. Not make him an echo fighter, but actually revamp his aerial options, and get rid of the super armor smash attacks. KO Punch would probably be toned down if this happened, but still possible to kill within the double digits depending on characters weights.

Top Bottom