• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is a n00b to do?

Sean31

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I seem to be facing a certain problem...
You see, my skill has hit something of a brick wall. I'm decent, but I'm nowhere near good enough to be competitive. Yet, I want to be. However, all of my friends are either rarely available, or, well, even worse than I am. I tried playing Brawl online, but let's face it; online was a fiasco for this game.

I guess what I'm wondering is, how can you practice when the only opponent you can find when you need them is a level 9 CPU?

Hibiki

Smash Apprentice
Meet people on here.
Wifi still works out, and also, go to tournaments and stuff I suppose.
You aren't going to gain skill level with a level 9 computer.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Hello everyone. I seem to be facing a certain problem...
You see, my skill has hit something of a brick wall. I'm decent, but I'm nowhere near good enough to be competitive. Yet, I want to be. However, all of my friends are either rarely available, or, well, even worse than I am. I tried playing Brawl online, but let's face it; online was a fiasco for this game.

I guess what I'm wondering is, how can you practice when the only opponent you can find when you need them is a level 9 CPU?
Find more smashers in your neighborhood, or venture out for a tourney. Computers can help, but they hurt more so. Your spacing and feel for moves can improve, but will get recked because of the habits you developed agaisnt a human opponent.

Tennet

Smash Champion
Most character boards have a thread with people who use that character along with their location so you might be able to find someone near you.

dethwaker3

Smash Cadet
I can't even beat a lv 9...but I am quite good when battling human players lol (It's like I get better when playing real players)

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Theres this mystical magical thing called a tournament.
Or there is this other mystical magical thing called a window.... it looks transparent but when you touch it .... its solid ... Oooo... If you cant do tourneys.. throw your wii through it ... it will solve all your problems.

shurf

Smash Cadet
Wifi battle people from SWF/AiB. Read about your character's matchups and learn new techniques from videos. Attending tourneys is your best option. It sure as hell helped me. I thought I was decent then I realized how much I need to work on. Just work on your bad matchups and fight human opponents as often as possible, even if they're not great. Anything is better than a CPU.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
You live in New York, there should be tons of tournies around.
Check here for tourny listings
Since you live in NY, that also means you live in East Coast. :urg: Don't take this offensively, but don't expect to win any tournies, lol.
East Coast is too good.

Top Bottom