• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ What if we use the last frames of the B-air/U-air?

the5souls

Smash Cadet
I had to give my friend's Brawl disk back... so I cannot really test this.

But, I DID experiment a bit before I gave it back.

The knockback of the Bair/Uair is much less then when hit in the first frames, so the opponent wouldn't be too far from me. Maybe there's something here that we can add on to this.

Like... what I did was I jumped (I think it was a full-hop) and Uair'd. Then I fast-fell onto the opponent so that my HEAD in the last frames of the Uair would hit. He gets knocked back slightly, then I would do my Triple A/Ftilt combo. Maybe I would sticky once in a while.

And I think a few of you have seen my so-called "Superman Stick" video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMgf1Fz2l80

This is when I started experimenting with the
"Instead of using the Bair to knock my foe far away with my heels, let's see what would happen if I used my head!"

Then after this experiment, I began thinking what if I hit later in the Bair animation, that way my foe and I would have a closer lag time. I can't explain it, but I'll try to illustrate it.

[The following is a very rough estimate]

So this is in the "Superman Stick" video.
* ---- is the lag time (where you can't do anything)*
*.... is the idle stance (where you have the ability to do something) *
* !!!! is when the foe gets hit *
* === is landing lag *

Me (Bair, hit with head)
--!!!!!-------------====............

Foe (Gets hit)
...!!!!!--------.................................

You see how his lag ends much earlier than the end of my lag?
So I saw that, and here's my hypothesis if I had hit later in my Bair.

Me (Bair, hit with head, but hit later)
------------!!!!!---====............

Foe (Gets hit later)
....................!!!!!----------.........

Now you see that, since I hit later, my opponent and I almost end the lag at the same time, my foe has less time to react, and I have a greater chance to following up!

So with that, I began experimenting further, and that's when I had to return the Brawl disk.

I'm leaving it up to you guys to advance my experiement! Who knows, perhaps we can find something that will change our Meta Game a bit! :)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
This needs a bump, and I need to GTFO this room before my mom gets home.

People, comment on this.

----Will edit this later when I get ungrounded :/ sorry for not having the time to actually comment, just now saw the thread a tad to late.---

{Snake boards, where we love everyone! Including this post that may not be useful, but I'm hoping it is}

good stuffs... /lies I haven't read it

Or did I?

:mewtwo:

Top Bottom