• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if we made a guide to this place?

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Sorta kinda like an index. Sounds stupid at first but when you consider how hard it is to make a guide instead of just pointing them in the right direction, won't be so bad. I just realized I haven't explained at all so... I'm going to explain.

Our threads are a mess right? Sometimes there will be entire pages with no useful info on them. So why don't we tell the new players what page says what? For example, let's say in DK discussion, there's discussion about edgeguarding in pages 2-3 and for recovery in page 5. So we have an index for each character and where to find discussion on whatever the player is looking for. It obviously won't be limited to the character threads since there's been discussion about ****ing tacos in a thread about n00b character picking ( true story ). And if there's some info that's crucial but just hasn't been explained or mentioned, we do a mini guide about it! We're basically compiling all the useful information.

I'll do Mario because he's my main now.

Mario section :

Will update later lol

If someone beats you to doing an index for a character, help them and edit your post to say you were beat. Heck I'll even make an index for finding indexes. And if this gets linked in the official index, my mind will be blown.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
The actual Smash Index has a TON of useful info. It's just a matter of taking the time to search once you click the links.

We do need the Index to be updated though. New players can utilize the Ask a Question thread so...

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Sorta kinda like an index. Sounds stupid at first but when you consider how hard it is to make a guide instead of just pointing them in the right direction, won't be so bad. I just realized I haven't explained at all so... I'm going to explain.

Our threads are a mess right? Sometimes there will be entire pages with no useful info on them. So why don't we tell the new players what page says what? For example, let's say in DK discussion, there's discussion about edgeguarding in pages 2-3 and for recovery in page 5. So we have an index for each character and where to find discussion on whatever the player is looking for. It obviously won't be limited to the character threads since there's been discussion about ****ing tacos in a thread about n00b character picking ( true story ). And if there's some info that's crucial but just hasn't been explained or mentioned, we do a mini guide about it! We're basically compiling all the useful information.

I'll do Mario because he's my main now.

Mario section :

Will update later lol

If someone beats you to doing an index for a character, help them and edit your post to say you were beat. Heck I'll even make an index for finding indexes. And if this gets linked in the official index, my mind will be blown.
ya what you are describing is basically the index. I think the problem is most people don't seem to know what an index is lol. We should change the name and like Bolts said it does need to be updated.

You are right about the character discussion tho its a mess and if i wanna look something up about a character this is like the very worst place to go cuz u have to sift thru many pages for some characters.

Top Bottom