• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Smash Bros was on PS4, XB1 and PC.....(Also, should they appear on those consoles?)

Should SSB4 be on PS4, XB1, and PC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Depends on what's in it for them I'd think. I'd imagine Microsoft could at the very least offer 2 billion dollars for exclusivity slash partnership deal. Whichever console had the Nintendo games would be a reasonably large advantage. Or maybe no one offers anything and they put it out on both platforms to make more money. Hard to say.
I'd imagine Japan's reaction to a Nintendo made game being only on an XBox console would garner volcano hate and Smash has always did generally cater to Japan's wants vs Western wants.

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice
I wish Nintendo would stop selling bad consoles and go the path of Sega and just make Smash Bros for consoles that are actually worth the money
Dude, literally none of the consoles are worth the money. The ps4 and xb1 were outdated at release and the wii u absolutely sucks on paper. What makes the wii u and nintendo actually worth something is its unique exclusives that are actually fun and last a bit like smash, monster hunter, wonderful 101 and whatever. The only real game that consoles have is destiny and that's one game that...look, if there all 4 things and one is unique and the other 3 are basically the same except one does everything much better, and I've never been a PC guy and always thought the wii u is dumb, why not get the good thing and the unique thing? Party games and playing with friends are better on consoles by far and nintendo is the only one that does that. I'm sure as stupid people in the videogame indusrty are most of the time, somebody probably thought of that and nintendo isn't going to sell away the literally one thing they have over their competition.

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
Dude, literally none of the consoles are worth the money. The ps4 and xboxone released with outdated hardware and the the wii u is power wise much weaker. The reason I at least decided that the wii u is better despite really sucking on paper is that there are actual exclusives that have crazy longevity or are great at parties like monster hunter, wonderful 101 smash, and whatever. The only exclusive game that's on the other consoles is almost literally just destiny; though, I guess no one is playing fifa on PC. I've never been a PC guy and I think the wii u is a bit dumb, but honestly if there's four things and one has unique things and the other three have mostly the same things, but one does those same things better, why have anything but the good thing and the weird thing?
YET, KH3 is on PS4. Does the Wii U has that? Nope.

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'll probably get a Ps4 for that. people have named their kids after KH. that **** is gonna kill.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
I wish Nintendo would stop selling bad consoles and go the path of Sega and just make Smash Bros for consoles that are actually worth the money
The quality of Sega's games (especially Sonic) has dramatically decreased after they stopped making consoles. The same thing will probably happen to Nintendo if they would do that. And honestly, the Xbox One and Playstation 4 aren't really worth the money right now either.

YET, KH3 is on PS4. Does the Wii U has that? Nope.
Kingdom Hearts is overrated.

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
exclusives are a
Dude, literally none of the consoles are worth the money. The ps4 and xb1 were outdated at release and the wii u absolutely sucks on paper. What makes the wii u and nintendo actually worth something is its unique exclusives that are actually fun and last a bit like smash, monster hunter, wonderful 101 and whatever. The only real game that consoles have is destiny and that's one game that...look, if there all 4 things and one is unique and the other 3 are basically the same except one does everything much better, and I've never been a PC guy and always thought the wii u is dumb, why not get the good thing and the unique thing? Party games and playing with friends are better on consoles by far and nintendo is the only one that does that. I'm sure as stupid people in the videogame indusrty are most of the time, somebody probably thought of that and nintendo isn't going to sell away the literally one thing they have over their competition.
The whole exclusives thing is a rip-off. I'm going to have to buy a whole F****ing Wii U just to play Smash. What does it say about the quality of your design when to break even you're relying on pretty much one, maybe two exclusives to trap nostalgic fans into saving your console sales.

All you Nintendo fanatics need to take the blinders off and realize exclusives exist exclusively to rip you the f**k off. They're inconvenient and bad for the gaming industry as a whole. That goes for any exclusive, not just Mario or whatever. I have like three gaming franchises I really follow, but in order to play them all I'd have to own over a thousand dollars in consoles.
And then after I finish those games I get to sell the console for half its value YAY

Last edited:

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
C'mon the NINTENDO FOREVER thing was all good when I was like 12, but when you grow up you realize identifying yourself by a Corporation that's sole goal is to get money out of you is pretty silly

Last edited:

Coq1

Smash Rookie
As a consumer I would prefer if Smash was available on PC, it would save me the 200€ I'm gonna spend to buy a Wii U and be able to play the game.

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
As a consumer I would prefer if Smash was available on PC, it would save me the 200€ I'm gonna spend to buy a Wii U and be able to play the game.
Could not agree more. I generally try to do all my gaming on PC because it's superior in pretty much every way, but then you get these console exclusives...

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
If Smash were on those consoles, then the crossover potential could be limitless, so I would be all for that. But I highly doubt Nintendo would ever allow their franchises to go onto other companies' consoles. I heard somewhere that if Nintendo just stopped making money, their business could still last for another 75 years or somethin'.

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, it will never happen because money, but would be a positive for everyone.

What I would like to realistically see is for Microsoft to offer a decent alternative to Smash (that isn't awful like that one game) in order to drum up some competition and maybe cater more to the hardcore crowd pushing Nintendo to work even harder on their iterations of the game.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Could not agree more. I generally try to do all my gaming on PC because it's superior in pretty much every way, but then you get these console exclusives...
Not everyone can afford a gaming PC, nor do they want to invest in a lot of money for a PC just to play games, when they have cheaper options in video game consoles.

And obviously, video game exclusives are there to support the console they're on and persuade you to buy that console. Making them more special.

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
Not everyone can afford a gaming PC, nor do they want to invest in a lot of money for a PC just to play games, when they have cheaper options in video game consoles.

And obviously, video game exclusives are there to support the console they're on and persuade you to buy that console. Making them more special.
If you already own a PC you can usually update it to run the most taxing games for less than the price of a console and in the long run it can save you money. But for people who just want to plug in and play I totally see the appeal of consoles.

Exclusives do not make anything special by forcing you buy a console you don't want in order to play the one or two games you do want. They exist to screw the consumer plain and simple and they really should be revolted against in terms of sales but when you have this brand worship and stupid "console wars" that benefit only the corporations at the expense of gaming it makes it super easy for gamers to be exploited.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If you already own a PC you can usually update it to run the most taxing games for less than the price of a console and in the long run it can save you money. But for people who just want to plug in and play I totally see the appeal of consoles.

Exclusives do not make anything special by forcing you buy a console you don't want in order to play the one or two games you do want. They exist to screw the consumer plain and simple and they really should be revolted against in terms of sales but when you have this brand worship and stupid "console wars" that benefit only the corporations at the expense of gaming it makes it super easy for gamers to be exploited.
True, some people may have their hand twisted if they only want to play a couple of exclusives on a console. But that minority is probably beaten by WAY more who buy an XBox/Playstation to solely play the likes of Call of Duty and FIFA, a couple of demos, and that's it. That's how they choose to spend their money.

Also, regarding "console wars", there's worshippers from all sides, including the "PC MASTER RACE" people. Whether or not they're right, it doesn't make those fans any more respectable than the other sides. There's pros and cons for Gaming PCs and video game consoles, and it depends on you in how you prefer to play video games.

For the record, I currently play both PC and video game consoles, so I could care less which games I play, as long as I enjoy it. (And if I don't turn bankrupt when I'm older. :p)

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
PC isn't really a part of the console wars. The console wars are about brand loyalty above anything else.
PC's are an objectively better platform to play on if you have the power, there's no real debate to be had. But for people who aren't techy consoles are great.

The equivalent of it for computers is like the whole whole Mac vs. PC thing which is equally stupid

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The quality of Sega's games (especially Sonic) has dramatically decreased after they stopped making consoles.
Ummm...not really?

Sonic declined for a while, definitely, but since 2008, he's been fine. The games have been of top quality and have had amazing production values. At this point, whether or not you like a Sonic game these days is down to preference of what you want from a Sonic game (do you like Wisps, do you like the Werehog, do you like switching between Classic and Modern Sonic, do you care about the stories and characters, etc), because the objective quality of the games is amazing right now. And he of course represents one half of the incredibly successful Mario & Sonic Olympics series, which is actually published by SEGA and developed primarily by their developers. And the Sonic and SEGA All-Stars games have been pretty successful, especially Racing Transformed, which actually sold quite a lot on Wii U alone (also it's popular on Steam).

And a lot of cult classic SEGA games debuted or became well known AFTER SEGA's jump to multi-platform. NiGHTS had a cool sequel on the Wii (I actually think it's quite a bit better than the original), Billy Hatcher debuted on the GameCube, Super Monkey Ball has been a pretty successful franchise with quite a few games in the franchise and also made it's console debut on the GameCube. Bayonetta is published by SEGA. Crazy Taxi has remained strong, and I hear Jet Set Radio Future is a lot better than the first game on the Dreamcast. And of course, SEGA has acquired a bunch of studios and IPs lately, like the Total War series, which is really popular. Also SEGA pretty much dominate the arcade business and pachinko business in Japan.

I could go on but you get the gist, SEGA products are of excellent quality and it shows.

However, I do want Nintendo and Smash Bros to remain exclusive for reasons listed by other users. I could see some potential benefits to Nintendo going multiplatform, but the negatives far outweigh the positives. SEGA were just a special case.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
It could I suppose, but I wouldn't support a game featuring Nintendo all-stars being on XBone and PS4 personally; I just feel it would be out of place. I believe that Smash Bros. is a series that is unique to Nintendo and should remain that way, as it is one of the things that make Nintendo unique.

In the end, I wouldn't really care if it did release on those systems, but I don't imagine it would be a huge hit to PS4 / XBone fans like it is for us.

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
This is the stupidest ****ing topic I've ever seen - and it shows a complete lack of understanding of the industry.

I owned all 3 of the consoles last generation, this isn't inherent bias - Nintendo still makes stupid amounts of money in Japan, and they're the only one of the 3 major developers whose entire business isn't in jeopardy (pay attention to Microsoft and Sony outside of their game divisions, it's rough).

I know you're just playing make believe scenario hunting - Nintendo's not going third party for a long long time. They could stop doing anything this generation right this second (which is slowly improving for them btw) and still be fine. I think you all underestimate just how much money they made during the Wii era - investors are pissed because they're not still printing excessive amounts of money and just going up and up on their stock price, not that Nintendo is in immediate danger of closing.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The Wii U's very worth the money, go give your money to the devil if you don't like it.
I don't get what`s up with you Nintendo-fanatics. I'll take Smash Bros. wherever I can get it.

Is it normal to see Smash on other consoles by convention? No. Would I like it? Why not?
You probably only like the gameplay side of Smash if you think that, we Nintendo FANS don't want Nintendo's precious games on a pair of consoles created by an industry that has constantly and repeatedly **** on Nintendo.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

OBJECTION !

Not so fast ! How can you possibly say that ?! Nintendo Selling Bad Consoles ?!

So Let's see all of the consoles sell !

Acording of the last number of sell from January 2014
The wii sell 100,71 millions unite ! In 8 Years

The DS sell 153,87 Millions unite ! In 8 Years

And Acording of the last number of sell from end August - debut September 2014

The Wii U sell 7,21 millions unite she have 2 years old ...
The 3DS sell 44.14 millions unite she have 3 years old ...

Let's compare with the other companies ...

The PS3 sell 83,9 millions unite in 8 Years ... And less than the Wii / DS
The Xbox 360 sell 83.7 millions unite in 9 Years ... And less than the Wii/DS

The PS4 sell 10 million unite in 1 year ... More thant the Wii U / XBOX ONE
The XBOX One Sell 5 million unite in 1 year ... Less than the Wii U / PS4 / 3DS

And ... The PSVITA :troll: sell ~10 million unite in 3 years old ...

The War just started so you can't say which consoles are bad or not selling ! Remember the start of 3DS ? No sell , less than the PSVITA ... and ? Now the do x4 the PSVITA ! Remember the PS3 ? No sell ! But now she's the same number of sell of the Xbox 360 !

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Nekoo, hate to break it to you but the Wii U is selling way slowly, like it's tracking slower than the Dreamcast.

Your post hardly has any good points to back it up. All the comparions you're making is seriously not doing the Wii U any favor. A mainstream console selling not even 10 million units in 2 years is horrible.

The Dreamcast stopped around 10ish million units after 2 years on the market before dropping off (due to Sega lacking enough funds to keep it going), the Wii U on the other hand is almost 2 years and it's not even close to 10 million. It will end up outselling the Dreamcast in life time sales, but that's only because Nintendo has the funds to keep the console going, unlike Sega with the Dreamcast.

Nintendo will be fine, but let's not pretend the Wii U is selling good.

Last edited:

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
The quality of Sega's games (especially Sonic) has dramatically decreased after they stopped making consoles. The same thing will probably happen to Nintendo if they would do that. And honestly, the Xbox One and Playstation 4 aren't really worth the money right now either.

Super Mario is overrated.

Naoshi

As for this topic, no. Smash Bros should not be on PS4,XB1, PC. Why the hell should it? That makes the incentive to buy the Wii U and 3DS systems even less, thus hurting their sales.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Nekoo, hate to break it to you but the Wii U is selling way slowly, like it's tracking slower than the Dreamcast.

Your post hardly has any good points to back it up. All the comparions you're making is seriously not doing the Wii U any favor. A mainstream console selling not even 10 million units in 2 years is horrible.

The Dreamcast stopped around 10ish million units after 2 years on the market before dropping off (due to Sega lacking enough funds to keep it going), the Wii U on the other hand is almost 2 years and it's not even close to 10 million. It will end up outselling the Dreamcast in life time sales, but that's only because Nintendo has the funds to keep the console going, unlike Sega with the Dreamcast.

Whenever someone does an overblown Phoenix Wright-style court case thing on this website to counter someone else's opinions, they usually bring up worthless and bad points.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

OH NO !

No seriously... You're right ... But that's mean the Wii U is a bad Consoles ? No . Just Marketing error , she have a good potential . She had more exclusivity than PS/XBOX ... she sall bad ... Because Nintendo have this childlish image ... For all other teenager , Nintendo is Pikapika and unicorn and Rainbow , the """""GAMER""""" don't see the artistical work for a Mario/Zelda/Pokemon ... because it's Cartoon , childish , they just want PAN-PAN-BOOM ! Call OF DUTY 25 With MORE WEAPON BECAUSE IT"S REALISTIC ! FIFA IT'S ****ING Realistic ! DO REMAKE OF GAME LIKE THE LAST OF US/GTAV JUST ONE YEAR AFTER HIS PS3 RELASES IT"S SOO INTELIGENT ! But when Nintendo do a remake like Ocarina Of Time / Pokemon HGSS / Pokemon ROSA / Wind Waker HD ... After 10 years ... we ear " LOL NINTENDO REMAKE AGAIN !!1!111 Soo lame they just want moneyyyyyy !1!1 '' ... but Last of us/GTA/FiFa " OMG SOOO NEXT-GEN , WE SEE THE DIFERENCE ! '' ...

So i hope we never have a Smash in other consoles ... because i want to play Smash for years ... no a new Smash every years with Nintendog Chiwawa for pre-order DLC , Mario Gold Dark Tanukii for 15 bucks ...

Naoshi

Wow.

No where did I say the Wii U is a bad console. I was countering your argument about its sales.

And what is up with your tantrum with the rest of your post? :S

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wow.

No where did I say the Wii U is a bad console. I was countering your argument about its sales.

And what is up with your tantrum with the rest of your post? :S
I Just break up mentaly... anywere i go , in any forum ... i just ear those stupid thing against nintendo ... but they praise PS/XBOX and fight each other . I can't take my 3DS because i will be a " Child" because "it's don't had mature game" ... And , see those troll topic , those stupid argument , make me angry ... really , i just can't see the magic of nintendo game in other companies game ... but all mainstream teenager/gamer love them ... Soo i will be glad if i see these topic lock .

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I like how people think was Sega did was a good thing- they had no choice. Even then they were is much, much, much worse condition then Nintendo has ever been in as of yet. Also Sega makes most of their profits off of Casino Pachinko machines- not their video games. They don't pump out as many games (and they don't have to since there isn't a console for them to support) and even let some series die because they can't take as many risks. Even then some of their games are of... questionable quality.

Also don't compare the dreamcast to the WiiU- you forget Sega kept over saturating and releasing consoles without letting their older consoles finish their life span (Or even let the games get published for them since the new console is out, why not use it?) so consumers and developers stopped supporting them. Sega was deep in the red by that time anyways and the company president at the time saved the company using his own life savings.

Let people like what they like- I like Nintendo's gimmicky controls sometimes and if I got another console I'd get the PS4. If I had enough Money I'd get all 3. Nintendo fills a niche that the other two big companies don't and you shouldn't want any big video game company to fail- it is bad for the industry.

I would honestly be lying if I said a Smash Bros x Playstation All Stars crossover wouldn't excite me, but its not going to happen and it wouldn't feel right. At the end of the day Nintendo going Multiplatform isn't the end of the world- but Consoles in general might be long dead before they are forced to do so. Also the Wii and DS were blockbuster consoles so it isn't like this has been failure after failure like Sega.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I Just break up mentaly... anywere i go , in any forum ... i just ear those stupid thing against nintendo ... but they praise PS/XBOX and fight each other . I can't take my 3DS because i will be a " Child" because "it's don't had mature game" ... And , see those troll topic , those stupid argument , make me angry ... really , i just can't see the magic of nintendo game in other companies game ... but all mainstream teenager/gamer love them ... Soo i will be glad if i see these topic lock .
http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/p/just-please-keep-calm-m-kay/

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice

I'm not saying I like exclusives either, but from a business point, it's the only thing that may save nintendo. I think a console is necessary because they are much better at just being able to boot up and start playing with friends. I used to think Nintendo was complete;y ******** when the wii u came out but as the other two get more and more redundant I can definitely see why they went the direction they did. It comes down to what tyhe things have that the PC doesnt: Xbox basically just halo, ps4 basically just, ff 15, either basically Kh3, wiiu a good handful of party games monster hunter and bayonetta. Ireally, really, don't like the wii u, but that's the only one with games so I can't really justify the existence of the other two in my own head.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Don't lisen him ...

Here's the exact quote taken from a feature in the latest issue of the UK's Nintendo Gamer magazine: "Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there's almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out - we're in the year 2075 by this point - they've got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business."

Sources : http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-doomed-not-likely-just-take-look-how-much-money-its-got-bank/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom