• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Smash Bros. had a Horror rep?

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Horror is probably one of the few genres that doesn't have a rep in Smash. The closest is probably Castlevania but that's more of an action game. the most we've ever gotten was an assist trophy from Fatal Frame and a few spirits. Of course there are other genres that could use reps as well. FPS, Shoot em' Ups, Rhythm games, ect. But since the Halloween season is right around the corner I wanted to focus on the horror genre!

Some good options I think could work are as followed
  • Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
  • Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
  • Freddy Fazbear or Springtrap (Five Nights at Freddy's)
  • Big Daddy (Bioshock)
  • Slender Man (Slender)
  • Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)
  • A Fatal Frame rep
  • Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness)
  • Scissor Man (Clock Tower)
  • CatNap (Poppy PlayTime)
  • Ink Demon (Bendy and the Ink Machine)
  • An Alone in the Dark rep
Who else would you add?

Platform_Horror.png

This question actually got me to bring back an old series I have updated in over a decade!

Does anyone remember this show called "What if they were in Brawl?" created by CJSZero01? He would choose a character in Brawl's roster who was the most similar to the third party character in question. Then he made a stage for them in the stage builder and showcases a match with music from their series and using text to talk about their similarities and how they would play. When I was little I made my own show inspired by his called Third Party Mysteries. It was literally just the same thing. As the platform fighting genre grew so did my desire to bring the show back to represent the genre rather than just Smash but still using Smash Ultimate as a template due to its massive roster size to make more parallels with and its stage creator. You can watch the first episode here! The second is already complete and scheduled for a November release. And I already have some art and stages done for the third which will come out in 2025!
What if smash Bros. had a Horror Rep?

FazDude

Smash Master
Now, if I wanted to say who I think would be most likely to get in as a horror rep, my pick would probably be Wesker or Nemesis from RE - Leaning on the former since his design wouldn't have to be censored nearly as much. They're recognizable and have a lot of potential, and Capcom seems keen on them getting into crossovers.

On the other hand, if I wanna say who I want most...

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
There are 3 more recent indie survival horror games I absolutely adore, though it's not like they really have a chance; Signalis, Crow Country and Alisa.

And while it wouldn't take precedent over Resident Evil, I still think Dead Rising is worth mentioning. The series can be pretty goofy but I think the first two titles are still intended to be a part of the horror genre.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
It'll definitely be Resident Evil. Leon probably makes the most sense given RE4 launching on GCN first, the flashy moves he had in that game, & a laser weapon being part of its arsenal.

Dylan Watts

Smash Rookie
I can see Resident Evil being the most likely and I typically see Leon, Wesker, and Nemesis get thrown as most wanted. Crist and Jil also get some love, but Leon seems to be more popular, most likely because unlike the other two, he hasn't been in a fighting game yet.

Now as for Bioshock, while I didn't make a Big Daddy per-say, I did make Subject Delta (the playable big daddy from bioshock 2) a moveset. Choice him over the Bouncer due to the choice factor that Little Sisters (his down special) has, which wouldn't make sense if it was a normal big daddy, but I wouldn't his we got a normal one ether. A lot of what I design for Delta could be transfer over to Bouncer. Also thinking of making a Splicer moveset some time, and giving that one of the possible themes for next month's round of this moveset contest I'm in is Corruption, I might do so soon.

Freddy and Pyramid Head, I'll admit, I haven't played much of their franchises (I do have plans to play Silent Hill 2 though, don't worry), but I have seen other people moveset that design them as grapplers, and given that of the four main archetypes, grapplers are that one smash is in need more of, I wouldn't mind seeing them in to feel that void.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I can see Resident Evil being the most likely and I typically see Leon, Wesker, and Nemesis get thrown as most wanted. Crist and Jil also get some love, but Leon seems to be more popular, most likely because unlike the other two, he hasn't been in a fighting game yet.

Now as for Bioshock, while I didn't make a Big Daddy per-say, I did make Subject Delta (the playable big daddy from bioshock 2) a moveset. Choice him over the Bouncer due to the choice factor that Little Sisters (his down special) has, which wouldn't make sense if it was a normal big daddy, but I wouldn't his we got a normal one ether. A lot of what I design for Delta could be transfer over to Bouncer. Also thinking of making a Splicer moveset some time, and giving that one of the possible themes for next month's round of this moveset contest I'm in is Corruption, I might do so soon.

Freddy and Pyramid Head, I'll admit, I haven't played much of their franchises (I do have plans to play Silent Hill 2 though, don't worry), but I have seen other people moveset that design them as grapplers, and given that of the four main archetypes, grapplers are that one smash is in need more of, I wouldn't mind seeing them in to feel that void.
Before I beat Resident Evil 4 for the first time Nemesis was most wanted because I thought Leon was just a "action man with guns" but after beating I just looked at the screen and said "Oh my god. I get it." like Danny Devito in that clip

Top Bottom