• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Olimar's colors change the captain itself?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I came to the realization that there are six different playable captains in the Pikmin games. Olimar, Louie, President, Charlie, Alph, Brittney. There are also 6 different colors for Olimar in SSBB. So I have to the idea of what if when you change colors Olimar actually changes to one of the other Pikmin characters?

Olimar: Red

Louie: Light Blue

President: Black/Yellow

Charlie: Green

Alph: Dark Blue

Brittney: Pink

I don't know about you, but I think that would be awesome.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't see this to be really likely. Not to mention it would sort of mess with team battles...

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I'd rather have this than having the horrible idea of them as seperate characters

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Doubt it unless they do something similar for all characters. But overall Sakurai has mentioned he doesn't like costume customization like adding hats/glasses/etc because it removes the uniqueness and character from the character. This completely defaces Olimar so I doubt it would happen and if a second costume was available I would say Alph (or Louie).

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sakurai already said he won't be making other characters alts because that would take away from the whole point of it being that character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What SmashShadow said.

When Sakurai is hesistant to add Dr. Mario as a palette swap of Mario, which are the same person, having six different characters in one slot sounds highly unlikely. But hey, that's what Smash hacks are for. ;)

Personally, I find putting a character as a palette swap of another to be a bit disrespectful of the fans of the former.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Looks like with the confirmation of alt. costumes, we might get all 5 captains as alt. costumes?
Do you guys think this is possible?

Even so that seems impossible, would be awesome as all hell, but probably not possible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We could get colors based off of the other Captains. But other than that, I can't see much else being done. Maybe he will get one other Captain as an alt. But definitely not all of them.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Even so that seems impossible, would be awesome as all hell, but probably not possible.
Way possible. Wii Fit gets a male version, which has different body proportions. And the main difference between pikmin captains are their heads, which wouldn't be hard.
Probably isn't likely that we would get all of the captains, though.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I would support it, but then the Announcer would need to say "Louie Wins." Instead of "Captain Olimar Wins."

But then again, it was Captain Olimar, and not "Pikmin Leader"

Master_Morrison

Smash Cadet
Well if it was pikmin and captain as the character then I don't see why they don't use the other captains in as their models because they don't have voices anyways well olimar didn't in brawl so it wouldn't be an issue if that was the case in smash 4
But I would like to see olimar have a color to represent the other captains just like captain falcon represents the other drivers in his series through his costumes
And I wouldn't mind them having another captain with a different move set if they didn't incorporate the pink and stone pikmin in their move sets
Because so far they haven't shown the new pikmin in any of the picture of olimar

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I'm glad somebody brought this up because I really wanted this at one point. Maybe not for colors, but Louie, Alph and Charlie could be alt. costumes instead of just colors (and Olimar could retain his normal colors). Maybe not all of them. I'd settle for either just Alph/Charlie to represent Pikmin 3.

As much as I want, I doubt it'll happen. It's possible, but unlikely.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
This. I'm a huge Pikmin fan but the series only needs one rep.
That Plasma Wraith thread seemed pretty neat to me, but I guess Pikmin doesn't really need a second character...

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I think they could implement this in a way that would work. I'd be happy with this as long as it would change their voice, and also their name (for example- the announcer would actually say 'Louie').
I think it would work because Olimar is unique in that the focus is on the Pikmin, not the captain. The captains don't have any unique abilities apart form each other, so I see them as being 'interchangeable'.
Seeing that Sakurai is willing to do small, easy changes in order to implement new characters in a quick and 'lazy' way, as he did with Lucina, I think this is a definite possibility. And if we follow Sakurai's guideline, they would be put in one slot, because they would have no differences in their moves or attribute.

I support this. It's an effective, easy way to represent the other captains without taking up unnecessary slots.

The alternative is having palette swaps inspired by the other captains, rather than have it change the character itself.
For example:

LOUIE:

PRESIDENT:

ALPH:

BRITTANY:

CHARLIE:

BONUS - The Unused Fourth Captain from Pikmin 3's Concept Art

Last edited:
Top Bottom