• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Nintendo don't announce the characters people think they would?

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
I want to believe The Grinch leak was somehow set up by Nintendo to set up hype for very cult followed and cult classic characters just so they can revert expectations and announce really big characters that might break the internet (No offense intended by saying big characters instead of characters from old games no average person really knows or cares about)

Its the same thing with the Cloud announcement, NO ONE expected Cloud to get into Smash and everyone expected they'd announce K Rool or Ridley or Bayonetta. I'm somehow hoping the same thing happens next direct and they announce someone bizarrely triple A and big named like Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy (too big but a man can dream), Raiden, 2B, a Tekken rep, a Bethesda rep, a Dark Souls rep, Strider as the retro character (G&W 4 Melee, R.O.B 4 Brawl, Duck Hunt 4 Wii U, Strider Hryu 4 Ultimate).

What do you guys think? Am I being too hopeful and dreamy or is it really realistic Smash has grown to such a powerful IP that other companies would WANT their character to be in Smash just to promote their games better.

awert

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the Smash fanbase would be hyped for the character they actually voted for in the ballot rather than a random third party character.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I'm seeing this as a likely outcome because a lot of people seem to be buying into this blurry poster art bull crap. That image looks like it could have been done by a high schooler to be perfectly honest. People should prepare to be disappointed.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Cloud isn't a dime-in-a-dozen pick; there's a small finite number of third-party candidates who'd be worth the effort, and not all of them close to his reveal. And Smash is going to prioritize Nintendo's own franchises over third-party ones in almsot any occasion. Even Cloud couldn't make up for those who wanted Wolf or K. Rool.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So far Bandana Waddle Dee, Magolor, and Isaac are the only fighters from the top of the smash ballot that haven't been mentioned yet. My guess is the Grinch leak was a hoax or a fake so Nintendo could announce something along the lines of those three without spoilers.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Boy sure am glad you don't make the Smash roster. I would rather Smash stay true to itself (Nintendo All-Stars duking it out) instead of turning Smash into a generic "Videogame characters: The Fighter". I mean some of ya'll I really question how are you even fans of Smash Bros in the first place if you want to keep adding random 3rd parties to the game?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I would laugh because people need to stop being so gullible. If it's real, then the only character I'm looking forward to from it is Mach Rider.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Mallow for Smash.

But seriously, let's dial it back on the third parties. Tekken? Bethesda? Really? Not saying we should purge them all from the roster (Cloud is finally earning his keep soon after all), but I don't want them to add so many. Especially second rate ones.

Top Bottom