• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if - Karissa ''The Destroyer'' Bannister's footage were to be fake ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
Hell guys. Just want to get this out of the way. Today we got a glimpse of what might tbe the most amazing thing you'll ever see in your life.

It is regarding this video.

Karissa Bannister (now a.k.a Karissa The Destroyer) kicking butt in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U. Now from looking at the footage i kinda noticed a pathern. Honestly (even though i really am just 75% all for this)the footage looks way to good to be true. Why ? Well there are serval reasons on what we should really look into more.

First of all Karissa Bannister is not your ordinary 10 year old. She is a very young actress in fact. Seeing that she is trash talking tolwards the people she is playing against, it looks kind of too good to be true. Now we can just assume that this is just pure skill...but there is more !

Look at this footage. It's certainly better than the last one because, now we can see the fight better (sorry to the cameraman from earlier...it was really messy) And thus we begin exploring a little tiny bit more.

At 1:13 She throws the banana, jumps and grabs in a perfect pace WHILE you just look away from the screen to talk to D1. You need some serious training to pull such a move off. at 2:00 the same thing happens. She moves really fast and looks at D1 for just a second.

To pull such a move off you'd have to be glued at the screen or trained way to much to make that move happen. (i am sorry but sma4sh 3DS is not gonna get the job done since the controlls do differ..and it's actually hard to pull that off on a 3DS...so training on the 3DS could most likely be false.)

Seeing that it's kind of a trent to make someone popular via a video that is really messy, i can see this being a very well done stunt (because you know...alot of people already got their hands on the game who were worthy getting it send home by Nintendo NOA)

What do you guys think ? Is it real ? Is it fake ? As much as i really want this to be real...some things look off. And if it were to be real i think we'd all agree that we would like to see her in Evo. If it's not...then this is the best stunt they've ever done.

(i really hope this is real...-cries-)

UPDATE !

IT WAS ALL STAGED !

Someone tweeted a picture of an e-mail about hidden cameras that would show the girl whooping everyone !

tweet:
https://twitter.com/KBKinderparty/status/531556402352103424

This was a really cool stunt though ! it looked really believable and everything but too bad it was all staged...but that still leaves the question...WHO WAS THAT DIDDY KONG.

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Lol She'd stand no chance against my Duck Hunt.
I'm kidding. Lol She's REALLY good! Imagine how she'll play when the next smash comes out! Not even that, but she'll just be amazing. Can't wait to see her try out Project M! xDDD This is really good.

Gea

Smash Master
This scene's obsession over a ten year old girl is kind of creepy. The video shows some guys being nice and having fun with someone, which is great. Do you not find it strange that you are digging up information on a ten year old girl?

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely sure it's real myself, but it's honestly not too relevant for me.

Good for her anyways, with that extraordinary confidence she'll be going places in life.

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
This scene's obsession over a ten year old girl is kind of creepy. The video shows some guys being nice and having fun with someone, which is great. Do you not find it strange that you are digging up information on a ten year old girl?
...by gods...you're right....I AM A HORRIBLE PERSON (nah...i just want to see if this is real or not)

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
I'm not entirely sure it's real myself, but it's honestly not too relevant for me.

Good for her anyways, with that extraordinary confidence she'll be going places in life.
I know ! The way the Diddy Kong moves is in speeds i could only dream of seeing in sm4sh. If it's real i really want to see her back in EVO. If it's fake...best stunt people have done all day.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

Could totes be staged

D

Deleted member 245254

Reposting my comment from Reddit.

Yeah, I don't expect any part of the community to go easy on the people that organized this as some kind of joke, as seemingly minimal to some as it may seem, and I've come to accept that quality of the community.

I lost *all* credibility and received a whirlwind of hate over saying Mewtwo was in when it appeared that he wasn't in the default line-up, and despite the fact I was right, I would rather have just kept my mouth shut from the get-go than endure the thousands of glares and bitterness from hopefuls who are really passionate about things, such as Mewtwo, or even a 10 year old prodigy story. You just can't control what people decide to take as a joke or not.

I just don't think it's ever in good taste to lie to a community, even if it's a joke, because what's the next joke? A false winner of a major? The death of a popular commentator/player? You don't see major news outlets or their mouthpieces throwing hoax news pieces out on Twitter for fun, because people look to them as a source of trusted information not a "haw haw". It may seem like you can attribute this to people taking something seriously but to be quite honest, it seems like a pretty rational reaction.

In my opinion, as fun as you thought this was, it might behoove those involved to consider not doing such things again for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

NiderQueen

Smash Cadet
NNID
YakiStrider2409
3DS FC
2681-0178-5926
Hell guys. Just want to get this out of the way. Today we got a glimpse of what might tbe the most amazing thing you'll ever see in your life.

It is regarding this video.

Karissa Bannister (now a.k.a Karissa The Destroyer) kicking butt in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U. Now from looking at the footage i kinda noticed a pathern. Honestly (even though i really am just 75% all for this)the footage looks way to good to be true. Why ? Well there are serval reasons on what we should really look into more.

First of all Karissa Bannister is not your ordinary 10 year old. She is a very young actress in fact. Seeing that she is trash talking tolwards the people she is playing against, it looks kind of too good to be true. Now we can just assume that this is just pure skill...but there is more !

Look at this footage. It's certainly better than the last one because, now we can see the fight better (sorry to the cameraman from earlier...it was really messy) And thus we begin exploring a little tiny bit more.

At 1:13 She throws the banana, jumps and grabs in a perfect pace WHILE you just look away from the screen to talk to D1. You need some serious training to pull such a move off. at 2:00 the same thing happens. She moves really fast and looks at D1 for just a second.

To pull such a move off you'd have to be glued at the screen or trained way to much to make that move happen. (i am sorry but sma4sh 3DS is not gonna get the job done since the controlls do differ..and it's actually hard to pull that off on a 3DS...so training on the 3DS could most likely be false.)

Seeing that it's kind of a trent to make someone popular via a video that is really messy, i can see this being a very well done stunt (because you know...alot of people already got their hands on the game who were worthy getting it send home by Nintendo NOA)

What do you guys think ? Is it real ? Is it fake ? As much as i really want this to be real...some things look off. And if it were to be real i think we'd all agree that we would like to see her in Evo. If it's not...then this is the best stunt they've ever done.

(i really hope this is real...-cries-)

UPDATE !

IT WAS ALL STAGED !

Someone tweeted a picture of an e-mail about hidden cameras that would show the girl whooping everyone !

tweet:
https://twitter.com/KBKinderparty/status/531556402352103424

This was a really cool stunt though ! it looked really believable and everything but too bad it was all staged...but that still leaves the question...WHO WAS THAT DIDDY KONG.
Man I really wanted to believe. I do hope that younger smashers can make it into the big leagues though sometime. *hopes of future mew2princess are back on hold*

TehNub

Smash Rookie
Karissa is a straight up jerk; D1 gets the change to play her in tournaments like twice a year and it's staged. So BM.

otter

Smash Ace
The question is if D1 was paid to throw matches.

Wouldn't that just open the door for anyone colluding to just say it was a (not funny but profitable) joke?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't get it, why stage this stuff? What Gamestop wanted to get with this? Anyway it's kinda sad because Im sure there's real kids who are really skilled at games like this, and this kinda bad actress gets the attention with staged matches and trash talking.

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
Man I really wanted to believe. I do hope that younger smashers can make it into the big leagues though sometime. *hopes of future mew2princess are back on hold*
I don't get it, why stage this stuff? What Gamestop wanted to get with this? Anyway it's kinda sad because Im sure there's real kids who are really skilled at games like this, and this kinda bad actress gets the attention with staged matches and trash talking.
NO FEAR there are 2 little boys who played a little bit of melee...and let me tell you: they might want to train harder because one of them made one amazing combo using marth.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
NO FEAR there are 2 little boys who played a little bit of melee...and let me tell you: they might want to train harder because one of them made one amazing combo using marth.

lol it's like he starts with "oh wow, Tilts are pretty good, lets use tilts a lot" then he discovers smash attacks and is like "oh dang this is even better!" *smash* *smash* *smash* *smash* *smash*

OP: Ugh, I was kinda disappointed this turned out to be a hoax, but who knows, maybe she'll take a real interest in the game now and actually get good. Or maybe this appearance will be what launches her acting career and we'll see her next in some cameo on Selfie or something. Or maybe she'll never do anything ever again.

350 for 10hr work, tho? That's pretty good wages... like 35 bucks an hour. I don't speak Hollywoodease what is that 2yr buyout crap mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom