• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if I told you a fighter from a bootleg game will be included in the 2nd SSBU fighter pass?

Smashy64

Smash Rookie
I don't know who, Q-boy, Metal Fighter, Hummer, or even caveman Mario (if Sakurai is up to the memes, after all Sans is now a mii fighter costume) but the concept of such makes sense to me seeing as bootlegs have a extensive history on Nintendo's consoles.

12cheeper

Smash Apprentice
I'd tell you that you're delusional tbh.Even if he wanted to I imagine licensing an unlicensed character would be almost if not completely impossible even if the devs were still around.It doesn't really help that nearly all pirated games are almost universally terrible.

Smashy64

Smash Rookie
I'd tell you that you're delusional tbh.Even if he wanted to I imagine licensing an unlicensed character would be almost if not completely impossible even if the devs were still around.It doesn't really help that nearly all pirated games are almost universally terrible.
I suppose licensing a unlicensed character sounds difficult, and ironic.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Hmm yeah I imagine they'll go to all the trouble to add a character that infringes on their own or other people's copyrights.

Are you legitimately out of your mind?

I'd tell you that you're delusional tbh
Shh, no you can't say that, you're not allowed to tell people that their cartoonishly ridiculous ideas are not realizable in the game

Smashy64

Smash Rookie
Shh, no you can't say that, you're not allowed to tell people that their cartoonishly ridiculous ideas are not realizable in the game
The truth is i'm not entirely on board with this idea even if I came up with it, I just had put it out there because no one had ever thought of it before, delusional or not.

Smashy64

Smash Rookie
Hey look I know I came up with this but I'm still not entirely on board with it either, I just felt like putting it out there even if it makes me sound like a madman.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I genuinely enjoyed Q-Boy, it was a charming little game. The level design leaves a lot to be desired, and the jumping mechanics are a little hard to get used to, but I had a blast in the end.

Smashy64

Smash Rookie
I genuinely enjoyed Q-Boy, it was a charming little game. The level design leaves a lot to be desired, and the jumping mechanics are a little hard to get used to, but I had a blast in the end.
Sachen's earlier games were what really got me thinking about bootlegs in smash, especially because they are almost entirely original.
I see people talk about forgotten mascots but never about Q-boy, he must be one of the most obscure platformer mascots of all time.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I like this game a little too much.
qboycardno75.png

Biggest plot twist of the millenium if this ever happened at this year's VGAs, not to mention color theory. :laugh:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I guess I don't know what qualifies as bootleg.
I don't know what Qboy is- but he seems like a fanmade game.

If any fanmade game is considered bootleg, then I guess the term isn't something I'd use to qualify a character.
Memes seem like something completely different.
Are we putting Sanic and a character from Pokemon Uranium?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
The most likely bootleg character for reals??
Ms. Pac-Man!
(Assuming she escapes AtGames legal rights hell)

smash puffle

Smash Ace
So I uh... Hee hee.
I think I took the concept for a bootleg game fighter a little too far this time. But hey, I enjoyed making this.

Top Bottom