• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Ganon's moveset was pasted on to another character?

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Imagine Ganondorf's movement being replaced with swords and magic (like in hyrule warriors) and Ganon's moves being pasted on to Black Shadow or Blood Falcon ( If one of them was added ).

Would you use the new character because of the movement? Or are you attached to Ganon? Maybe use both?

Personally I would use both, but ultimately play the new character more. How about you?

Last edited:

Bittersweet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eskay64
3DS FC
2449-5765-1828
I'd go to the new character, probably. I might still play Ganon occasionally, but I've grown so attached to the moveset that it would be awkward to change.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I play Ganon because he's Ganon. Whether he uses fists, swords, a trident, etc., I'll still main the guy. As for the moveset, I'd probably use them, too. I love the flame choke.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd be cool with it. I don't actually play Ganondorf, but my brother's mained the guy since Brawl and I've grown very fond of him as a result. I'm quite content with his moveset as it is now, though if Black Shadow was added as a newcomer, I'd definitely see him adopting the "savage and brutal Captain Falcon clone" mantle instead. I think Ganondorf's essential physics ought to remain intact, at least, though I don't think we'd have to worry in that respect, seeing as how "big strong lord of darkness" is kind of his thing.

Considering Sakurai's recent comments about why he made Ganondorf the way he did, though, I'm very impressed. Sentimental, possibly, but he definitely admires the Dorf for what he is.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
How can we forget this masterpiece

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
Found it.

"Ah, yes. I've gotten many complaints about Ganondorf. Why doesn't he use his sword more? Why isn't he as powerful as he is in Zelda? Well, when I decided to add him in Super Smash Brothers, of course he was a late addition included only because his physical appearance was easy enough to model swap over Captain Falcon. So I couldn't do as much justice as I wanted with him, but I worried people would be upset if I left out such an important and striking character.

Ganondorf is somewhat of a contradiction---in Smash Brothers, he's both powerful, yet sometimes comes across as a little worn down, a little tired. In a way, he was greatly influenced by my late father who passed away shortly beforehand. As a child, I viewed my father as a strict-disciplinarian, a man I both feared and respected. But when I grew up, I realized my father, that man I was saw as a powerful figure---a king---was often out of breath, and limped along. I wondered why I feared him so much? And in a way, that's how I've developed Ganondorf as a character. Personally I'm quite close to the character, and thus I find it difficult to bring myself to change him too much."

Definitely not what I expected to hear.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Both. Ganny is too cool to give up.

Top Bottom