• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if clones had unique movesets?

11volt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
Switch FC
SW-6893-8714-9974
Particularly Lucina and Dark Pit. What movesets would they have? What weight would they be? Be creative!

You could do the Melee clones too if you wanted to.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
If they had different movesets, the obviously they wouldn't be clones.

For Lucina, it'd be cool to see her have a moveset Chrom would have had in the game. I'd assume she'd be faster than Marth but a little stronger, yet not as strong as Roy

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
In Dark Pit's case, just give Pit his Brawl moveset instead.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
In Dark Pit's case, just give Pit his Brawl moveset instead.
He'd still be a partial clone then but they'd be less identical atleast.

I'm more interested in how people would declone Ganondorf and Pichu.
I'd give the former his sword, obviously, making him Smash's first slow and heavy swordsman unless Ike counts. What would his actual moveset be though?
And for the latter, I'd give Pikachu surf, acting much like Squirtle's recovery but I'm not sure how I'd differentiate the rest of the moveset.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
If they had different movesets, the obviously they wouldn't be clones.

For Lucina, it'd be cool to see her have a moveset Chrom would have had in the game. I'd assume she'd be faster than Marth but a little stronger, yet not as strong as Roy
Chrom's moveset would be identical to Marth and Lucina's. They have an identical fighting style.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Chrom's moveset would be identical to Marth and Lucina's. They have an identical fighting style.
Have you played Awakening?
All three of them fight very differently. Marth in the Smash games is pretty accurate to his rendition, atleast it seems to me since I played Shadow Dragon on the DS, which was after Melee was released.
Chrom is far bruter with his sword than Marth or Lucina. That's why people say Chrom'd be an Ike clone if he were in the game. His moves in Awakening are pretty fast and violent.
Lucina doesn't even grip or rest her sword the way Marth does, that already means she swings her sword in a pretty different manner. She fights pretty accurately in her character trailer for this game, but not in the game itself.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit would have to use his Dark Pit Staf for his aerials and normal attacks. It could could function similar to Pit, with swipes and spins, but add in some stabs for a forward smash, back air, and down air. He should feel very similar to Pit, but just worth a different weapon (and more attitude. )

His specials could be similar, but changed up a bit more.

Up Special could do damage, but have reduced range.
To compensate, Side special could be a dash forward and then a multi hit attack with the staff, like if Ike's and Cloud's were combined. It wouldn't have crazy end lag in the air, so combining the two specials with multiple jumps would still give a good recovery.
Down Special could only come out on one side, but be faster.
Finally, Neutral would be similar to how it is now; a strait shot with the staff. Not an arrow, but a fast projectile with similar charging power and such.

I was hoping for something like this when I first saw him, and it would make sense with his artwork.

(Also, this way Pit could get the electroshock arm and my dreams would come true. )

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Have you played Awakening?
All three of them fight very differently. Marth in the Smash games is pretty accurate to his rendition, atleast it seems to me since I played Shadow Dragon on the DS, which was after Melee was released.
Chrom is far bruter with his sword than Marth or Lucina. That's why people say Chrom'd be an Ike clone if he were in the game. His moves in Awakening are pretty fast and violent.
Lucina doesn't even grip or rest her sword the way Marth does, that already means she swings her sword in a pretty different manner. She fights pretty accurately in her character trailer for this game, but not in the game itself.
Chrom, Lucina, and both Marth classes in Awakening literally all share animations. Their fighting style is identical.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Chrom, Lucina, and both Marth classes in Awakening literally all share animations. Their fighting style is identical.
Actually, Lucina shares the animations with all of the generic swordsmen in the game. Or do the generic swordsmen use her animations? We can't tell.
But do you have a video of Marth's animations, then? I don't have the DLC because I don't buy DLC. Not at all, pretty much. Unless it comes with the game already.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Marth's animations are the same. He even shares a character model with Lucina, apart from her hair. Her, Chrom, and Marth also share very similar stat caps and are all based on the same root class design.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Marth's animations are the same. He even shares a character model with Lucina, apart from her hair. Her, Chrom, and Marth also share very similar stat caps and are all based on the same root class design.
Huh, that explains a picture I saw where Marth was wearing Lucina's clothes.
...Even then, I still think Shadow Dragon's Marth counts more. I haven't found any videos of Marth and Lucina fighting in Fates DLC where both of them fight with their original swords (only a few where Marth fights with the Levin Sword, but that uses its own animations) so if their animations are identical there, too, it'd definitely be odd.

Vidilian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vidilian
Dr Mario should have a move involving viruses. Maybe a a bit like Dededes side be from Brawl where he throws them out. Also his pills should be a lot more important to his gameplay somehow.

Top Bottom