• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What If BJ played like squirtle?

Reezus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3969-5407-4413
That's how I always imagined it as a child m8. Like comeon I wana see him use that speed not the car. :(

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I think me and pretty much every Roy Bowser Jr. player is happy with how he plays at this point. This has basically been said to death anyway, and it's way, waaay too late into the game's release to change anything like this... Yes, it would've been pretty cool to see Bowjow fight on foot, spinning out into foes with his shell, swinging out with his hammer, maybe even with his paintbrush (or wands for the koopalings), but I think they made the right call with Bowser Jr. I like his status as a heavy trickster, and I don't think they could have done that if he was on foot. It suits him - I'd've had it no other way. If you have a problem with it, then just don't play Bowjow, I guess.

(Besides, it makes it all the more satisfying when you ditch the car with Up-B and get a hammer kill. :cool:)

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
i definitively am not happy with bowser jr's status as a jack-of-all trades. Loses to heavy rushdow, loses to heavy defensive play, loses to camping, and actually has to worry against other mighty glaciers. that's not cool.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
i definitively am not happy with bowser jr's status as a jack-of-all trades. Loses to heavy rushdow, loses to heavy defensive play, loses to camping, and actually has to worry against other mighty glaciers. that's not cool.
Definitely not how I would describe him, nor do I think he has particular problems against any of those except for heavy rushdown

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Definitely not how I would describe him, nor do I think he has particular problems against any of those except for heavy rushdown
Seconded. A good ZSS or Fox can indeed cause trouble for Jr. However, I can handle the likes of Ganon, Bowser, Dedede, and Charizard pretty easily as Jr.
Zoners can prove a problem but the Mechakoopa is pretty useful as a shield to stop projectiles like Samus' charge shot, Link's arrows, and MegaMan's Fsmash.
Heavy defensive play is irritating because Jr doesn't have many options on shield (stupid weak grab), but it's still doable.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Seconded. A good ZSS or Fox can indeed cause trouble for Jr. However, I can handle the likes of Ganon, Bowser, Dedede, and Charizard pretty easily as Jr.
Zoners can prove a problem but the Mechakoopa is pretty useful as a shield to stop projectiles like Samus' charge shot, Link's arrows, and MegaMan's Fsmash.
Heavy defensive play is irritating because Jr doesn't have many options on shield (stupid weak grab), but it's still doable.
I think his grapple game is more about set-ups and pushing opponents away for more set-ups, if anything. Just a shame that it's slow as all hell, is all. -and I think he can sort of handle rushdown pretty well if done right. He has a lot of baiting tools, walls and traps up his sleeve, it's just tough to play when your entire game resorts to reads since you're too slow to perform said set-ups.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
I think his grapple game is more about set-ups and pushing opponents away for more set-ups, if anything. Just a shame that it's slow as all hell, is all. -and I think he can sort of handle rushdown pretty well if done right. He has a lot of baiting tools, walls and traps up his sleeve, it's just tough to play when your entire game resorts to reads since you're too slow to perform said set-ups.
I honestly think the only thing bjr can do against rushdown is try to outrush them and keep momentum on his side. He does have good traps and setups but a good rushdown opponent should be wayy too fast to let you even get started on that

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I honestly think the only thing bjr can do against rushdown is try to outrush them and keep momentum on his side. He does have good traps and setups but a good rushdown opponent should be wayy too fast to let you even get started on that
Yeah, that's the only problem. But I think as Bowjow you can give yourself enough breathing space somehow to start a set-up or two, and you can start gaining the advantage, stopping them in their tracks. It's set-ups for set-ups for set-ups against rushdown, which... Easier said than done. lol

Top Bottom