• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What has you hyped? Aside from the obvious (Mewtwo)

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
So I intentionally kept my expectations low, so everything revealed would have that much more impact.

Obviously, most of us are excited for Mewtwo (insert hype here), but what about the other announcements?

Personally for me, the biggest thing im looking forward to is the stage creator! I knew it would be better than Brawl's, but never expected it to have the drawing feature, at least not in the way they showed it. I believe there are a lot of backgrounds to choose from as well.

What things did you find the most appealing to you?

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
honestly, nothign much besides the concept of the game itself (it's smahs!)

I'll probably still give it a 10/10 but... wolf still isn't back, i still have to see Robin's ugly face in the CSS while Chrom is just a final smash, Lucina is a clone but Alph (fa rmore important to his series) is just a mere alt, DK still doesn't have a newcomer, ROSALINA got in over Toad (that's simply ridiculous no matter what argument you use) most of the new modes seem meh (then again, so did Smash Run and it's great!), most of the new stages are a mess, 8-player smash isnt' particularly impressive to me when i'll only have people over around, what, 5 times an year or so? yeah... Target Blast sucks and Target TEST isn't back like it was in melee, Classic Mode seems REALLY crappy.

Soundtrack looks good. Actually, what has hyped me the most is that brief glimpse of the xenoblad eMedley, oh boy, that will rock.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Lol "the obvious". Not everyone is hyped by Mewtwo coming back. I couldn't care less about it.

Anyways, I am hyped for the music and the beautiful new stages.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
The possibility of character DLC, the stage builder (downloading what other people make), glorious graphics, and the competitive scene to develop.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Stage builder Hype is so real. I can't wait to play other people's creations.

I think I'm the only person who's excited over special orders. I mean, wow, Master Orders is endless randomized special smashes! It's essentially ToS without limited content. Crazy orders look unique and addicting too.

A lot of the new stages, but especially the new Gaur Plains with Metal Face.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Music!

That graph indicates that the Wii U version has more than double the amount of music on the 3DS. I was already in 7th heaven when I heard the Paper Mario Medley and SMB3 Medley, I can't wait to see what other amazing tracks it contains.

Zer0Shade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zer0Shade
3DS FC
0104-0338-8112
Pit's special conversations when using his down taunt at palutena's temple stage.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
The stages and music but I'm excited for the 8 player games and trying out the other modes too

Ps rosalina deserves her spot more than toad ;)

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I'm looking forward to the stages that some folks will build. It's gonna be really cool to see what happens.
The tourneys also look hella hype!
I feel like the only one who loves the way Classic mode looks.
I also hate Smash Tour. So disappointing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The stages and the music is what gets me all pumped up. :)

Oh and also Pit's smash taunt feature. I'm already anxious to see what he, Palutena and Viridi have to say about Rosalina.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Confirmation of DLC characters, the new stages, the returning stages (I honestly wasn't that thrilled with the 3DS version's stages, but the Wii U version is hitting it out of the park so far other than 75m), the improved stage builder, and of course the music. That Xenoblade remix sounded sweet from what we heard of it.

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
I'm honestly not that hyped about Mewtwo, I didn't really care. [I would have been more hyped had it been my boy Roy.]

The thing i'm most hype about is Pit, Paleutena, and Co's conversations on the different characters. The banter between everyone in KI:U was some of the best dialogue i've ever had the joy of listening to, so i'm expecting it to be just as enjoyable here. Other than that the trophey stands are another thing i'm hype for. They look awesome. Stage Builder also looks neat, as do the challenges. And that's about it. I don't have enough people around me for 8 player smash so I don't care about that, and like I said before Ridley or Mewtwo don't really do anything for me.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Stages, Stage Builder returning, multiplayer in pretty much every mode, Mewtwo, tons of music, and last but not least, EIGHTO PRAYAH SMASHU!!

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
8 player smash is cool, but I do not know when I wil put it to use. I wish it was online, but it is whatever.
STage builder is awesome, the music is great, the art style is fantastic. I cannot wait.

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm very happy to see Mewtwo return, but not so much like, for myself. I rarely ever played as him, but I'm happy that an old unique moveset actually returned for the people that did like it. If anything, I'm more excited about the idea of DLC character than Mewtwo himself.

Anyway the new Stage Builder and 8 Player mode got me hyped as ****. 8 Player mode is actually why I finally decided that I will get the adapter, I'll need all the controllers I can get to make it work. I just preordered the bundle earlier today, actually.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'm excited that the Wii U version will actually have plenty of competitively viable stages.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
MEWTWO! Well in reality:

-DLC Character are a real possibility in both version.
-The freaking music! In 3DS was good but in Wii U. There more than 400+!!! There even a Cyntia Theme of Pokemon and even City Trial Theme from Kirby!!! And both are remix!!! YES FOR THE MUSIC!
-Stages. Even 99% Gonna play them in Final destination mode. Having more interesting stage, is better. OMG Jungle Hijinx look interesting and oh my god, there a yoshi wolly world stage!!! That game is not even out!!!
-Metal Face. Metal Face feel cool to face him. Duck hunt killing metal face could be the most epic bosses ever.
-Ridley. Even ridley is a boss. Is act like a cheater playable character. Its have like final smash, He run more in the arena instead of flying and when someone K.O. He don't exploded, instead he get K.O. like any fighter and get even a point of killing. No other boss of the entire series does that. I think really act like a beta character.
-8-player smash. Seem cool but I don't I gonna touch that much.
-Stage builder! Man, they did a lot better this time! I gonna create a stage that can be like the project M version of it. Heck, they even a show that they made possible to make it even easier. I hope tourment allowed this is they get tired of final destination mode only and use custom mode for advantage of it, is they can find a way.
-Amiibo! Amiibo look very intersting and fun to watch. I gonna get one and train him with my mains!

There more but this one are the best I can rememerber. After all the best thing here are the Stage Builder and Music!

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
The largest for me is probably the new Online Tournament feature. 8 Player Smash is pretty exciting. The amount of music is also a favorite of mine.
Honestly, it'd be fair to say that I'm excited for every aspect about the game. I can't stop re-watching the Smash Direct.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
The stage creator is definitely something that excites me. And while graphics don't tend to affect my opinion of a game, Smash4 looks absolutely beautiful.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
honestly, nothign much besides the concept of the game itself (it's smahs!)

I'll probably still give it a 10/10 but... wolf still isn't back, i still have to see Robin's ugly face in the CSS while Chrom is just a final smash, Lucina is a clone but Alph (fa rmore important to his series) is just a mere alt, DK still doesn't have a newcomer, ROSALINA got in over Toad (that's simply ridiculous no matter what argument you use) most of the new modes seem meh (then again, so did Smash Run and it's great!), most of the new stages are a mess, 8-player smash isnt' particularly impressive to me when i'll only have people over around, what, 5 times an year or so? yeah... Target Blast sucks and Target TEST isn't back like it was in melee, Classic Mode seems REALLY crappy.

Soundtrack looks good. Actually, what has hyped me the most is that brief glimpse of the xenoblad eMedley, oh boy, that will rock.
Robin's better than Chrom.
And Rosalina's a thousand times better than Toad, because a Space Goddess > A generic NPC.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Robin's better than Chrom.
And Rosalina's a thousand times better than Toad, because a Space Goddess > A generic NPC.
Did you know Toad's been playable more times than Rosalina, and can actually work to represent the Mario series as whole via power-ups, instead of being a small representation of only 2 games where she was but an npc that you interacted with for less than 4 minutes? (rosalina's playable in 3DW but she takes nothing from there, so)

heck, "she represents Mario galaxy" and doesn't even have a spin jump. Leave it to sakurai to deny characters of the moves they should have. DK's roll as a side special? nope, headbutt lol. Ike's 2-range attack? up-b custom move. Bowser's hammer throw? Koopa Klaw/10. At least Jr. having cannonballs instead of bullet bills isn't ooc.

Did you know Robin doesn't use Axes, Lances, Offensive Skills, Defensive Skills, support Skills or Items in his moveset, and that around 95% of Robin's swordplay is horribly generic unlike what was advertised?

We didn't really need 2 more slow, fragile and clunky magicians in smash. Zelda was already enough, and we all knew Palutena and Mewtwo would happen. Now, having someone to permanently (AKA not a timed monado art) revive Roy's glass cannon swordplay would be very nice, seeing as the other cut clones didn't really stray far from their original's archetypes to be damaging exclusions.

If properly executed, both Chrom and Toad would be far better than what we got, but well, nothing that can be done about these bad choices; unless Sakurai realizes he alrady has the models for those 2 and makes them dlc.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I'm honestly not that hyped about Mewtwo, I didn't really care. [I would have been more hyped had it been my boy Roy.]

The thing i'm most hype about is Pit, Paleutena, and Co's conversations on the different characters. The banter between everyone in KI:U was some of the best dialogue i've ever had the joy of listening to, so i'm expecting it to be just as enjoyable here. Other than that the trophey stands are another thing i'm hype for. They look awesome. Stage Builder also looks neat, as do the challenges. And that's about it. I don't have enough people around me for 8 player smash so I don't care about that, and like I said before Ridley or Mewtwo don't really do anything for me.
Even better considering that KI:U was written by Sakurai himself, who's also probably writing this game :D

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hype for :

- Those graphic .
- Those Stages .
- Those 8 player Smash
- Those Custom Stages
- Mewtwo
- MOAR TROPHY
- Multi Stadium
- Co-Op Classic
- Co-op. All star
- Tourney
- Online Tourney
- Amiibo
- Upload Pic and Vidéo
- Paint
- Studio Photo
- Mewtwo
- Xenoblade Medley hype
- Annoncer sexy voice
- Did i say Mewtwo ?

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Did you know Toad's been playable more times than Rosalina, and can actually work to represent the Mario series as whole via power-ups, instead of being a small representation of only 2 games where she was but an npc that you interacted with for less than 4 minutes? (rosalina's playable in 3DW but she takes nothing from there, so)

heck, "she represents Mario galaxy" and doesn't even have a spin jump. Leave it to sakurai to deny characters of the moves they should have. DK's roll as a side special? nope, headbutt lol. Ike's 2-range attack? up-b custom move. Bowser's hammer throw? Koopa Klaw/10. At least Jr. having cannonballs instead of bullet bills isn't ooc.

Did you know Robin doesn't use Axes, Lances, Offensive Skills, Defensive Skills, support Skills or Items in his moveset, and that around 95% of Robin's swordplay is horribly generic unlike what was advertised?

We didn't really need 2 more slow, fragile and clunky magicians in smash. Zelda was already enough, and we all knew Palutena and Mewtwo would happen. Now, having someone to permanently (AKA not a timed monado art) revive Roy's glass cannon swordplay would be very nice, seeing as the other cut clones didn't really stray far from their original's archetypes to be damaging exclusions.

If properly executed, both Chrom and Toad would be far better than what we got, but well, nothing that can be done about these bad choices; unless Sakurai realizes he alrady has the models for those 2 and makes them dlc.
Ummm no shut up.

Rosalina has a great unique moveset that does a good job representing the galaxy games. Toad has absolutely nothing going for him other than popularity, which rosalina has too.

And Robin is way more interesting than chrom too and does a better job representing fe than any other character has

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

I'd just show you how Rosalina has better design, backstory, legacy and music associated to her than Toad, but you wouldn't listen since you still think a third blue-haired swordsman would've been better than Robin, and sure, mixing sword slices with magic on the same combos sure seems pretty generic. I agree on Bowser and DK's moveset being stupid, especially the fact that DK doesn't use barrel projectiles...but your choices seem to be the bad ones, Chrom and Toad over Robin and Rosalina? I fail to see how your choices have more star power than more unique, more memorable characters, Chrom falls to the side as soon as the third act kicks in and Toad's simply a generic Toad, maybe I could see Captain Toad working his way into the next Smash, as long as Rosalina doesn't go, since she's the best new Mario rep.

As far as movesets go, you have some valid complaints, for example, Rosalina's NAir should be the star spin, Bowser should be more like Bowser, and DK should throw barrels (BTW, his roll fits much more as a dash attack), but I don't see how Robin's not represented perfectly, he/she uses the base elements you're given at the beggining of the game, swords and magic, and also represents how Robin works as an everyman/woman, since he/she uses both physical and ranged moves.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Co-Op everything. SO many modes are multi-player this time around and it is going to make going through the solo modes a blast, and should help negate any of the inevitable solo burn-out between the two versions.

Two Player Online. Being able to team up with a friend versus the world is going to make Team Smash a favorite.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I'd just show you how Rosalina has better design, backstory, legacy and music associated to her than Toad, but you wouldn't listen since you still think a third blue-haired swordsman would've been better than Robin, and sure, mixing sword slices with magic on the same combos sure seems pretty generic. I agree on Bowser and DK's moveset being stupid, especially the fact that DK doesn't use barrel projectiles...but your choices seem to be the bad ones, Chrom and Toad over Robin and Rosalina? I fail to see how your choices have more star power than more unique, more memorable characters, Chrom falls to the side as soon as the third act kicks in and Toad's simply a generic Toad, maybe I could see Captain Toad working his way into the next Smash, as long as Rosalina doesn't go, since she's the best new Mario rep.

As far as movesets go, you have some valid complaints, for example, Rosalina's NAir should be the star spin, Bowser should be more like Bowser, and DK should throw barrels (BTW, his roll fits much more as a dash attack), but I don't see how Robin's not represented perfectly, he/she uses the base elements you're given at the beggining of the game, swords and magic, and also represents how Robin works as an everyman/woman, since he/she uses both physical and ranged moves.
i don't want to derail the topic further than this, so if you want to continue, we take it to PMs, but i will answer this here anyways

i don't see these first things you listed outweighing her lack of overall relevance to the mario series as a whole; remember 3 main games out of 15, and that's only counting unique main games. and oh, she is only playable in ONE of those main games, as an postgame character no less; outclassed by... Toad. yes.

And i disagree with Design (stop being hypocritical, Rosalina is just as bad as Chrom is in this; except it really doesn't matter for either... Toad does look 100% unique, as does Robin) and Legacy (wtf are you even talking about? Toad's, what, twice as old as Rosalina and actually playable in tons of games; how does that even compare?)

I don't realize how Rosalina is more memorable than Toad, when Toad's been at... what now, 100 games over her? and all games where they appeared together, we see Toads more often than Rosalina, to boot. And i don't see much of the "unique" argument holding up. it's nice that she is unique; at the cost of balance of course, since she is broken; but there is nothing really stoppping toad from being unique.

Toad = items. from using them when he's been playable to selling them to Mario, toad's most often associated with then, and havign a moveset around items represents not only 2 games; but the series as a whole. There are really few "general" ways of going about Toad's moveset; and i think this delivers what sakurai would like in the same fashion as

Chorm, by the way, doesn't fall to the side on the 3rd arc; all that happens is that Robin catches up with him in terms of direct importance to the plot, seeing as Robin's importance was only indirect thanks to his job, the only time he was truly significant (chapter 13), Lucina and Chrom outclass him. Between leading the search for the last gemstone,the whole Fire Emblem ordeal (on the 3rd arc only) and there is the issue of, i dunno, the Exalted Falchion which is used to, i dunno, finish up the final boss? and being important enough to have his own ending. is relevant too; as is havign actual character development over the story.

as of the 3rd arc, they are equals. before then, Chrom handily outclasses him. Outside the game, Chrom was the poster boy for awakening, advertisement = Chrom and Lucina, not Robin; not even when that'd be applicable (MH3 skins). Robin is not recognizable to the masses that only have a minimal idea of what awakening is; because he wasn't even promoted with the game as much as Chorm was. Overall, Chrom > Robin.

I think they simply deserve the slot more due to importance. anyone can be made unique, in multiple levels. i think giving credit to people who deserve the credit is valid, and it's simply... unjust to both Chrom and Toad.

For her moveset, i think it just proves Sakurai made Rosalina before the people in charge of 3DW did; possibly because that game wasn't planned around the time the roster was Galaxy kick and Saturn rings represent nothing truly significant to the Games besides, what, a reference to the setting? How's that better than raw gameplay stuff? Star bits made it, but i never saw Lumas barfing those. i swear, seeing this compared tot eh geniality of MGW and Megaman's movesets is just disgusting, but eh.

I think the star spin could've been her Up special instead; with the Luma morphing into a launch star (acting as her normal up-b with a slight start-up). This way she'd be more vulnerable when not having Luma (something sakurai utterly failed at making since she is reasonably strong; and it's not like Lumas don't come back easily enough)

i don't see being generic as an issue, Yoshi, R.O.B and the pokemons (sides mew2) all represent their species as a whole. i know DK's roll fits more as a dahs attack, but between it and the headbutt? come on. it's important enough to make it happen, i think... and Robin still lacks skills. all the other things i said Robin lacked can be very easily made into a moveset for Chrom; representing Fe far better by defualt since Magic isn't really more important than the non-sword weapon classes.

Top Bottom