• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happens when you do the kick taunt while in the negative zone?

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
Now that I think about it, Luigi's taunt does 2% damage and knocks the opponent sort of high in the air... (But never enough for the KO nomater what the damage %)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlHpH3QYvUY

If I remember correctly, being in the negative zone increases the distance you're thrown back when you get hit, so if I'm right about that, it's likely to believe doing the taunt in the negative zone will KO your opponent.

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
Try it when they're hanging on the edge. You'll probably want to use either "THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!" As your taunt message for it, OR "That's Mama Luigi to you!"

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it, Luigi's taunt does 2% damage and knocks the opponent sort of high in the air... (But never enough for the KO nomater what the damage %)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlHpH3QYvUY

If I remember correctly, being in the negative zone increases the distance you're thrown back when you get hit, so if I'm right about that, it's likely to believe doing the taunt in the negative zone will KO your opponent.
The thing is, it has way more knockback than it appears. His taunt hits people downward into the stage, so they don't go very high cause they are actually bouncing against the stage and being hit upwards.

MSVZNF

Smash Rookie
the video shows luigi not in his final smash though. I bet you would be sent higher if it was done in the negative zone due to its weird effects

hisshouburaiken

Smash Cadet
Just tried it.

The NZ's negative effects (low grav/increased knockback) CAN send the opponent up higher, but a KO isn't guaranteed.

I tried it on Final Destination against Ganondorf and Kirby - Dorf went offscreen, Kirby bit the dust, so weight plays a factor. If you catch a light character in the Zone on a high platform, a taunt kill is very possible :D

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
Just tried it.

The NZ's negative effects (low grav/increased knockback) CAN send the opponent up higher, but a KO isn't guaranteed.

I tried it on Final Destination against Ganondorf and Kirby - Dorf went offscreen, Kirby bit the dust, so weight plays a factor. If you catch a light character in the Zone on a high platform, a taunt kill is very possible :D
cool thats probally gonna be faster than using his upB on all 3 of the people in the neg zone, granted that there are 3 people in it

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
HAHA! That's cool how you could get a KO with the taunt. That would be the best time in the whole game to say "You got owned", because well, it would be true!

But I'd rather use Fire Uppercut (up + B) to knock them out because it would look cooler.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Just tried it.

Finally someone tries it! His Up-b might be more effective, but nothing beats the satisfaction of killing someone with your taunt. A satisfaction that only Luigi players can enjoy.

Folt

Smash Ace
YES!!! IT CAN KO!!!! My sis is going to be quite surprised when I Taunt KO her.

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
Just tried it.

Wow, really? I didn't think it was possible to KO anyone with it.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Wow, really? I didn't think it was possible to KO anyone with it.
I didn't even know taunts could hurt
Luigi is the only one that can kill and Snake's can hurt too. Here's a list of all of the characters (that I unlocked) that can be killed with the taunt. All tests were done on Final Destination, in Training Mode, with the opponent at or near 50% damage, inside the Negative Zone. Do not use the Negative Zone if you are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant. Side effects include, taunting, tripping, weak attacks, damage increase, dizziness, dandruff that grows plants, sleepiness, decreased speed, explosive diarrhea, and quoting Spongebob. Ask your doctor before using the Negative Zone. The Negative Zone is only for men healthy enough for brawling activity. Er-hem, uhh.. here's the list:

Kirby
Pikachu
Sheik
Fox
Mr. Game and Watch
Squirtle
Falco
Metaknight

That's them all. I haven't tested Toon Link, Wolf, Sonic, or Jiggles yet, anyone who wants to give it a try, feel free.

FatJared

Smash Rookie
out of the ones u havent tried it doesnt kill wolf and thats it. and fyi it works on zero suit samus

so full list is
Kirby
Pikachu
Sheik
Fox
Mr. Game and Watch
Squirtle
Falco
Metaknight
Toon Link
Jiggy
Sonic
Zero Suit Samus

Magnacor

Smash Ace
out of the ones u havent tried it doesnt kill wolf and thats it. and fyi it works on zero suit samus

so full list is
Kirby
Pikachu
Sheik
Fox
Mr. Game and Watch
Squirtle
Falco
Metaknight
Toon Link
Jiggy
Sonic
Zero Suit Samus
Did you do it at 50% or very close on Final Destination? If not then that could explain why it differes from my list. Reguardless, good job finding this out. I kept forgetting to get that finished.

Top Bottom