• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What happened to Ice Climbers Stage?

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
If you would remember, before Ice climbers were announced, a cool D.K stage was revieled showing fighters Brawl it out while clibing to the top of a large tree or whatever it was. After that, people thought ICe Climbers wasn't coming back.
I personally think all the characters are coming back even though Game and Watch shouldn't have been in Melee in the first place. (sorry game and watch fans...)

But, with ICe Climbers back what will thier stage be? Will they even have a stage or will there be another stage just like melee's and D.K's brawl stage? I think the Ice Climbers will come out with a very interesting and creative stage. I don't doubt that it will be bad, after all, how many fighting games have Pictochat as a stage?!? Anyway, i'm getting off topic. Basicly this is all i'm saying:

will there be a new Ice Clibers stage after D.K made something similer to the melee stage? Or will they even have a stage?​

That is all i'm saying.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
We've seen a glimpse of a new stage that has the northen lights that many believe to be a new ice climbers stage. However we still need to wait to find out what this stage is and if Icicle Mountain will return.

Edit: here's the link pause at 45 seconds.

MR333

Smash Cadet
i hope there is a new ice climbers stage, i really hated the one in melee

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I'm just kind of hoping for a big icy mountain. No scrolling, but places to climb. Like hyrule temple, only more vertical in size. With ice. (they need the advantage for their shoes)

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
I don't think its going to be the big time stage like Hyrule, we have Pork City for that. But I do think there will be something with a mountain. Anybody actually played the origional ice climbers? Is there something in the game that they might put in the stage? The world may never know...at least until february 10th.

MR333

Smash Cadet
I don't think its going to be the big time stage like Hyrule, we have Pork City for that. But I do think there will be something with a mountain. Anybody actually played the origional ice climbers? Is there something in the game that they might put in the stage? The world may never know...at least until february 10th.

they could put those breakable blocks they ahve in break the targets

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
Or maybe they could make something kind of like the Melee kirby stage with the exploding bombs. Only this time it will be ice blocks and if you destroy one, mr.freezees will break off and freeze somebody. Wow, I just realized how bored I am. The second someone replies to my topic I rush out to write another comment. But doing something worthwhile would mean doing homework and that is out of the question...

KBKirb

Smash Rookie
I think that Brawl could stand to have a couple of really big stages. Besides, a big stage fits the Ice Climbers anyway; in their games they basically start from the ground and go all the way to the top of a mountain. Something flatter doesn't fit them well, but something purely vertical would look too strange unless it was scrolling.

For the Ice Climbers' Stage, I would really expect it to be a variation of Icicle Mountain. A large, mostly vertical mountain as a stage; with a lot of platforms on it and around it, most which should be wide enough for multiple characters to fight on. Snow would fall constantly, gradually collecting at the very top of the stage, which after enough snow has built up (or if an attack hits it), an avalanche will fly down the center of the stage, knocking off people on the platforms that are a part of the mountain. It could also have a bunch of strong winds pushing people around along with the snow too...

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
Well I guess there isn't much to talk about here anymore since the Summit Ice Climber stage has been revield. Oh well. Ill still keep this thread up though.

walrusmen

Smash Rookie
Well in the description of DK's stage It says it only goes up and there is a surprise at the top so i bet half of every fight will be fighting up a water fall and half at old cranky's house so i dont think it will suck like ice climber stage did

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, the DK stage is huge, not like the relatively small and narrow Melee stage, and I'm willing to bet it scrolls slower (but still fast enough to be on your toes) so that it's not always a fight against the stage to survive.

I think the developers liked the premise of the stage (like I did, the idea was sound, the carrying out of it wasn't), and decided to learn from their mistakes while keeping the same premise.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
While the Melee Ice Climbers stage was annoying to lots of people (such as myself), I think the new Donkey Kong stage is similar.

The new Ice Climber stage looks just awesome.

Seriously.

EDIT: Whoops. We were already talking about that stage.

But anyway, the DK stage looks just as annoying as the Ice Climbers stage. EXCEPT IT'S IN THE JUNGLE. NO WAY.

Talendime

Smash Ace
1. I loved Infinite Glacier

2. In answer to the thread question: It exploded

I seriously dislike (hate) the new Ice Climbers' Level.
Too small I think.

samgamereviews

Smash Cadet
1. I loved Infinite Glacier

2. In answer to the thread question: It exploded

I seriously dislike (hate) the new Ice Climbers' Level.
Too small I think.
I like small stages...sometimes. But I also like big stages. But lets not get off topic. I'm not going to criticize the DK or Ice Climbers stage until I actually play it. Which could've been the first day of Hanukah but nooooo. Nintendo had to RIP US OFF AND DELAY IT! BOO YOU NINTENDO! WE WANT BRAWL WE WANT BRAWL WE WANT BRAWL!...Sorry, I got carried away. Now where were we?

Top Bottom