• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What games other than smash do you play competitively?

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I don't take any other game as serious as smash. But I play Pokémon at a high level (Both VGC and TCG), But like I said nothing comes before smash.

D

Deleted member 269706

Used to be really into TF2, never really did any big tourneys though. Haven't played that game in quite some time...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I play Mario Kart Wii competitively over Wiimmfi. I was gonna drop the game once Mario Kart 8 came out; but imo it was generally a complete let-down in terms of ever having a competitive aspect to it. Been into MKW for about 3 and a half years now.

Last edited:

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon is another of my big competitive games. I find it very rewarding to breed that "uber Pokemon" you'd be waiting ages for, with perfect IVs, nature and EVs, and it always brings a tear to my eye to watch them crush other people's carefully and lovingly trained Pokemon in that delightful PETA-upsetting sport known as Pokemon battling :p

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Used to be into competitive pokemon about 6 years ago (many pokemon generations ago). Too hard to get into again nowadays since there are just so many pokemon now haha. Used to be really into competitive StarCraft 2 back in the day during WoL too.

Nowadays it's just mainly just Smash. It's hard to find time to commit towards playing other games competitively. I play ranked in League a lot if that counts haha.

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Used to be into competitive pokemon about 6 years ago (many pokemon generations ago). Too hard to get into again nowadays since there are just so many pokemon now haha. Used to be really into competitive StarCraft 2 back in the day during WoL.

Nowadays it's just mainly just Smash. It's hard to find time to commit towards playing other games competitively. I play ranked in League a lot of that counts haha.
Yeah me too. I have taken smash seriously for over a decade. So I don't really take other games seriously. But I play pkmn tcg and vgc at a high level. But I've taken a break from pokemon!

But damn, I have a sad amount of play time in ac new leaf. I play that game so much when I can't play smash.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
~technically~ yugioh.
i work for alter reality games and make merch for their yugioh circuit series (woo playmats)
so I'm still trying to get into playing more
+ bf and all of our friends play

and technically league because ranked but lets be honest I'm bad at that game and can only play support and syndra.
and kha because he's EZ mode in jungle

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
None. Not even Smash. I do play other games that can be played competitively, like Mario Kart (lol) and Team Fortress 2 (lol), Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Ultra SF4.

Last edited:

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
I played a lot of StarCraft 2 and attended a few tournies. Didn't ever make it to masters but eh. Also played a lot of 2D fighting games but didn't attend any tournies for that. been wanting to get to some more but there's just no tournies near my school's campus

Grass

Smash Lord
Starcraft 2, SSFIV, Mahvel, Tabletop. I've played a lot of games besides smash. I just find fighting games to be a better strategy game then most strategy games.

Silent Assasin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-5557-9574
The only other game I compete at other than smash is ultra street fighter, which I'm no good at. Still I enjoy it so i'll slowly improve at it.

Facading

Smash Apprentice
After I got hit by a car, I had surgery and couldn't do much for awhile so I picked up tetris not knowing it could be played competitively. Stopped playing it for awhile and probably would've picked it up again if it weren't for pm and smash 4 :awesome:

Last edited:

deadcult

Smash Cadet
Basketball throughout highschool. Played the hell out of SC2. Dabbled in some Hearthstone, CS: GO and DoTA 2. College pretty much made it hard to really stay competitive in anything. I suck at smash right now but there is a local weekly gathering in my city that I'm going to check out after the holidays. As of an hour ago I found out I'm now in the Heroes of the Storm beta. Might try that one too.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I play Tekken and Soul Calibur competitively but I haven't done so in a long time.

I used to play Smash competitively but not anymore.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I play Pokémon competitively, but not as much as Smash. I also play TF2 as seriously as I can. Are there tournaments for Fire Emblem Awakening? Because if so, I could get behind that! My team on FE:A rocks.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
I played some regional mlg Black ops 2 a while ago, and some semi-competitive Battlefield 4.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I play Pokemon competitively, especially on the VGC tier. I was in the TF2 competitive scene for some time, but quit due to stress and overall having not enough time to do matches.
I tried to play Street Fighter IV competitively, but it was too expensive for me to buy an arcade pad just for one game. And I didn't really liked the community.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I don't even consider myself competitive at Smash. I have literally no self-esteem and don't think I could be competitive to save my life.

Although if I wanted to try I could've gone into competitive Pokemon. But then I stopped being able to keep up with it. I got into online battles in Gen IV and somewhere before B2W2 came out I fell off the track with it so to speak.

Last edited:

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
Pretty much any fighting games or sports games that can be played competitively, mostly Tekken and Madden.
Though I've been less serious about playing Madden competitively, instead opting to build a perfect 1,000-0 lifetime win-loss record.

I'm currently around 750 wins.

Last edited:

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
Honestly the only game that I play in tournament is smash, but if I had the skills and resources (a team), I'd probably pick up halo (especially 2, 3, and reach). Other games me and my friends take on a serious level are Crash Team Racing and Mario Tennis 64, even though they aren't really competitive games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom