• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game is Luigi's final smash from?

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Last time I checked, and I may be wrong, but in all of Luigi's vaccuum'ing and plumbing careers, he never called upon the spirits of a wicked magic voodoo poisonous sleep cloud gas dance.

Can somebody point this out to me?

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, Sakurai thinks Luigi is a depressed individual. I never saw this happen in any of Mario's game, except maybe Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion...

I'm guessing since he did work on Mother 3, perhaps he got the idea from the enemy, "Negative Man: By looking things negatively, he makes progress. He is...THE NEGATIVE MAN!!!"

Well, then again, Negative Man doesn't have any Negative Zone moves, so this means nothing. But if you look at it, there's no other game where Mario does his Pheonix Fireball attack. Possibly a Sakurai original?

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
The info from this trophy says "this final smash is a perk Luigi got once embracing the darkness of his brothers shadow." Or something along those lines.

I personally think they're overselling this, especailly since both of his congratulations screens are him killing Mario.

Jammo

Smash Cadet
Since when do plumbers have "dark sides"?

Plumbing is way too complicated O_o
Plumping IS complicated. When I use my toilet, pee rains down from the shower. I really don't understand pipes.

But in all seriousness. Not all Final Smashes make complete sense, like ROBs (they could have done better). But Luigi happens to just have the strangest one in the game. I'm sure we'll be hearing loads of threads about the Negative Zone.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
For some reason, Sakurai thinks Luigi is a depressed individual. I never saw this happen in any of Mario's game, except maybe Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion...

I'm guessing since he did work on Mother 3, perhaps he got the idea from the enemy, "Negative Man: By looking things negatively, he makes progress. He is...THE NEGATIVE MAN!!!"

Well, then again, Negative Man doesn't have any Negative Zone moves, so this means nothing. But if you look at it, there's no other game where Mario does his Pheonix Fireball attack. Possibly a Sakurai original?
While HAL did co-develop the Mother games, and Sakurai used to work at HAL, he never worked on any of the games and quit the company before Mother 3.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
To answer your question, it is from Super Smash Bros Brawl. No other game. It is Sakurai's interpretation of Luigi's life so far and in the future. The end. Period. The cake is a lie. Close topic.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i think it's from super mario RPG: legend of the seven stars on the SNES

TheFreerun

Smash Rookie
Its from Super Paper Mario for Wii! I had bought that game and Luigi gets turned evil to a guy called Mr. L!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVxTRGa46zw

there is the video of reaching the end of the negative zone. In this zone anything can happen, if you hit a block you go upside down and random things can happen with weird enemies. Because Mr. L was one of the bosses in this game they gave Luigi this as his final smash!

Not-Beef

Smash Apprentice
I live on P.E.I. Never heard of it? It's in Canada
Its from Super Paper Mario for Wii! I had bought that game and Luigi gets turned evil to a guy called Mr. L!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVxTRGa46zw

there is the video of reaching the end of the negative zone. In this zone anything can happen, if you hit a block you go upside down and random things can happen with weird enemies. Because Mr. L was one of the bosses in this game they gave Luigi this as his final smash!
Win.

Though the developers did reinterpret it from the Paper Mario games.

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
In the paper mario and gameboy rpg games it is mentioned that luigi has a dark side. The negative zone is probally fromt there.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
It reminds me of the green bubbles from some of the haunted houses in Super Mario World for SNES. Why Luigi uses it, I don't know.

Top Bottom