• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What FPS does Brawl run at? PM? On the Wii of course.

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I'm running PM on a hackless Wii, and it's nice, but the graphics are gross and it feels like there's some odd input or graphical latency. I got me some Dolphin goin' on, and I LOVE IT. It feels so much smoother, probably because I'm getting 60, but it made me think, didn't it run at 60 on the Wii?

On that note, how do those at tournaments play PM? If I remember correctly, I see them playing on those older TVs, and I assume this is because of the video signal type of the Wii. Do they ever run it off a PC? I'm playing it on an HDTV, so that's probably why the graphics looks worse than they should really, I remember plugging in my N64 and the vomit just started happening.

Anyway... Is there a specific reason for playing on those older TVs other than graphical fidelity? What FPS does it run at on the Wii?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Indeed I am. That's what I thought, I wonder why it feels smoother then...

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Mind you I'm actually playing with a mini-360 controller, I can still do nearly everything perfectly except for wavedash, but I suck at that anyway x-x.

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
If you want to play on an HDTV, you need to get a component cable and enable progressive scan in the Wii Settings so it doesn't look like trash. It will also help reduce the input lag a bit, but only CRTs are lagless.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I have a HDMI adapter for the Wii and use an HDMI cable.

PM looks good not reall issues I can tell. But I do feel a little bit of lag, so I turn on Input assist in the options. Than it feels like there I virtually no lag.

Top Bottom